Take Back Atlasia- Talleyrand 2015
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:11:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Take Back Atlasia- Talleyrand 2015
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Take Back Atlasia- Talleyrand 2015  (Read 5247 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 10:29:36 AM »

Do you support Northeast independence?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2015, 10:35:49 AM »

Do you support Northeast independence?

Senator,

I believe that if it is the will of the Northeast people to be free, they should have that right!!! I personally support Northeast independence, but as a proud Southerner with no intention of moving to that region, it is not my business to tell them what to do. What is clear is that the region has been abused atrociously by Nyman bureaucrats with their head in the slush money troughs, and has been denied its fair share for far too long!!! I believe that the Northeast, independent or not, must be given its due.

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 10:49:04 AM »

THE TALLEYRAND PLAN; THE ONLY WAY WE CAN RESTORE OUR GREAT NATION

1. Slash the bloated bureacracy- We need competitive, strong elections, not pointless offices so every dummy can get a position to satisfy his ego! Here is my plan-

-3 regions (or 2 with Northeast Independence), each with 3 legislators, 1 governor and 1 judge.

-The three regional judges convened shall form the Supreme Court.

-A 9 member Senate with 3 regional senators and 6 district senators. Each region will have two districts. Class A will be elected with the president and consist of the regional senators, and Class B will consist of all the district senators and be elected in midterms. The Senate shall be presided over by a Prime Minister, so the senate shall be a partisan body.

-No more Vice President- this is a pointless, idiotic position. The cabinet will be cut down to an Interior Secretary to manage internal affairs and a State Secretary to manage external ones; they shall be tasked with updating the wiki or face dismissal. There shall be a Registrar General and a SoFE. No Attorney General- the President may appoint special prosecutors instead. A Game Moderator shall work with the South Americans to create rich, realistic, and interesting scenarios!

-This plan only has 30 total officials for the game, and if Senators pull double duty in Cabinet, even less!!!

2. Recognize South America and/or the Northeast

-We must inject a realistic notion of foreign policy into Atlasia, and recognize the self-determination of peoples. We must work constructively and creatively with our southern and possibly northern neighbors to replicate some semblance of trade and statehood!!!

3. Clean up the economy

-Eliminate the communist, union-boss policies and create a free-market Atlasia with a strong economy that we can be proud about on the world stage!!!

-We must have a legislative reset to alleviate this crisis.

4. Fix the Constitutional Convention and enforce our laws

-The current constitutional convention is bureaucratic, legalistic nightmare like Atlasia itself. We need to suspend rules and move along with the job instead of wasting time over trivialities such as who should open whatever thread. Let the delegates do their job!!! I will seek a delegate position when one inevitably opens up to promote this.

-Make sure illegal behavior isn't tolerated.

I now open the floor to questions!!! #restoreatlasia
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 11:10:13 AM »

A homage to my absent opponent!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2015, 12:01:38 PM »

Thanks to the support of my good friend oakvale, the Talleyrand campaign is proud to release its new banner!!!

#TakeBackAtlasia
#RestoreAtlasia
#MakeAtlasiaGreatAgain

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 12:44:37 PM »

-The current constitutional convention is bureaucratic, legalistic nightmare like Atlasia itself. We need to suspend rules and move along with the job instead of wasting time over trivialities such as who should open whatever thread. Let the delegates do their job!!! I will seek a delegate position when one inevitably opens up to promote this.

Talleyrand, you know very well that this isn't happening. The election of a P.O. has taken more time than expected, it is true, but this was merely because the delegates wanted to ensure that the selection process was as democratic and transparent as possible. Even the South American Provisional Parliament (of which you were a member) acknowledged the need for a democratically chosen presiding officer, and no-one would argue that that body was a "bureaucratic, legalistic nightmare."
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2015, 01:27:26 PM »

You do know Clarence already used this slogan, right?

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 02:58:33 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2015, 03:02:33 PM by Talleyrand »

Talleyrand, you know very well that this isn't happening. The election of a P.O. has taken more time than expected, it is true, but this was merely because the delegates wanted to ensure that the selection process was as democratic and transparent as possible. Even the South American Provisional Parliament (of which you were a member) acknowledged the need for a democratically chosen presiding officer, and no-one would argue that that body was a "bureaucratic, legalistic nightmare."

Senator, I agree that the selection process occurred unfairly and needed to be redone, but there was no good reason that it should have lasted a harrowing 3 days to start a new vote!!! If the person who initially opened the vote was unavailable at the time, someone else should have gone ahead and opened it; it's that simple. Following every tiny regulation to the book is a sure recipe for disaster!!! I hope you are correct and now it will flow well, but this has NOT been a strong start, as valuable time was wasted as Atlasia continued its rot.

