Why is Donald Trump declining in the polls?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:51:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why is Donald Trump declining in the polls?  (Read 3647 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2015, 03:57:34 PM »

Also on my chart, poor Lindsey, negative support, time to drop out bud

How did happen?

He's probably rounding to tenths of a percent, and rounding up for some candidates got him to over a 100% total, so poor Lindsay needed to go negative to get the books to balance. Smiley
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2015, 04:45:28 PM »

His poll numbers aren't. That is a big lie people are perpetrating based on a couple fishy results directly after debate number #2

However, his favorabilities are basically getting crushed and that should be a concern because he won't be winning head-to-heads with other candidates (and he was never leading Carson H2H)

Still, Trump leads.  Still, Trump's the frontrunner.  Carly Fiorina has declined since jumping into double digits at one point and no one starts posts of "Why is Carly Fiorina declining in the polls?"

Trump's the leader.  Carson is the second big outsider.  The problem for the Establishment is selling enough of the Trump-Carson fans on a candidate who's more of the same old crap.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2015, 04:51:50 PM »

Trump has declined, but not by that much.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2015, 04:52:42 PM »

Because he's a joke candidate?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2015, 07:36:03 PM »

As I mentioned in a polling thread, Trump does much better in online polls which are tracked by Huffpollster but not RCP so you get two universes of Trump. One where he is declining into mid 20s and one where he is rebounding into low 30s. 

It's a Choose Your Own Adventure in the state of the race

I think the live phone polls are more accurate but who knows fo sure?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2015, 07:40:18 PM »

I assume it's because people are getting tired of his schtick, at least a little bit. My prediction that he probably won't be there for the Iowa caucuses still stands.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2015, 07:43:43 PM »

Because in the words of the Atlas Forum, he is a horrible person.  Why people are just starting to figure this out is a bit mystifying.  Maybe that's your point.  My guess is that most folks don't pay attention.  Back when he was some billionaire dude on some show that fired people, he was cool.  Now that he's a candidate, people will actually expect him to show some tendency toward statesmanship.  Since he has not shown any, the more people pay attention, the lower his numbers will fall.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2015, 10:20:58 PM »

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-polls/100215-773897-donald-trump-trails-ben-carson-in-ibd-tipp-poll.htm

Looking at the latest IBD/TIPP poll, where Carson and Trump have changed places, I'm now thinking that its simply that Trump has made too many vaguely reasonable statements while failing to say anything really crazy lately. All the right-wingnuts who've left Trump have gone right over to Carson.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2015, 12:29:06 AM »

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-polls/100215-773897-donald-trump-trails-ben-carson-in-ibd-tipp-poll.htm

Looking at the latest IBD/TIPP poll, where Carson and Trump have changed places, I'm now thinking that its simply that Trump has made too many vaguely reasonable statements while failing to say anything really crazy lately. All the right-wingnuts who've left Trump have gone right over to Carson.

IDB/TIPP is one of the worst pollsters in existence. Zero stock should be placed in that poll.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies