Petition to Recall Midwest Governor BMotley
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:38:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition to Recall Midwest Governor BMotley
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Petition to Recall Midwest Governor BMotley  (Read 1851 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2015, 06:39:22 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

BMotley is a good person but a terrible governor. There has been no attempt in the past few months by the Midwest government to get things moving again, and the lack of government action has prompted rising unemployment and increased uncertainty by employers in the region.

This all may be for naught, as the regions could soon consolidate. But I'm not going to sit around and watch this region die - the Midwest has too much history for this to be allowed.

X Tmthforu94
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 07:08:19 PM »

BMotley had similar problems when he was Governor of the Mideast. I had hoped that the change of scenery would prompt him to become more active, but it is evident that it has not.

While I am not a Midwest citizen, as an Atlasian and a Senator I support this recall.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 07:15:11 PM »

For the record, the Midwest also has no members of the legislature since the September legislative elections were never held. Thus, the last election was July, and since we only had 6 voters, only one additional Midwesterner is needed to initiate a recall.

For the record, should another Midwesterner sign this, I plan to stand as a candidate in the recall.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 08:10:08 PM »

Hopefully he'll be more active considering he was chosen as a ConCon delegate.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 09:42:32 PM »

I move to re-introduce the proposal to merge to Midwest and the Pacific.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 10:57:12 PM »

Question: why was he voted in a competitive election be a delegate? This seemingly makes zero sense, but on the other hand it makes plenty of sense that this sad Senate would make terrible decisions such as this.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 05:42:13 AM »

x Marokai
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 12:10:42 PM »

This recall petition has gathered enough signatures. It has been presented to Governor BMotley.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 01:49:08 PM »

Question: why was he voted in a competitive election be a delegate? This seemingly makes zero sense, but on the other hand it makes plenty of sense that this sad Senate would make terrible decisions such as this.

I advised my colleagues against this in private, but sadly my entreaties fell upon deaf ears.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 04:03:43 PM »

I advised my colleagues against this in private, but sadly my entreaties fell upon deaf ears.

In hindsight, I feel like I should've a push for the spot, but I was expecting/hoping that support would go to either Cincy or Duke, and didn't expect the Senate to be that supportive of me.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 04:09:05 PM »

Proposal:

The Midwest and Pacific Constitutions will be amended as follows

-The two regions will elect a common Governor
-The two regions will elect a common Legislative Council consisting of five members
-The two regions will have a common judiciary appointed by the Governor, confirmed by the council
-The two regions will continue to elect separate Senators for the time being
-Officeholders will be allowed come from the two regions.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 02:30:11 AM »

Proposal:

-The two regions will elect a common Legislative Council consisting of five members
-The two regions will have a common judiciary appointed by the Governor, confirmed by the council

No. There is simply not enough activity in the Pacific and Midwest to ever justify five members. If you recall, there are no Midwest Councilors and a struggle to keep 3 in the Pacific. Who knows, if you make it 3 the elections might actually be mildly competitive.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 02:45:02 AM »

Proposal:

No. There is simply not enough activity in the Pacific and Midwest to ever justify five members. If you recall, there are no Midwest Councilors and a struggle to keep 3 in the Pacific. Who knows, if you make it 3 the elections might actually be mildly competitive.
I agree with turkisblau.

As already said, I think that the ConCon should solve this situation, by reducing the number of regions, not the regional governments.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 04:03:16 AM »

In hindsight, I feel like I should've a push for the spot, but I was expecting/hoping that support would go to either Cincy or Duke, and didn't expect the Senate to be that supportive of me.

Indeed, I was shocked that neither half of the dynamic duo expressed interest during the initial selection process. If asked ahead of time I would have put high odds that both Cincy and Duke would be there. Cincy probably could have won that vote over Bmotely with effort from the beginning. I think I was the only one who ended up firsting him unfortunately.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 06:09:04 PM »

When is the recall?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 10:39:22 AM »

Considering the awful state of the Midwest, this seems like a rationale thing to do
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 10:47:53 AM »

Well, the problem with recalling an inactive governor is that they are responsible for opening the voting booth. That should begin on Friday.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 10:50:38 AM »

Well, the problem with recalling an inactive governor is that they are responsible for opening the voting booth. That should begin on Friday.

God this sh**t is so hilarious. What is the process for recalling an inactive member of the ConCon?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 11:21:56 AM »
« Edited: October 06, 2015, 11:23:38 AM by Simfan34 »

Can your chief justice open the booth?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 11:23:01 AM »

You're presumably about to abolish the region anyway so why bother, really? Just let it stagnate until it's removed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 01:42:55 PM »

You're presumably about to abolish the region anyway so why bother, really? Just let it stagnate until it's removed.
There should be a backup plan in case the ConCon fails. I don't want ConCon to fail to do anything and the Midwest be stuck where it is at. The People deserve better.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 02:54:28 PM »

There should be a backup plan in case the ConCon fails. I don't want ConCon to fail to do anything and the Midwest be stuck where it is at. The People deserve better.
There's also the fact that the new Constitution will have to be ratified by the existing Regions to take effect. That will be difficult if we don't have at least semi-active governors to administer the voting booths.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 06:00:31 PM »

I do apologize for the absence, but I will have the voting booth up on Friday, and I would rather have Tmth take over anyway. School has been super busy, and this way I can work on being a delegate only. I appreciate the concern for the region, and at some point I will run again when RL is less busy.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 01:19:27 AM »

Yes. Hence why I've proposed the merger. A merged Pacific and Midwest (which I've always found a strange name, I'll add) would have 44 residents-- the same as the Northeast, the most populous region. There would be a critical mass for participation. There's no point in waiting for the ConCon-- which, let's face it, will almost certainly last for two or three months at the minimum-- to effect a merger when we can have results now. I'll draft the necessary changes to the regional constitutions by the end of the week and I hope we can get this to a vote by the end of the month.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies