Election 2000 and Beyond: Clinton impeached, resigns
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:22:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election 2000 and Beyond: Clinton impeached, resigns
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Election 2000 and Beyond: Clinton impeached, resigns  (Read 13709 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 04:19:28 AM »

Will Feingold run for re-election to the Senate in 2004? His seat was up that year.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 05:18:18 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2015, 05:23:35 AM by heatmaster »

Will Feingold run for re-election to the Senate in 2004? His seat was up that year.
If you recall that Paul Ryan ran both for his congressional seat and the Vice Presidency in 2012, so there's no law in Wisconsin, (LBJ law) preventing a candidate from running in two federal elections, so
Feingold can do what Paul Ryan was able to do 😉... there are similar laws in place in Arizona, California,  Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and Utah 😉
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2015, 10:30:10 AM »

If you recall that Paul Ryan ran both for his congressional seat and the Vice Presidency in 2012, so there's no law in Wisconsin, (LBJ law) preventing a candidate from running in two federal elections, so
Feingold can do what Paul Ryan was able to do 😉... there are similar laws in place in Arizona, California,  Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and Utah 😉
Nice.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2015, 06:16:42 PM »

Thanks...no queries on why so many states allow "dual mandate"?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2015, 10:24:45 PM »

To answer the Feingold question, I'm honestly not sure.

July 1, 2003 - Taylor to make second white house run

IOWA CITY, IA - Businessman Morry Taylor, a 1996 Republican Presidential Hopeful, announced his second white house run during an interview with Bloomberg Television. "I know this is a long shot bid, but I think we need someone talking about fair trade and less regulation, we need someone who will be a champion of the middle class" Taylor stated.

August 10, 2003 - GOP Candidates make pitch at Ames, Iowa Straw Poll

"This election is the first election in a new world. Let me be very clear. The next President of the United States has to be committed to protecting our borders, engaging with our allies, and investing in stronger human intelligence gathering capabilities. I was there when we rebuilt our military during the 1980s. I am the best prepared to ensure our country is protected. This is not a time for on the job training, it's a time for experienced leadership. Let me also say this, the President has done nothing to prevent Saddam Hussein from acquiring weapons, I will place sanctions on Iraq and will consider the use of force as a last resort. While we fight to defend our country overseas, I find it important we defend our values here at home. As President, I will fight for a human life amendment and a traditional marriage amendment to our constitution. I will appoint strict constructionist judges to our benches. My friends, these are serious times, and they demand a serious President." - Dan Quayle

"I believe that as a Prosecutor and as Mayor of the city with one of the largest economies in the world, I have an understanding of how to balance budgets, protect the American people, and how to lead. My agenda for this country will help protect our homeland and promote economic growth. I want to make sure that our FBI has even more tools to conduct searches and communicate with other law enforcement agencies. I will send more troops into Afghanistan as recommended by several top generals. Under a Giuliani administration, regime change will become a reality in Iraq and Libya. Here at home, I have a three point economic plan. First, a tax cut - we'll reduce marginal tax rates by 30%, eliminate the marriage penalty, increase the standard deduction by 15%, cut the corporate tax rate from 35% to 25%, and cut capital gains taxes by 25% across the board. Second, we will reverse every single regulation implemented under Presidents Gore and Clinton. Then, we will double the number of free trade agreements so we can compete in a global economy. Our country demands that we meet the challenges of our time, and I am confident I have the skills to do just that" - Rudy Giuliani 

"Many in our party believe that if we move a bit closer to the political center, if we begin to adopt the Democrats policies, we will win. I think we learned in 2000 and 1996 that isn't the case. I am running for President because I want to protect the sanctity of human life, abolish the Department of Education, eliminate the federal income tax, and ensure that we defeat our enemies by having a strategy to do so. I'm running as an unapologetic social and fiscal conservative. My opponents can't make that same claim. Governor Bush and Speaker Gingrich oppose elimination of the Department of Education and both support keeping the Department of Energy. Mayor Giuliani believes we Republicans should abandon the idea of having candidates and leaders who are pro-life, respect the second amendment, and support traditional marriage. If we are going to win, we need to make the moral case for our election. By conceding what we stand for and giving in to the secular left, we won't just lose in 2004, we will lose as a national party" - Alan Keyes

"I am very proud of my record, the record of the American people, during my years as House Speaker. Working together, we reduced taxes, balanced the budget, reformed welfare, reformed medicare, and reduced the size of the federal government. Our work is not yet done. Today, our economy is in recession, and our world is in turmoil. I believe that the American people want their next President to have the policy knowledge to fix these complex problems. I have put forth a series of reform proposals, all of which are available at Newt2004.org. But, let me bring up a few of my reforms. First, we need to reform how we tax. I believe that a 15% flat income tax without deductions other than for health care, education, and charity would save the American people money and time. We would accompany this with a 25% corporate tax rate and a capital gains tax rate of just 5%. I also believe we need to embrace natural gasoline and off-shore drilling, we shouldn't be subsidizing it, but we should get government out of the way. We have to end our dependence on foreign sources of energy. We also have to fix our broken immigration system by securing our border and having a pathway to legalized status but not citizenship. Campaigns are about choices, and while we offer greater economic freedom, our opponents offer more government. That is an extremely fundamental choice for Americans" - Newt Gingrich

"People deserve to know my record and where I want to take this great nation of ours. In the state of Texas, I fought for billions in tax cuts, for a patient's bill of rights, for higher standards and choice in education, and for policies to help combat drug abuse in our schools. I've held the line on state spending while still investing in our schools, police, and roads. I want to take the experience I have leading one of our largest states and apply it to changing Washington. I want to cut taxes for everyone because as government runs a surplus, some of the money should be passed back to the folks who pay the bills. I want to rebuild our military, I think we ought to increase it's size by 50,000 and double our investment in human intelligence gathering. I want us to succeed in Afghanistan by sending in more troops and engaging with our allies while training a new government to care for their own security. I want to add a prescription drug benefit for seniors under medicare because the cost of prescription drugs is up by 25% since the year 1998. I want to raise educational standards and call for greater choice so parent's can make decisions, teacher's can teach, and students can learn. I want to work to preserve and protect social security and medicare by raising the retirement age of social security and allowing people to invest in private accounts. We'll give states greater flexibility over medicare for potential savings as well. My vision for the country is based upon a compassionate conservative philosophy" - George W. Bush

"Unlike the other folks running for President, I've helped create jobs directly. The reason we are in recession and losing manufacturing jobs today is because with the Democrats in charge for the last twelve years and some Republicans enabling them, we have allowed our jobs to be sent overseas because we have trade deals that put us at a disadvantage because of all the rules and regulations our government imposes. I think it's time we reversed NAFTA, reversed other trade agreements that have no protections for U.S. product patents and our workers, and let's roll back the regulations of the last three administrations so we can compete in a global economy again. We also have to cut taxes - I think we should phase out the payroll tax and fund our safety net programs within the normal budget process, we should eliminate the duplicate layers of government to do so. In businesses, when something doesn't work, you change course. That never happens in government. I want to bring common sense to Washington. I want to rebuild our manufacturing base and our middle class. Unfortunately, the folks in Washington think this recession will end on it's own, it won't end for millions of Americans until we get rid of the regulatory state and trade deals that harm our economy" - Morry Taylor
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2015, 04:22:18 PM »

Mayor Rudy Guiliani/Rep. John Kasich sounds like a strong ticket. Is Kasich still Chair of the Finance Committee since he didn't retire in 2000?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2015, 09:16:14 PM »

Mayor Rudy Guiliani/Rep. John Kasich sounds like a strong ticket. Is Kasich still Chair of the Finance Committee since he didn't retire in 2000?

Yes he is.

September 1, 2003 - Braun running for President

CHICAGO, IL - Pledging to stay the course in Afghanistan, create a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants, provide health care to all low-income Americans, to balance the budget without a middle-class tax increase, and to increasing aid for pell grants and towards k-12 education, Vice President Carol Moseley Braun announced her intention to seek the 2004 Democratic Presidential Nomination.

October 5, 2003 - Democrats participate in New Hampshire Debate

"The American people, now more than ever, deserve a President who is experienced, competent, and who will unite our country. During the course of the last five years, President Gore and I have led during good times, tragic times, peaceful times, and times of war. We have led our country during a time of prosperity, through recession, and now back into recovery. I'm proud of the fact that we balanced the budget, reformed medicare, and that we are doing what is necessary to keep us safe. We toppled a regime that murdered Americans and we are succeeding in our mission in Afghanistan. But our work is far from over. We have to ensure that Americans are able to afford health care, send their kids to college, and live in safe communities. We have to ensure that our country is protected, our military is well-equipped, and that we strengthen our alliances with Israel, Asia, Latin America, and our European partners. We need a President who is ready to lead us from a time of challenge to better times, and I'm confident I can be that person" - Carol Moseley Braun

"I am confident that the President and the Vice President are doing what is necessary for us to succeed in Afghanistan. In the United States Senate, I've been an advocate for their foreign policy. You won't hear any areas of disagreement between the Vice President and I in our foreign policy, but I do depart from this administration on the economy. I am deeply concerned by the gap between rich and poor in this country, the gap is real, and the Vice President has done too little in my opinion about it. So, I've put forth a plan to close the gap. We ask the wealthiest in our society, those earning above $1 million, to pay a 42% tax rate. We use that money and put it towards investing in job training, health care for those who lack it today, and into our community colleges to make them tuition-free. We can also use that money to strengthen and expand social security for the working poor and to give a tax cut to those earning below $50,000 per year. We also have to raise the federal minimum wage and repeal NAFTA. It's time to elect a President who will stand with working families" - Tom Harkin

"As Democratic House Leader, I'm proud to have pushed for President Gore's agenda here at home and abroad. I worked with the President on legislation to create tax credits for alternative energy, I fought for bi-partisan medicare reform that has given seniors more options, and I worked with Newt Gingrich and the President to balance the federal budget. But I'm also not afraid to stand alone. I stood alone against the Reagan budgets that cut funding for housing for the poor and raised medicare premiums by 10%. I stood alone against NAFTA that has shipped jobs overseas. I stood alone against the mortgage tax deduction enjoyed by the wealthy and supported by their lobbyists. This country needs a President who will revive our economy not just in the sectors that have lost jobs in this recession, but in manufacturing and other sectors which have been losing jobs since the 1980s. I want to reverse NAFTA, raise our minimum wage, provide health care to every single American, and support ending our dependence on foreign energy once and for all. If I'm elected President, I'll take on the special interests and win" - Dick Gephardt

"I am very proud of the fact that I have stood with Senator John McCain for over five years now in support of reforming our nation's campaign finance system. We have to have more disclosure of who is donating to our candidates and we should have an optional public financing system in place so we can get money out of politics. Once we do that, we can fight to get guns off our streets, we can ban tobacco ads from cable television stations, we can stop subsidizing big oil, and we can return more power to the American people. I'm running for President of the United States because I think campaign finance reform is that important and no one else is even talking about it. We have to stop the special interests from controlling our government, we have to stop these corporate donors and corporate lobbyists from controlling congress, and I actually support the bi-partisian idea of term limits for members of congress. If you are ready to change our campaign finance system, I'm your candidate" - Russ Feingold

"A lot of us up here have experience in Washington D.C. I think my experience is unique in that I have a bi-partisan record I'm willing to match up against anyone else. I reformed the tax code with President Reagan and both parties - we lowered tax rates, we broadened the tax base, and we brought more equity to the tax system. I fought for the Brady Bill and we won. I was a leader in the fight for more funding for AMTRAK, I fought against the farm bills and forced them to be watered down. I believe now is the time to provide health care to every American, close the gun-show loophole, reform our campaign finance system as Russ Feingold has suggested, appoint judges who will protect a woman's right to choose, and I'll ensure that we do succeed in Afghanistan. I think I have a record of working with both parties to give more people what they deserve - a government that works for them and a chance at the American dream. That's exactly what I plan on fighting for as President of the United States - Bill Bradley

November 17, 2003 - Poll: Bush, Giuliani, Braun lead

GOP Nomination
George W. Bush 33%
Rudy Giuliani 30%
Newt Gingrich 18%
Dan Quayle 14%
Morry Taylor 3%
Alan Keyes 1%
Other 1%

Democratic Nomination
Carol Moseley Braun 44%
Dick Gephardt 20%
Bill Bradley 19%
Russ Feingold 10%
Tom Harkin 6%
Other 1%

December 15, 2003 - Endorsement list

Carol Moseley Braun
Al Gore, President of the United States
Tom Daschle, U.S. Senate Majority Leader
Jeanne Shaheen, Former Governor of New Hampshire
Madeline Albright, Former U.S. Secretary of State
Tom Vilsack, Governor of Iowa
Dick Durbin, U.S. Senator from Illinois
Walter Mondale, Former U.S. Vice President
Mark Warner, Governor of Virginia
Entire Democratic Congressional Delegations of Illinois, California, and Florida

Dick Gephardt
Nancy Pelosi, House Minority Whip
John Edwards, U.S. Senator from North Carolina
Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida
Entire Democratic Congressional Delegation of Missouri
Gary Hart, Former U.S. Senator from Colorado

Bill Bradley
Howard Dean, Governor of Vermont
Jim Florio, Former Governor of New Jersey
Frank Lautenberg, U.S. Senator from New Jersey
Robert Torcelli, U.S. Senator from New Jersey
Robert F. Kennedy Jr, Environmentalist
Entire Democratic Congressional Delegations of New Jersey and Pennsylvania

Russ Feingold
Jim Doyle, Governor of Wisconsin
Jesse Ventura, Former Governor of Minnesota

Tom Harkin
Evan Bayh, U.S. Senator from Indiana

George W. Bush
George Bush, 41st President of the United States
Barbara Bush, Former First Lady of the United States
James Baker, Former U.S Secretary of State
Jeb Bush, Governor of Florida
Mel Martinez, U.S. Senator from Florida
Phil Gramm, Former U.S. Senator from Texas
Jon Cornyn, U.S. Senator from Texas
George Shultz, Former U.S. Secretary of State
Kay Bailey Hutchison, U.S. Senator from Texas
Chuck Grassley, U.S. Senator from Iowa
Judd Gregg, U.S. Senator from New Hampshire
Dick Cheney, Former U.S. Secretary of Defense
William P. Barr, Former U.S. Attorney General
Bill Frist, U.S. Senate Majority Leader
Tom Kean, Former Governor of New Jersey
Jim Talent, U.S. Senator from Missouri
Bob Dole, Former U.S. Senator and 1996 Republican Presidential Nominee
Elizabeth Dole, Former U.S. Secretary of Transportation
J.C. Watts, Congressman from Oklahoma
George Pataki, Governor of New York
John Boehner, Congressman from Ohio and 2000 Republican Vice Presidential Nominee

Rudy Giuliani
Tom Ridge, Governor of Pennsylvania
John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona
Mitt Romney, Governor of Massachusetts
Lindsey Graham, U.S. Senator from South Carolina
John Ashcroft, U.S. Senator from Missouri
Tommy Thompson, Former Governor of Wisconsin
Mike Castle, Congressman from Delaware
Lamar Alexander, U.S. Senator from Tennessee and 2000 Republican Presidential Nominee
Peter King, Congressman from New York

Dan Quayle
John Sununu, Former Chief of Staff to President George Bush
Dick Lugar, U.S. Senator from Indiana
Dan Coats, Former U.S. Senator from Indiana
George Allen, U.S. Senator from Virginia
The entire Indiana Republican Congressional Delegation

Newt Gingrich
John Kasich, Congressman from Ohio
Rick Santorum, U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania
Jon Kyl, U.S. Senator from Arizona
The entire Republican Congressional Delegation from Georgia

Morry Taylor
Pat Buchanan, 1996 Republican Presidential Candidate
Steve King, Congressman from Iowa

Alan Keyes
Tom Tancredo, Congressman from Colorado

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2015, 10:49:11 AM »

January 8, 2004 - Polling: Bush strong nationally, Giuliani surging in New Hampshire, Braun the front-runner

WASHINGTON, DC - Polling weeks before Republicans and Democrats begin voting in presidential primaries shows Governor George W. Bush, Republican of Texas, and Vice President Carol Moseley Braun, Democrat of Illinois, as their party's presidential front-runners. 36% of Republicans back Bush as 51% of Democrats back Braun. Bush, considered a center-right Republican, faces challengers from his party's moderate and conservative wings. While Bush leads in most state polls, Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani, who polls in second nationally, has seen a surge in New Hampshire - he was 3 points ahead of Bush in the Granite State on January 1, and now leads Bush 38%-31% there. Giuliani's campaign has been reaching out to independent voters in hopes of winning New Hampshire. The Bush campaign, seeking to run a national campaign, is courting the conservative base in New Hampshire and nationally to counter Giuliani's popularity with moderates. But Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Former Vice President Dan Quayle are courting the same voters as Bush. Polling shows Gingrich in a distant third and Quayle in an even more distant fourth. Quayle, who won Iowa's Republican Caucuses in 2000, is again focusing heavily on the state. For his part, Gingrich is running a grassroots campaign hoping to win South Carolina and Michigan. On the Democratic side, the Braun campaign has courted all elements of the Democratic Party. Her two strongest challengers - House Democratic Leader Dick Gephardt and Former U.S. Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, are trying to court the party's liberal base. Bradley is also reaching out to independents in New Hampshire in hopes of a win there. Braun still leads the field in Iowa and New Hampshire by double digits, though Bill Bradley went from third place in New Hampshire to second in recent weeks.

January 24, 2004 - Iowa Caucus: Bush, Braun win as Harkin withdrawals

DES MOINES, IA - Governor George W. Bush of Texas won Iowa's Republican Presidential Caucus, garnering 40% of the vote ahead of Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who won just 25% of the vote. Former Vice President Dan Quayle, who won the caucus in 2000, and Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani, won 19% and 10% respectively. On the Democratic side, Vice President Carol Moseley Braun won Iowa's Democratic caucus, defeating Iowa Senator Tom Harking 50%-30%. Harkin withdrew from the presidential campaign.

February 2, 2004 - New Hampshire Primary: Giuliani beats Bush, Braun wins decisive victory, Feingold withdrawals and endorses Bradley

CONCORD, NH - Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani defeated Governor of Texas George W. Bush in New Hampshire's Republican Presidential Primary, 37%-30%. On the Democratic side, Vice President Carol Moseley Braun defeated opponents Bill Bradley and Richard Gephardt 50%-25%-18% respectively. Wisconsin Senator Russ Feingold ended his presidential bid and endorsed fellow candidate Bill Bradley, arguing Bradley was the candidate who could unite the party behind campaign finance reform.

February 4, 2004 - Quayle goes negative in South Carolina against Bush

CHARLESTON, SC - Former Vice President Dan Quayle, who spent much of the presidential primary season silent on the topic of George W. Bush, the son of the President he served under, changed strategy going into South Carolina's Republican Presidential Primary. "Governor Bush wants to keep the current tax code, increase the role of the federal government in education, and he's said he'd consider picking a pro-choice running-mate, my friends, we need a conservative representing our party, not an establishment moderate" Quayle said of Bush.

February 5, 2004 - GOP candidates go negative in debate

CHARLESTON, SC - The six Republicans running for President began to go negative against each other in a debate ahead of South Carolina's Republican Presidential Primary. Governor George W. Bush of Texas and Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich took the most heat from their opponents. Dan Quayle, Former Vice President of the United States, continued to attack Bush as "moderate." "My tax plan scraps the tax code, I want to eliminate the Department of Education, and you can count on me to pick a pro-life running-mate, Governor Bush disagrees with those positions" Quayle said of Bush, the Texas Governor. Quayle also attacked Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich. "The Speaker has supported government intervention into the health care market, he supported another unfunded, federal mandate. Republicans need a nominee who will stand up for free markets" Quayle said. Both Bush and Gingrich shrugged off Quayle's attacks, with Bush calling Quayle "desperate to win." When asked to contrast himself with Bush, Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani said that he had a better chance of victory. "I wasn't Governor of Texas, I was Mayor of one of the most liberal cities in America and I cut taxes, restrained spending, and reduced crime" Giuliani stated. Governor Bush hit right back. "I am pro-life, I support the second amendment, and I supported George Pataki in 1994" Bush said in response to Giuliani. Candidates Morry Taylor and Alan Keyes attacked George W. Bush and Rudy Giuliani as too moderate, with Taylor also saying that "On trade, there are no differences between Governor Bush and the current President."
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2015, 08:59:17 PM »

February 7, 2004 - South Carolina Primary: Bush, Braun win decisive victories

COLUMBIA, SC - Governor George W. Bush of Texas won South Carolina's Republican Presidential Primary by a solid margin, defeating second place finisher Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich 49%-29%. Democrats voted overwhelmingly for Vice President Carol Moseley Braun, who defeated Dick Gephardt 42%-31%.

February 10, 2004 - Michigan Primary: Giuliani upsets Bush, Braun wins, Gephardt withdrawals

DETRIOT, MI - Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani won a surprise victory in Michigan's Republican Presidential Primary, defeating Governor of Texas George W. Bush 35%-34%. Dan Quayle's presidential campaign had hoped to win Michigan, but the Former Vice President placed third with just 18% of the vote. On the Democratic side, Vice President Carol Moseley Braun defeated opponents Dick Gephardt and Bill Bradley 50%-27%-22% respectively. House Democratic Leader Dick Gephardt announced his exit from the presidential race.

February 17, 2004 - Super Tuesday: 15 contests; Bush wins 8, Giuliani wins 4, Gingrich wins 2, Quayle wins 1 as Braun wins 12, Bradley wins 2

Illinois
GOP - Giuliani 35% Bush 30% Quayle 20% Gingrich 8%
DEM - Braun 77% Bradley 21%

Georgia
GOP - Gingrich 45% Bush 30% Giuliani 18% Quayle 5%
DEM - Braun 67% Bradley 32%

Tennessee
GOP - Bush 48% Quayle 20% Gingrich 19% Giuliani 10%
DEM - Braun 74% Bradley 25%

New York
GOP - Giuliani 60% Bush 25% Gingrich 8% Quayle 8%
DEM - Bradley 53% Braun 46%

New Jersey
GOP - Giuliani 40% Bush 33% Gingrich 15% Quayle 7%
DEM - Bradley 71% Braun 26%

Ohio
GOP - Bush 40% Giuliani 38% Quayle 12% Gingrich 5%
DEM - Braun 60% Bradley 39%

North Dakota
GOP - Quayle 35% Bush 34% Gingrich 20% Giuliani 7%
DEM - Braun 81% Bradley 18%

Missuori
GOP - Bush 42% Giuliani 30% Gingrich 12% Quayle 10%
DEM - Braun 50% Bradley 48%

Delaware
GOP - Giuliani 55% Bush 20% Gingrich 15% Quayle 6%
DEM - Braun 49.5% Bradley 49.4%

Alabama
GOP - Gingrich 45% Bush 40% Quayle 6% Giuliani 4%
DEM - Braun 64% Bradley 35%

Maine
GOP - Bush 35% Giuliani 33% Gingrich 20% Quayle 7%
DEM - Braun 55% Bradley 44%

Utah
GOP - Bush 60% Giuliani 20% Keyes 10% Quayle 7%
DEM - Braun 69% Bradley 30%

West Virginia
GOP - Bush 62% Giuliani 25% Taylor 6% Quayle 4%
DEM - Braun 66% Bradley 33%

Alaska
GOP - Bush 40% Giuliani 39% Quayle 12% Gingrich 4%
DEM - Braun 67% Bradley 32%

Colorado
GOP - Bush 55% Giuliani 30% Quayle 6% Gingrich 5%
DEM - Braun 54% Bradley 45%

February 18, 2004 - Taylor withdrawals from Presidential Race, endorses Bush

LEBANON, OH - Businessman Morry Taylor announced he would end his 2004 presidential campaign and support Governor George W. Bush of Texas for President, calling Bush the "jobs President" the country needs.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2015, 04:27:53 PM »

February 20, 2004 - Gingrich ends presidential bid

WASHINGTON, DC - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich announced he would end his 2004 Presidential Campaign after lagging behind Governor George W. Bush of Texas and Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani of New York in terms of votes and delegates. Gingrich pledged to "support the Republican Nominee for President" and said he would remain active in politics.

February 23, 2004 - Oaklahoma, Massachusetts, Wisconsin vote, Keyes withdrawals

MADISON, WI - Vice President Carol Moseley Braun defeated Former U.S. Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey in presidential contests in Oklahoma, Massachusetts, and Wisconsin. While she won by double-digits in Oklahoma, she won Wisconsin 54%-45% and Massachusetts 49%-48%. On the Republican side, Governor George W. Bush of Texas defeated Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani 60%-28% in Oklahoma as Giuliani beat Bush 41%-38% in Massachusetts and 38%-36% in Wisconsin. Former Ambassador Alan Keyes exited the presidential race.

February 25, 2004 - GOP candidates debate ahead of contests in California, Florida, and Minnesota

"There are two major areas where I differ from Governor Bush and Vice President Quayle. One, I was not elected Governor of one of the most Republican states in the country, nor did I serve as a legislator from a very red state. I have served two terms as Mayor of one of America's most liberal cities and I brought both parties together to cut taxes, restrain spending, and enforce our laws and create an environment where we took on all crimes and reduced crime by 60%. The unemployment rate in my city and welfare rolls fell by half. I can win the general election with my message of lower taxes, fiscal discipline, and protecting our country. Secondly, I'm the one person on this stage who has experience both as an executive and in law enforcement, those skills are needed now more than ever" - Rudy Giuliani

"What distinguishes me from others running for President is that I'm not a Washington insider like Carol Moseley Braun. I've served as Governor of Texas. I've cut taxes, made changes that helped reduce juvenile crime, we reformed our court system to end junk lawsuits, we passed a patient's bill of rights, and education in my state has improved because of greater choice and robust accountability. I'm running for President because I want to get things done in Washington. I want to pass the largest tax relief in more than a generation, I want to expand free trade, I want to preserve social security and medicare through bi-partisian reform, I want to raise standards and expand choice in education, I want to get our veterans the best health care possible, and I want to win this war and defeat the enemy by enhancing communication between law enforcement and investing in human intelligence and rebuilding our military. That's the difference, I can get things done" - George W. Bush

"Both of my opponents support federal involvement in education, both refuse to commit to choosing a pro-life running-mate, both refuse to commit to appointing pro-life judges, and both have tax plans that keep the current tax code. I want to fight for a flat tax, an end to the Department of Education, conservative judges, and I'll have a pro-life running-mate. Furthermore, I have the foreign policy experience this country needs during a time of war. I know Afghanistan well, I know Iraq well, I know the middle east. We need clarity in a time of uncertainty. President Gore has not shown such clarity, and Governor Bush has praised the current President's strategy. I think we need to stay the course in Afghanistan, the administration has a political timeline for reducing troop levels. It's about conviction, it's about experience, that's the difference" - Dan Quayle

"I have been very clear in terms of what I want to do in the middle east. I've said that I supported President Gore calling for the mission in Afghanistan, I support the President's plan to topple the Taliban, and I believe the President is right to try and engage our allies. But I have also said that I want to spend time not only helping a new government building infrastructure and schools, I want to train the Afghanis to care for their own security. I don't support a specific timetable for reducing troop levels, but I do support having an approximate deadline as to when the Afghanis are trained to begin caring for their own security. Here at home, I want to make it easier for law enforcement to obtain a warrant to search the homes of those who wish us harm, but we will do so in a way that respects the constitutional rights of Americans. I want to allow our law enforcement agencies to communicate with one another as well." - George W. Bush

"Governor Bush and I agree on Afghanistan. I would also seek to train the Afghanis and I disagree with the President making the decision to announce a timeline for troop reductions. But I want to also bring up something Governor Bush touched on, and that is Iraq. There is a debate in congress about what the United States should do as to Saddam Hussein since he has not complied with U.N. inspectors since 1998. I have said that I believe the military option should not be off the table, but that we can place sanctions not only on Iraq, but on those who do business with Iraq. That is a strong first step, a second step is to have special forces surround the country. But I think in the end, we need to do everything we can to disarm Saddam Hussein" - Rudy Giuliani

"When Republicans go to the polls, they should know that on most of the national security issues facing our country, the three of us aren't that different. However, I have by far the most experience of anyone running for President on national security. I was Vice President of the United States as the cold war ended and as we went into Kuwait. I know Russia, I know the middle east, and I know Saddam Hussein and let me tell you this, if I'm elected President, we will disarm Saddam Hussein. The differences between the three of us are mainly on economic and social issues. My friend Rudy Giuliani is pro-choice, supports gun control, supports same-sex marriage, and has opposed tax cuts. My friend the Governor supports the current tax code, he supports having a Department of Education, and he actually proposed millions in higher taxes during his time as Governor of Texas as part of his 1998 budget, and he has since raised fees $250 million. During my time in congress and as Vice President, I won a reputation for being a consistent conservative, and that's exactly how I will lead" - Dan Quayle
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2015, 11:26:11 PM »

February 27, 2004 - Florida, Minnesota, California vote

MIAMI BEACH, FL - Governor George W. Bush of Texas won Florida's Republican Presidential Primary, defeating Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani and Former Vice President Dan Quayle 55%-30%-12% in the state his brother Governs. In California, Bush defeated Giuliani and Quayle 40%-30%-19% respectively. In Minnesota, Rudy Giuliani defeated Bush and Quayle 34%-32%-30% respectively. Vice President Carol Moseley Braun defeated opponent Bill Bradley in all three contests, though Bradley came within five points of victory in California despite polls showing Braun 10-15 points ahead.

March 1, 2004 - Quayle ends presidential bid, endorses George W. Bush

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - Former Vice President Dan Quayle announced he would end his 2004 presidential bid and support fellow candidate Governor George W. Bush. "George W. Bush is our best hope to cut taxes, empower parents and local communities, protect human life, and defend our country during a time of great international challenge" Quayle said of Bush at a press conference, where he was joined by his wife and both Governor Bush and Mrs. Bush.

March 4, 2004 - Giuliani cites experience, electability, pledges to stay in presidential race through May

SILVER SPRINGS, MD - Former Mayor of New York City and GOP Presidential Hopeful Rudy Giuliani told CBS News he intended to remain in the presidential race through at least contests in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, South Dakota, and New Mexico on May 10. Giuliani said that he had a "reasonable chance" at becoming the GOP nominee for President. "I am a bit behind at the moment, but if we get to May 10 and we are tied, which is possible, I then can go into May 23 and June 5 in a strong position to win" Giuliani stated. "I have more foreign policy experience than George W. Bush, I think I have a stronger record on economic growth, and I have been tested in elections and I have proven I can win Democrats and independents with a pro-growth message that also emphasizes that we need to protect our country" he added.

March 8, 2004 - Bradley withdrawals from Presidential Race

MONTCLAIR, NJ - Former U.S. Senator Bill Bradley, citing financial difficulties, announced he would end his bid for the 2004 Democratic Presidential Nomination. "Today, I end my campaign for the presidency, but I will continue to fight for the progressive values I have spent my entire career fighting for" Bradley stated.

Carol Moseley Braun secures Democratic Presidential Nomination

"The American people are ready for us to move into the next decade in a position of great confidence and unity as a country. Today, we have worked to secure the strongest economy in our country's history. But our work is far from finished. We have to invest in education, providing health care to all of our people, making college loans and pell grants more accessible to our brightest, yet poorest young people, and we have to ensure that we succeed in Afghanistan in a way that helps us leave that country with a democratic government and the kind of security that can help create long term peace. I have never been afraid of a fight, I've been fighting for change my entire life. The stakes for America are enormous in this election. This election is about choosing between middle class and working families and the well to do. It's about special interests versus your interests. I want to unite this country behind a vision that ensures our prosperity reaches every corner of our country" - Carol Moseley Braun, Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee

March 15, 2004 - GOP officials start calling on Giuliani to end Presidential bid following three consecutive polls showing George W. Bush ahead by double-digits

WASHINGTON, DC - Republicans across the country began calling on Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani to end his 2004 presidential campaign. The calls came following three polls released showing George W. Bush leading Giuliani by double-digits; the average was 59% for Bush and 39% for Giuliani. "Mayor Giuliani needs to end his campaign so we can begin the general election. We have to unite our party" stated New York Governor George Pataki, a George W. Bush supporter. Three of Giuliani's top ten campaign donors announced they would support George W. Bush as well. Additionally, Governor of Mississippi and Former RNC Chairman Haley Barbour, who remained neutral during most of the primary process, said Giuliani should withdrawal. "Mayor Giuliani is a good man, a courageous man and a hero, but the primary electorate supports Governor Bush and Rudy should end his campaign and endorse the candidate who will be our nominee." Congressman Peter King of New York, a Giuliani campaign surrogate, said the Former Mayor should remain in the race. "Governor Bush is desperate and wants to force Rudy to end his campaign, Rudy is the more experienced candidate and he can win the general election, George W. Bush is untested and just because his last name is Bush, it doesn't mean he can win" King stated.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2015, 08:57:01 AM »

March 23, 2004 - Bush wins contests in Missouri, Oklahoma, as Giuliani wins Vermont, Pennsylvania

PHILADELPHIA, PA - Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani narrowly defeated Governor George W. Bush of Texas in Pennsylvania's GOP Presidential Primary. Giuliani defeated Bush 50%-49%. Republican voters in Vermont also supported Giuliani over Bush, 53%-46%. In Missouri, Republican voters voted to nominate Bush, who garnered 55% of the vote to Giuliani's 44%. In Oklahoma, Bush defeated Giuliani 68%-31%.

March 28, 2004 - Bush, Giuliani participate in Presidential debate ahead of contests in Mississippi, North Carolina, Indiana

"The American people are responding to my message of bringing the country together behind a positive agenda. My tax cut plan will reduce tax rates for everyone including small and medium-sized businesses - we cut income taxes, we reduce the capital gains tax, we eliminate the marriage penalty, we double the per-child deduction, and we reduce the payroll tax for working families. I also will work with congress to reform social security and medicare, expand health care access for our veterans, and raise standards in education and return power to states. I have also put forth a comprehensive strategy for victory in Afghanistan and to protect the homeland by allowing greater communication between our law enforcement and making it easier to obtain a warrant. We have to protect the homeland and we have to ensure that Washington taxes less so our economy can grow" - George W. Bush

"In New York City, I did cut taxes, restrain spending, and we reduced crime by 60%. We have to be able to demonstrate a record of producing and getting results. I have said in this campaign, my tax plan would reduce income tax rates by 35% across the board, we cut the corporate tax rate from 35% to 20%, we reduce the capital gains tax rate by half, and we eliminate the marriage penalty. Let's be clear though, I have proposed $2.5 trillion in spending reductions over the next decade. It comes from social security reform, reducing the size of the federal workforce by a quarter via attrition, block-granting programs, and we still increase funding for our military and our veterans. Governor Bush has not proposed reducing the size of the federal government and while the typical family saves $2,000 under his tax plan, they save $2,350 under mine" - Rudy Giuliani

"My friend keeps saying I can't win. When I ran for Governor of Texas in 1994, they said I couldn't win. I ran a positive, issues-oriented campaign, though I wasn't afraid to contrast my agenda with my opponent's record and agenda. We defied expectations and won. Americans are looking for leadership from outside of Washington D.C. to set a new tone in Washington D.C. I've brought Republicans and Democrats together to reduce taxes, raise the standards of schools, reduce juvenile crime, end junk lawsuits, and enact a bill of rights for patients. The Vice President is telling people that we should increase federal spending, increase taxes, increase the size and role of the federal government, and it's unclear what her foreign policy would be if elected President. I have been very clear that I intend to change the culture of Washington D.C. and reduce taxes on Americans while protecting this country and supporting our veterans, we win with a hopeful and optimistic message" - George W. Bush

"I believe I am in the best position to win the election for a few reasons. First of all, I wasn't elected Governor of Texas, I was elected Mayor of New York City, one of the most liberal cities in the country. I won the support of Republicans, Independents, and Democrats. I worked with Democrats on a daily basis to get things done. Secondly, I have not only led a city with a population larger than 39 states, I was also in the Reagan justice department, and I dealt with foreign policy issues on a regular basis. I have experience balancing budgets, dealing with the issues faced by law enforcement, and with foreign affairs. Third of all, Governor Bush has a host of policy proposals, but he has no plan to reduce the size of the federal government, no plan to deal with illegal immigration, no plan to deal with rising health care costs, and I have put forth specific plans on all of these important issues. My plan reduces the size of the federal government by a quarter via attrition, my plan on illegal immigration calls for border security, strengthening laws prosecuting employers who hire people illegally, and a path to legalized status. My health care plan calls for a $7,000 health care tax credit, allowing people to buy insurance across state lines, and allowing for private insurance pools for individuals and businesses to get a group rate and a larger federal tax credit. We can win this election, and I plan on doing that" - Rudy Giuliani
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2015, 11:40:54 PM »

April 2, 2004 - Bush wins Indiana, North Carolina, Mississippi

RALEIGH, NC - Governor of Texas George W. Bush won a trio of presidential primaries. In Indiana's Republican primary, Bush defeated opponent Rudy Giuliani 57%-42%, while he won North Carolina 55%-44% and Mississippi 66%-33%.

April 4, 2004 - Giuliani launches first attack ad against Bush

NEW YORK, NY - Rudy Giuliani's 2004 presidential campaign launched their first negative advertising of the 2004 Republican Presidential Primary. The ad, entitled "electability" questioned George W. Bush's ability to win a general election. The ad told viewers that Bush was a constitutionally weak Governor with no foreign policy experience. It also highlighted newspaper articles from the LA Times and New Hampshire Union-Leader calling Giuliani the "pro-growth, pro-military Republican who can win."

April 5, 2004 - Bush calls on Giuliani to take down negative ad, Giuliani refuses

LAS VEGAS, NV - Republican Presidential Hopeful George W. Bush called on opponent Rudy Giuliani to take down his most recent television ad attacking Bush as unelectable. "I am calling on Mayor Giuliani to stop this negative advertising that only serves to help the Vice President" Bush said. The Giuliani campaign responded that "Republicans have a choice" and said the ad would stay.

April 8, 2004 - Romney breaks with Giuliani, says he supports "Republican Nominee" George W. Bush

BOSTON, MA - Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney, who endorsed Rudy Giuliani for President in November 2007, announced at a press conference he would switch his support to Governor of Texas George W. Bush. "Republicans across the country have spoken. I supported Rudy Giuliani, an American hero and real leader for sure. But my fellow Republicans have made clear that they want George W. Bush as our nominee for President. The math for Mayor Giuliani isn't there, and so I endorse Republican Nominee for President George W. Bush in the general election" Romney said.

April 15, 2004 - Bush wins Nevada, Nebraska, and D.C.

OMAHA, NE - Governor of Texas George W. Bush won victories in presidential primaries in Nevada, Nebraska, and Washington D.C. He defeated Rudy Giuliani 61%-38% in Nevada, 65%-34% in Nebraska, and 50%-49% in Washington D.C.

April 25, 2004 - Giuliani withdrawals, touting lack of money

NEW YORK, NY - Despite pledging to remain in the race for the Republican Presidential Nomination through May 10, Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani ended his 2004 presidential campaign after his campaign accumulated over $50,000 in campaign debt. Giuliani said he would support George W. Bush in the general election.

George W. Bush becomes Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee

"Tonight is not a victory for me, it's not a victory for our party, tonight is a victory for unity in our country. Our party has come together behind a cause, a cause of reform, and a cause of changing the culture in Washington D.C. But now we take our message to the American people, a hopeful and optimistic message, a message of lifting people up. We move forward with an agenda of cutting taxes to broaden prosperity, saving social security and medicare for our seniors, supporting our veterans, raising standards and expanding choice in education, protecting the homeland, and securing victory in this war. Our hopeful and optimistic agenda will be challenged by our opponents who want to preserve a status-quo that leaves many out of the American dream, a status-quo of a time passed, and their agenda is one that divides Americans. We want to move our economy from recession to prosperity and our country from war to peace. We seek to help bridge the divide that exists between Republicans and Democrats and Independents. We seek to move this great nation forward with confidence and a sense of security both in terms of the economy and our personal security. I'm running for President because I know how to lead, and I will lead this country in these challenging times" - George W. Bush, Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee 
RedPrometheus

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2015, 06:10:11 AM »

I really like this timeline!
NickCT
Rookie
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2015, 01:46:40 PM »

Very interesting timeline - good read so far.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2015, 09:34:18 PM »

Very interesting timeline - good read so far.

Thank you all!

April 29, 2004 - First general election poll finds close race nationally, in swing states

WASHINGTON, DC - The Gallup Organization released it's first poll of the 2004 general election nationally and in key swing states. Nationally, Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee George W. Bush leads Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Carol Moseley Braun 47%-45%. In Ohio, Bush leads Braun 48%-44%, while he also leads her 49%-41% in Florida, 45%-44% in Pennsylvania, and 47%-46% in Iowa. However, Braun leads Bush 45%-44% in New Mexico, 45%-43% in New Hampshire, and the two are tied 45%-45% in Nevada and 44%-44% in Colorado.

May 20, 2004 - Bush names Quayle to lead Vice Presidential Search Committee, media continues to create speculation as to Republican Vice Presidential Nominee

AUSTIN, TX - Governor George W. Bush of Texas, Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee, announced that Former Vice President Dan Quayle would lead his vice presidential search committee. Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, U.S. Senator Judd Gregg of New Hampshire, Former Defense Secretary Dick Cheney, Former Governor of New Jersey Christie Todd Whitman, Governor of Pennsylvania Tom Ridge, Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Congressman J.C. Watts of Oklahoma, and U.S. Senator Bill Frist of Tennessee are all said to be on Bush's Vice Presidential list.

June 1, 2004 - Durbin to lead Braun's Vice Presidential search committee, several potential candidates for Vice President discussed in media

CHICAGO, IL - Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Carol Moseley Braun announced that U.S. Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois would lead her vice presidential search committee. Possible Braun running-mates include Former U.S. Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, Former U.S. Secretary of HUD Andrew Cuomo, House Democratic Leader Dick Gephardt, Governor of New Mexico Bill Richardson, U.S. Senator Bob Graham of Florida, U.S. Senator Bill Nelson of Florida, and Former Chief of Staff Leon Pannetta.

July 9, 2004 - SOURCES: Bush down to three potential running-mates, prepares for July 15 announcement in Pittsburg

AUSTIN, TX - Two sources close to George W. Bush's presidential campaign told CNN that The Texas Governor had narrowed down his vice presidential search to three individuals. The sources confirmed Bush was leaning towards selecting either Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani or Former Oklahoma Congressman J.C. Watts as his running-mate. The sources said that Bush believed that picking Giuliani would unite most elements of the Republican party while attracting independent voters. However, Bush also feared alienating social conservatives, as Giuliani is pro-choice. Bush believed that J.C. Watts, a social and fiscal conservative who also has a history of working with Democrats, could be the answer. But some close to Bush, including the Governor's brother, are urging Bush to consider selecting U.S. Senator Judd Gregg of New Hampshire, whose ideology is close to Bush's, as his running-mate. Gregg is considered a "safe" choice who has more experience in Washington D.C than Bush. The sources also said Bush planned to announce his running-mate in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on July 15.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2015, 11:18:03 PM »

Bush-Kasich or Bush-Giuliani is a lot stronger than Bush-Cheney was or Bush-Kasich would be this year.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2015, 06:21:53 PM »

July 15, 2004 - Giuliani selected as Bush's running-mate

PITTSBURG, PA - Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee George W. Bush announced that his former rival, Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani, would be his running-mate in the 2004 presidential election. "Rudy Giuliani was tested in the worst of crises and he has been a proven leader. He has the experience needed to lead our country during a time of great challenge, yet also great opportunity" Bush said of Giuliani.

August 1, 2004 - Braun taps Cuomo as running-mate

RALEIGH, NC - Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Carol Moseley Braun selected Former HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo as her running-mate in the 2004 election. "Andrew Cuomo is an innovative reformer who will help me lead our country to a day where prosperity is broadened" Braun said of her running-mate.

August 4, 2004 - Rudy Giuliani accepts Republican Vice Presidential Nomination

"Fellow citizens, George W. Bush and I don't ask you to vote against our opponents, we ask that you vote for us. Both of us have record of cutting taxes, taking on crime, fighting for policies that foster economic growth, and making sure our schools are second to none. We have a hopeful and optimistic agenda for our future. Our agenda calls for winning in the middle east and protecting our homeland, reducing taxes to stimulate economic growth, empowering parents and raising educational standards, lowering the cost of health care, and preserving and protecting medicare and social security for future generations. But as we propose an ambitious agenda, our opponents have a different view about the future of our country. Our opponents support more than $700 billion in new federal spending, having the government take over a larger portion of our health care system, implementing $40 billion in new economic regulations, and gutting welfare reform that the President signed into law with the support of both parties. The choice is between a hopeful optimistic vision for the future or failed ideas from the past" - Rudy Giuliani, Republican Vice Presidential Nominee

August 5, 2004 - George W. Bush accepts Republican Presidential Nomination

"During the course of the last eight years, Americans have been told that we can't bring Republicans and Democrats to cut taxes, improve our schools, reform social security and medicare, lower the cost of health care, and support our veterans. I'm here to set a new tone in Washington D.C., a new tone that says we can bring our nation together to ensure that we do what is best not for Washington bureaucrats and members of congress, but what can be done to improve the lives of all Americans. In Texas, I signed the largest tax cuts in history, reduced juvenile crime by a third, ended junk lawsuits, improved our schools with higher standards and more choices for parents, and I fought to ensure that welfare reform was enforced. I want to change the culture of Washington D.C. from one of gridlock to one of action. I ask my fellow citizens to please give me a chance to work with both parties to grow this economy, succeed in winning this war against radical islamic extremism, and helping to improve our schools while protecting the vulnerable, be it the unborn child or the elderly or disabled. These times demand a President with experience, judgement, and the ability to unite the country. I believe I have the capacity to lead us to better times, and I know Americans are hopeful about the future" - George W. Bush, Republican Presidential Nominee
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2015, 12:35:53 AM »

August 14, 2004 - Andrew Cuomo accepts Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

"Carol Moseley Braun and I want to lead our country in a way that appeals to our better nature. At home, we believe the job of lifting people out of poverty, closing the gap between rich and poor, and providing health care for more people is not just a political platform, it is our obligation as a society. We believe defeating our enemies and building a brighter future for Afghanistan is not just about talking points, it's about protecting our interests and doing what is right for America and the world. Carol Moseley Braun and I have a meaningful agenda for our country because we know Americans are ready to invest in America again. We want to provide health care to more people, improve our schools through standards that are updated and high, and we want to invest in improving our roads and bridges. Unfortunately, Governor Bush would rather spend the surplus on a tax cut for the well to do, he has no plan to deal with inner-city crime, no plan to deal with drugs in our rural communities, and no plan to deal with polluted waters in suburban communities. Carol Moseley Braun and I want to enable the American dream to be available to all who seek it, we need to renew and expand that dream" - Andrew Cuomo, Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee

August 15, 2004 - Carol Moseley Braun accepts Democratic Presidential Nomination

"I am proud of the fact that over the last eight years, the President and I have fought on a bi-partisan basis to cut taxes for working families, add police to our streets, support alternative energy research and development, reform medicare, and expand free trade. But we all know that today, too many Americans are unemployed or underemployed. Despite what my opponent tells you, I'm not running for Al Gore's third term. I'm running to invest in America again. We need to invest in health care, education, our infrastructure, and the environment. I want to invest in our military so we can secure victory in Afghanistan. I am confident this economy will grow again and we will secure peace in this world. But I am going to be straight with the American people. These times are not easy. Prosperity and peace are the result of good public policy. Experienced leadership and new policies are needed to get us there. My experience as Vice President and in the United States Senate prepares me for the task at hand. My opponent has been a weak Governor of a state where his party controls every branch of government. He has not had to make tough decisions, I have. He's not been tested in crisis, I have. He hasn't dealt with foreign policy, I have. My fellow citizens, I am ready to lead this country on day one, I promise you that. As President of the United States, I will work with congress and the American people to improve the quality of life for each and every American, I will have the highest of ethical standards, and I will lead us in a time of war and we will succeed in our mission. That is my promise to you" - Carol Moseley Braun, Democratic Presidential Nominee

August 23, 2004 - Poll: Bush leads by double-digits as economy worsens

National Election
George W. Bush 51%
Carol Moseley Braun 39%

August 27, 2004 - Bush campaign taps Romney to lead transition

AUSTIN, TX - Governor George W. Bush's presidential campaign announced that Governor Mitt Romney of Massachusetts would lead Bush's transition team if Bush won the 2004 election.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2015, 01:50:08 AM »

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2015, 09:09:11 PM »

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Very true

September 5, 2004 - Bush steps up attacks on Braun, Gore

CLEVELAND, OH - Despite polling showing him leading Vice President Carol Moseley Braun by double digits, Governor of Texas and Republican Presidential Nominee George W. Bush stepped up his attacks on his Democratic opponent and the President, Al Gore. "The President has failed to deliver tax relief to grow this economy, he's failed to deliver tort reform and allowing people to buy health care across state lines to help lower the cost of health insurance, he's failed to deliver on a plan to reform and save social security, and he's failed to put forth a comprehensive strategy to be successful in the middle east" Bush said of the incumbent President. "Carol Moseley Braun wants a third Gore term, she wants to increase spending by $700 billion, get the government more involved in health care, and she wants to raise taxes on businesses in America" Bush said of his opponent.

September 15, 2004 - Gore defends record, slams Bush

WASHINGTON, DC - President Al Gore defended his record as President of the United States and attacked Republican Presidential Nominee George W. Bush during a speech to the National Press Club in Washington D.C. "Since 1996, we've seen a reduction in the number of children lacking health insurance by 82%. Crime is half of what it was a decade ago. We have improved health outcomes in medicare. Our air and water are measurably cleaner today when compared to just five years ago. Our policies have solved generational problems, and I'm very proud of that" the President stated. "Governor Bush is attacking us for political points, I get that. He's exploiting a recession for political gain, and he's misleading voters about the Vice President's tax plan. I don't believe he has the experience to be President, so he has to deflect from his own record" Gore said of the Republican Presidential Nominee.

October 10, 2004 - Giuliani, Cuomo participate in Vice Presidential Debate

“The difference in this election is one of priorities. George W. Bush and I believe that the federal government should do a few things effectively, not more things like efficiently. We believe that it is the obligation of the next administration to reform and preserve social security and medicare, cut taxes, expand free trade, lower the cost of health care, raise the standards of education, and above all else, keep our country safe. On our website and during the course of the campaign, we have put forth specific proposals on these and other issues. Our priorities are revitalizing this economy, reforming those things that aren’t working today, and having a comprehensive strategy in the middle east. Our strategy invests in human intelligence, rebuilds our military, gives law enforcement the tools to keep us safe, and it requires that we train the Afghans to care for their own security going forward in addition to a continued U.S. commitment to defeat our enemies in the region. We do have a plan in the middle east, we do have a domestic agenda. Our opponents have a recycled agenda here at home and no strategy to succeed abroad” - Rudy Giuliani

“On a host of issues, the Carol Moseley Braun has worked with the Republicans in congress, and we will commit to working with members of both parties in a Braun administration. But let’s remember that when it came time to cover more Americans with health insurance, more than half of the Republicans in congress voted no. When it came time to add more police to our streets last year, half of the Republicans in congress voted no. When it came time to increase funding for job training, more than a third of Republicans voted no. Their agenda is not one that’s friendly to the middle class and working families. Carol Moseley Braun and I have a platform that will help all Americans, but especially those who aren’t powerful or wealthy. As far as Afghanistan is concerned, our strategy is to continue what the President has done - set up a civil society and try and engage our allies to help us succeed. Carol Moseley Braun and I will continue that strategy. Governor Bush and Mayor Giuliani supported the President’s strategy until they decided to run for office, Carol Moseley Braun and I want a foreign policy based on what’s in our national security interests, not on primary politics” - Andrew Cuomo

October 27, 2004 - Bush, Braun participate in final presidential debate

“Americans are looking for an optimistic leader, a hopeful vision, and someone who can go to Washington to get things done. In Texas, I worked with Republicans and Democrats to cut taxes, increase parental choice and raise standards in education, end junk lawsuits, reduce juvenile crime, reform welfare, and provide the best health care to our veterans. The unemployment rate nationally is 7.2%, in my state it’s 5.9%. We are one of two states in America to actually see job creation, not job loss, over the last year. This nation deserves a President who can lead us back to prosperity, a leader who has made decisions and can lead this country in a time of war, and I believe I have the capacity to unite the American people behind a reform agenda to help grow our economy and a peace through strength agenda to protect the homeland” - George W. Bush

“No one is denying these are difficult times for the American people. I think the fundamental question in this election is who is the best able to lift people out of poverty, close the gap between rich and poor, and succeed in this war. Governor Bush and I share a commitment to strengthening our military. But the truth is, my views on Afghanistan have been consistent, I didn’t change because of my run for President. I believe we have to set up a functioning civil society, we need to build alliances, and Governor, we are training to Afghans to care for their own security long term. Here at home, Governor Bush supports tax breaks for the rich and his party supports tax subsidies for big oil. I want to invest in health care for the poor, improving our roads and bridges, smaller class sizes and merit pay for teachers, stronger protections of our air and water, alternative energy, and paying down the national debt. I want all Americans to have the opportunities I have had to get ahead” - Carol Moseley Braun

“This election is about who has the capacity to lead our nation. I am not a career politician, I’m not a Washington politician. For the last 9 years, I’ve had the honor to serve as Governor of the great State of Texas. My state has seen an era of great prosperity. We’ve passed the two largest tax cuts in state history, ended junk lawsuits, enacted a patient’s bill of rights, reformed education through higher standards, comprehensive accountability, and expanded choice, and our state has cut juvenile crime by 38%. I’m very proud of my record of leadership. I want to go to Washington to change the culture there. We can reduce taxes, reduce the cost of health care, expand free trade, and end our dependence on foreign energy to create jobs and grow our economy again. We can have local control of our schools and expand choices for parents. We can save social security and medicare. We can keep our country safe by increasing our investment in human intelligence, giving our law enforcement the tools they need to keep us safe, and by having a strategy to succeed in the middle east. I’m a reformer, and I want to work with Republicans and Democrats to get things done. I humbly ask for your vote in this election” - George W. Bush

“Americans have an important choice to make. During my time in the United States Senate and during the last seven years as Vice President, I have always tried to be thoughtful and innovative in trying to solve problems. Be it medicare reform, tax cuts for working families, reducing crime by investing in our communities, or supporting energy alternatives, I believe we have come a long way towards building a brighter future in the last seven years. But we are a country at war and our economy is facing a time of great challenge. I have put forth a plan to grow our economy. We have to invest in education, health care, green technology, and in repairing our crumbling infrastructure. At the same time, we have to finish the job in Afghanistan. I know how to lead because I’ve stood with our President and I have led during the course of the last seven years. My opponent is a good man with good intentions, but his running-mate and him lack foreign policy experience, they changed their position on Afghanistan when they began running for office. My views are based on information I learn, not polls I read. I will be ready to lead this nation on day one, and that’s why I ask for your support in this election” - Carol Moseley Braun

November 5, 2004 - Bush wins, GOP keeps Congress

George W. Bush / Rudy Giuliani (R) 53% 300 EV
Carol Moseley Braun / Andrew Cuomo (D) 46% 238 EV
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2015, 11:52:55 PM »

November 27, 2004 - Bush taps brother for cabinet position

AUSTIN, TX - President-elect George W. Bush announced that his brother, Governor of Florida Jeb Bush, was his choice to lead the U.S. Department of Education. "No one in America has been more dedicated to education reform than Jeb Bush" the elder Bush said of his younger brother.

Key events of the George W. Bush administration, January 20, 2005 - December 31, 2006

- February 5, 2005 - President Bush announces a surge of 25,000 forces into Afghanistan. Bush said the additional troops would be used to "train the Afghans to care for their own security"
- May 1, 2005 - President Bush signs into law the "Tax Relief Act of 2005" which is the entirety of his tax cut plan. The plan, implemented at a cost of $1.2 trillion over eight years, gradually reduces income taxes by a third across-the-board, reduces the corporate tax rate from 35% to 28%, cuts the capital gains tax by a quarter across-the-board, phases out the marriage penalty, doubles the per-child tax credit, and eliminates taxes on estates below $6 million. However, as a compromise with congress, Bush doubled the time of implementation from four years to eight.
- July 27, 2005 - President Bush signs into law the Patriot Act, expanding law enforcement's ability to conduct "sneak and peak" warrants and centralizes communications between law enforcement agencies within the FBI
- November 18, 2005 - President Bush signs the Education Reform Act of 2005 into law. The new law, championed by Education Secretary Jeb Bush, block-grants education funding to state's to implement merit-pay for teachers while expanding vouchers for moderate and low-income families.
- January 25, 2006 - Congress gives President Bush the authority to increase the rate at which trade agreements are negotiated
- April 5, 2006 - President Bush signs the largest expansion in veteran's health benefits in history
- July 1, 2006 - President Bush vetoes legislation increasing the number of college pell grants in light of a projected $150 billion budget gap for FY2007
- December 2, 2006 - President Bush signs into law legislation enacting federal tort reform with caps on damages at $300,000 with exceptions. The legislation also allows people to buy health insurance across state lines.

January 10, 2007 - Jon Corzine to run for President

HOBOKEN, NJ - Governor of New Jersey Jon Corzine announced his bid for the 2008 Democratic Presidential Nomination. Corzine, who spent four years in the United States Senate and a year as New Jersey's Governor, promised to focus on investing more resources in higher education, universal health insurance coverage, and the environment if elected President.

February 15, 2007 - Warner running for President

RICHMOND, VA - Former Governor of Virginia Mark Warner announced his intention to run for President in 2008. Warner, who served as Virginia Governor from 2002-2006, touted his business career and record as a moderate Governor. Warner said if elected, he would focus on balancing the federal budget, upgrading infrastructure, energy independence, and debt reduction.

March 2, 2007 - Richardson seeking Democratic Presidential Nomination

SANTA FE, NM - Former U.S. Secretary of State Bill Richardson announced he would run for President in 2008. Richardson, who served in congress and as U.S. Secretary of Energy from 1997-1999, served as Al Gore's Secretary of State from March 1999 until his resignation in February 2002 when he announced his run for Governor of New Mexico. Richardson served as New Mexico's Governor from 2003-2007. Richardson said that ending the war in Afghanistan, rolling back the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy to pay down the national debt, support for free trade, social security reform, and passing comprehensive immigration reform would be issues he'd emphasize on the campaign trail.

March 15, 2007 - Dean to seek Presidency

BURLINGTON, VT - Former Governor of Vermont Howard Dean declared he would seek the Democratic Presidential Nomination in 2008. Dean, a physician, served as Governor of Vermont from 1991-2003 and as President of the University of Vermont from 2003-2006. Dean said that campaign finance reform, universal health care for all American children, comprehensive immigration reform, debt reduction, and an end to the war in Afghanistan would be top priorities of his if elected President.

April 5, 2007 - Gephardt running for President

ST. LOUIS, MO - Former Democratic House Leader Dick Gephardt, who ran for President in 1988 and 2004, announced his third presidential bid, arguing he was the best Democrat to challenge President Bush. Gephardt, who served in congress from 1977-2005 and as Democratic House Leader for a decade following six years as Majority Leader, said his focus was raising the minimum wage, affordable health care, affordable college, and an end to free trade agreements he argues are sending jobs overseas.

May 15, 2007 - Daschle to run for President

ABERDEEN, SD - Former U.S. Senator Tom Daschle announced he would be running for President in the 2008 election. A U.S. Senator from 1987-2005 following two terms in congress, Daschle emphasized energy independence, gun control, health care reform, and tax reform as major issues. Daschle also made the case that he had the best chance to win a general election.

June 5, 2007 - Kerry running for President

MANCHESTER, NH - U.S. Senator John Kerry (D-MA) announced he would run for President in 2008. A U.S. Senator since 1985 and Vietnam War veteran, Kerry said health care reform, increasing the number of police on America's streets, combating global warming, and reducing the national debt would be top presidential priorities.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2015, 12:42:12 AM »

How did the 2006 midterms go?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2015, 11:35:51 PM »

GOP kept both houses of congress.

August 1, 2007 - Democrats hold first debate in New Hampshire

"The election in 2008 has to be about leadership. Who will show leadership by succeeding in Afghanistan by training the Afghans to care for their own security, something the President promised Americans in 2004? Who will reform our campaign finance system to reduce the role of big money in our elections? Who will roll back the President's tax cuts for the wealthy and instead balance the budget, invest in education, and cut taxes for working families? I'm proud that as Democratic leader in the U.S. Senate, I fought for medicare reform, tax cuts, gun control, and raising our minimum wage. I took on tough fights and I won, with the help of the American people and in some cases, with the support of both Democrats and Republicans. I have the ability to lead, I have the experience to lead, and I will lead where George W. Bush has failed. But make no mistake about it, this election isn't simply about defeating President Bush and restoring a sense of the American dream for all. It's about setting ourselves up for future success. It's about ensuring that the income gap is closed, that all have equal opportunity, and that we are a more united people" - Tom Daschle

"The American people are looking for a President from outside of Washington, someone with a record of results who has the judgement to be President. My opponents supported George Bush's surge in Afghanistan when the President had no plan for victory, they supported his education reforms that have resulted in budget cuts for local districts, and they supported his health care plan as premiums are up 8% since 2005. I have opposed George Bush's agenda and I have my own record to run on. In Vermont, I provided health care to every child in our state, doubled funding for education, cut taxes on working families in half, and still balanced the state budget and left office with a $1.2 billion surplus. I want us to roll back the Bush tax cuts and instead provide health care for every American. I want to roll back corporate tax loopholes and pay down our national debt. I want to pass immigration reform that brings people out of the shadows while securing our border. The Washington politicians don't represent the values of the Democratic Party, I do" - Howard Dean

"I'm running for President because I want an agenda that protects the middle class and helps lift people out of poverty. My agenda will repeal the Bush tax cuts, provide health care to every single American, double the number of pell grants so our kids can afford a decent education, raise our minimum wage and index it to inflation, and I will strengthen our alliances to succeed in Afghanistan and restore our standing in the world. I'm proud of the fact that in congress, I led the fight against NAFTA and to raise our minimum wage. I fought for expanding health care access for more children. The fight now is to bridge the gap that is growing under this President between rich and poor. If we do the things I propose, that gap will be bridged. But we also have to win in 2008. I come from a Republican-leaning state, a state the President won 55% of the vote in in 2004. I will defeat George Bush because I have more experience than him, I better represent an agenda for the working people of this country." - Dick Gephardt

"When George W. Bush stands on that debate stage next fall, he will defend his foreign policy and economic record. Our response will be to criticize the President's record, and there is plenty to criticize. Income inequality is growing, the cost of health care continues to increase, our trade deficits have grown to historic highs in the last two years, and we aren't doing everything to train the Afghans despite his promising us he'd succeed in Afghanistan. We Democrats have to nominate someone with a plan to grow our economy, we have to nominate someone with foreign policy experience, and we need to nominate someone with a record of accomplishment. As Secretary of State, I helped strengthen our alliances with Israel and South America while working to reduce poverty globally and we built alliances in Latin America that enabled us to double the number of free trade agreements we entered into there. As Governor of New Mexico, I inherited a $450 million budget gap and left office with a $200 million surplus after cutting taxes, reforming welfare, and preserving more land than all but three Governors in the country. I have a record of getting things done and I'll use my experience to help us get things done in Washington" - Bill Richardson

"Many of my colleagues up here tonight have been in politics for a long time. My perspective is different. In the business world, I took risks and managed budgets and people. I have a strong understanding of how to create jobs while living up to the social responsibilities we all have to our community and nation. I then served four years as Virginia's Governor - I balanced the budget while cutting taxes and investing in our state's roads and education system. This election is not about the Democratic Party, though I am a proud Democrat and I will defend our values as the nominee of our party. This election is about shaking things up in Washington. It's about helping ordinary Americans get ahead, investing in our people, and ensuring government lives within it's means. We have to balance the budget and reduce the national debt, but we also have a duty to send money back to states for education, infrastructure improvements, and for the purpose of providing health care for all of our children. I'd cut corporate subsidies, I'd cap non-defense, non-veterans discretionary spending to 2% per year, and I'd cut back on tax relief for the top 2%. We can invest in our country and still reduce our spending and ensure that we broaden prosperity for all Americans" - Mark Warner

"We Democrats have a moral obligation to hold George Bush accountable for the failures of his administration. Four years ago, the President was critical of his opponent that she had no strategy in Afghanistan. The President told us he'd train the Afghans and would have specific goals in that process. There has been zero accountability and the Republicans refuse to call him out on it. The President said his health care plan would reduce health insurance premiums by a quarter in eight years, the projections are now that they will increase by 15% by that time. The President told us his tax cuts would pay for themselves, we have lost $120 billion in revenue every year since he's been President because of the tax cuts. I want to give people options in health care to create competition while covering every child in America and the very poor, we can pay for it by rolling back the President's tax cuts for the wealthy. I'll fight to succeed in Afghanistan by doing what this President promised, which is have some accountability and actually try to end this war safely and soon. Here at home, I think we need to invest in education - we need to have greater accountability and pay teachers more. We have to invest in our urban communities by adding 30,000 police to our streets by 2013 and in helping train those who lack the skills they need to get a decent job. I've led on tough foreign policy and health care issues in the United States Senate, and I will lead as President in a new direction" - John Kerry

"We hear candidates talk about the economy and foreign policy in this campaign, and I'm proud of the fact that I have put forth a vision in both areas. We Democrats are united on the need to provide every child in America with health insurance, on the need to have a strategy in Afghanistan, and yes we all agree that we should roll back the Bush tax cuts for the rich. But we also need to talk about how we deal with poverty, crime, and social unrest in this country. We have to stop sending people to prison for petty offenses, we have to raise our minimum wage, and we have to support housing vouchers for the very poor. We also have to re-train displaced workers, especially in the manufacturing sector. I am very concerned by the fact that 2 million more Americans live in poverty today than they did a decade ago. We also have to stand up for equal rights; equal pay for women, a woman's right to choose, and I am a supporter of marriage for same-sex couples, I'm proud that in New Jersey I have gone in that direction by supporting and signing into law a civil union law. I am a proud progressive, and I think a message of reducing poverty, criminal justice reform, and equality in the workplace and at home is a winning message. " - Jon Corzine

September 5, 2007 - President Bush announces re-election bid

"My fellow Americans, today I am announcing that I am a candidate for re-election as President of the United States. The last four years have been a time of great challenge, but we have risen to the challenge as Americans. I'm proud of the fact that our economy has grown. Today, welfare rolls are half of what they were just four years ago, we've seen the addition of 4.5 million jobs, we have passed the largest tax relief in a generation, we've increased the number of free trade agreements we've entered into from 8 to 14, the achievement gap in education is at a historic low, home ownership has risen steadily, and inflation is at it's lowest level in 50 years. As we have seen renewed prosperity here at home, we have become safer in this world. Violence in Afghanistan is down by 75%, more Afghans are caring for their own security, and we have a new democracy in the middle east. America has strengthened our alliances with Latin America, Israel, Japan, Germany, and England. We've cared for our veterans by implementing the largest expansion in veterans health care in America. While this success benefits us all, there is more work to be done. We have to work together to strengthen and reform social security, reduce our nation's debt, secure our southern border and pass comprehensive immigration reform, and we must pass a federal ban on the brutal practice of partial-birth abortion. I believe in the American people's ability to create change because I know Americans are hard working, optimistic, and loving of their family and their country. I would be honored to lead this nation for another four years" - President George W. Bush, re-election announcement

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2015, 11:53:48 AM »

November 5, 2007 - Insiders: Dean, Warner the only two "different" from the rest of the pack, Establishment divided

WASHINGTON, DC - Several sources close to Democratic Party power brokers told the Boston Globe that the challenge for Democrats going into the 2008 election season was finding "contrast" between the candidates. "The problem is, all of the candidates are critical of the President on Afghanistan and are saying the same thing. All oppose the Bush tax cuts, oppose the Bush education policy, support more funding for education, health care, and our infrastructure, so it's hard to find differences between these candidates" one source stated. However, another source said that candidates Howard Dean and Mark Warner stood out from the rest of the pack. "Dean is more specific on policy, and Warner stands alone as the candidate who is willing to not only propose more spending in the areas of education and health, but of also calling for new revenue to pay down the debt" another source said. But Democratic insiders agree, none of the candidates have a monopoly on establishment support. While most view Dick Gephardt as the front-runner, he is not considered a strong front-runner. Democratic strategist Donna Brazille, a former adviser to Former President Al Gore, said she believed the nomination would come down to a contest between Gephardt and Dean. "The Democratic establishment likes Dick Gephardt; he's progressive but not polarizing, he comes from a swing state, and he has experience. But the grassroots loves Howard Dean's anti-establishment message" Brazille stated.

November 25, 2007 - Poll: Gephardt leads

Dick Gephardt 30%
Bill Richardson 25%
Howard Dean 21%
Tom Daschle 15%
John Kerry 5%
Mark Warner 2%
Jon Corzine 1%

Endorsements in the Democratic Presidential Primary as of December 10, 2007

Dick Gephardt
Tom Harkin, U.S. Senator from Iowa
Jeanne Shaheen, Former Governor of New Hampshire and U.S. Senate Hopeful
Bob Holden, Former Governor of Missouri
Andrew Cuomo, Former HUD Secretary and 2004 Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee
Nancy Pelosi, Democratic House Leader
Steny Hoyer, Democratic House Whip
The entire Democratic Congressional Delegations of Missouri and South Carolina

Bill Richardson
Al Gore, Former U.S. President
Carol Moseley Braun, Former U.S. Vice President and 2004 Democratic Presidential Nominee
William Cohen, Former U.S. Defense Secretary
Walter Mondale, Former U.S. Vice President
Gary Hart, Former U.S. Senator from Colorado
Harry Reid, Democratic U.S. Senate Leader
Wesley Clark, Former NATO Supreme Allied Commander
The entire New Mexico Democratic Congressional Delegation
Evan Bayh, U.S. Senator from Indiana

Tom Daschle
Former U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno
U.S. Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois
U.S. Senator Barack Obama of Illinois
U.S. Senator Russ Feingold of Wisconsin
U.S. Senator Bill Nelson of Florida
Governor of Arkansas Mike Bebe
Former Governor of South Carolina Jim Hodges
Governor of Iowa Tom Vilsack
Governor of New Hampshire John Lynch

Howard Dean
Former U.S. Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey
U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont
U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy of Vermont
Governor of Maine John Baldacci
Governor of Wisconsin Jim Doyle
Former Governor of New Jersey Jim Florio
Entire Vermont Democratic Congressional Delegation

John Kerry
Governor of Massachusetts Deval Patrick
Former Governor of Massachusetts and 1988 Democratic Presidential Nominee Michael Dukakis

Jon Corzine
U.S. Senator Bob Menenedez of New Jersey

Mark Warner
Governor of Virginia Tim Kaine
Governor of West Virginia Joe Manchin
Former Governor of Virginia Douglas Wilder
Mayor of New York City Michael Bloomberg
Entire Democratic Congressional Delegation of Virginia
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length