Senator, Clarence is the greatest living Atlasian and someone who fundamentally cares about the state of our nation. If he were to start posting again, I doubt he would be worried about me using a phrase I was unaware he had already used. The English language has many phrases, and "make Atlasia great again" is only one of them. I am not going to apologize for sharing a common goal with  Senator Clarence- I am confident he would back my campaign if he returned to this game once again!!!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 03:01:59 PM »

Endorsed.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 03:03:28 PM »

Cheesy

I would like to thank Fmr. President Tmthforu94 and Legislator Jonathan Swift for their support of my campaign Civic Renewal!!! I have known Mr. Tmth for a long time and understand that he is a patriotic individual who understands the crisis we are in, while Mr. Swift is someone willing to take decisive action for the country!!! I look forward to working with both of them as we tackle the plagues affecting Atlasia!

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 03:04:28 PM »

Cheesy

I would like to thank Fmr. President Tmthforu94 and Legislator Jonathan Swift for their support of my campaign Civic Renewal!!! I have known Mr. Tmth for a long time and understand that he is a patriotic individual who understands the crisis we are in, while Mr. Swift is someone willing to take decisive action for the country!!! I look forward to working with both of them as we tackle the plagues affecting Atlasia!

Wait since when is Jonathan Swift a legislator???
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2015, 03:05:38 PM »

Cheesy

Wait since when is Jonathan Swift a legislator???

I recalled him serving in the body. Regardless of what office he holds, he's an Atlasian patriot however!!!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2015, 04:13:38 PM »

Senator, I agree that the selection process occurred unfairly and needed to be redone, but there was no good reason that it should have lasted a harrowing 3 days to start a new vote!!! If the person who initially opened the vote was unavailable at the time, someone else should have gone ahead and opened it; it's that simple. Following every tiny regulation to the book is a sure recipe for disaster!!! I hope you are correct and now it will flow well, but this has NOT been a strong start, as valuable time was wasted as Atlasia continued its rot.

I agree wholeheartedly; the trouble is, some of us like to file lawsuits when people perform the duties of an office which they do not legally hold, and this has caused the rest of the population to be very cautious in that regard.

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2015, 05:12:47 PM »

Adam used it, too, but (and everyone seems to be forgetting this) Cris actually used it first.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2015, 07:53:54 PM »

Endorsed, obviously Cheesy
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2015, 07:55:49 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly; the trouble is, some of us like to file lawsuits when people perform the duties of an office which they do not legally hold, and this has caused the rest of the population to be very cautious in that regard.

Senator,

Following a clear-cut law and getting bogged down in procedural regulations are two very different things, as you well know. I am glad that the Atlasian population is heading in a law-abiding direction, but the rules of the constitutional convention should not be set in iron- that violates the very spirit of our nation!!!

Glorious news!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2015, 04:43:30 PM »

Get OUT and VOTE to make Atlasia great again!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2015, 09:38:23 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2015, 09:40:05 PM by Talleyrand »

Ridiculous and unprofessional of Governor Pikachu to not contact any voters personally, and use an army of henchmen to do it for him!!! His cronies are even stooping so LOW as to bully people to editing their votes after they are cast!!! We need to END voter fraud and these illegal activities, and I am the ONLY candidate who is going to do that.

pikachu
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2015, 10:01:52 PM »

Ridiculous and unprofessional of Governor Pikachu to not contact any voters personally, and use an army of henchmen to do it for him!!! His cronies are even stooping so LOW as to bully people to editing their votes after they are cast!!! We need to END voter fraud and these illegal activities, and I am the ONLY candidate who is going to do that.

lol, i've contacted quite a few.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2015, 08:08:15 AM »

You spelt "Altasian" wrong. Tongue Wink
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2015, 08:09:09 AM »

I can assure you it won't happen again. It is hard to maintain great spelling 100% in a time of crisis!!!
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2015, 09:05:03 AM »

[[muphry's law in action]] Grin;D;D
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2015, 12:54:40 PM »

His cronies are even stooping so LOW as to bully people to editing their votes after they are cast!!!

That's quite a serious accusation to be making, Talleyrand. I'd like to see some proof, if you don't mind.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2015, 01:01:10 PM »

His cronies are even stooping so LOW as to bully people to editing their votes after they are cast!!!

That's quite a serious accusation to be making, Talleyrand. I'd like to see some proof, if you don't mind.

RFayette initially voted for me, then suddenly just one minute before the twenty minute editing period elapsed his vote switched to Pikachu. I became suspicious, and several times on the "who's online" list I observed several individuals viewing the profiles of individuals who had voted for me and sending them PMs after they did that. I sent a PM to those individuals involved questioning them about this, and have received no response. It is my hope they have the class to stop, as we have seen serious issues with this in the past.

In addition, maybe it would be be nice if for once you asked Pikachu some questions, instead of grasping at straws to find issue with my campaign! It's BEYOND embarrassing that if I had not entered this race, this game would have elected someone who has done absolutely nothing this campaign to the Senate unopposed!!!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2015, 02:56:15 PM »

In addition, maybe it would be be nice if for once you asked Pikachu some questions, instead of grasping at straws to find issue with my campaign! It's BEYOND embarrassing that if I had not entered this race, this game would have elected someone who has done absolutely nothing this campaign to the Senate unopposed!!!

It's hardly "grasping at straws" to ask someone to present proof of such a serious accusation, and I will not sit idly by while law-abiding citizens are libeled. Rest assured, if Pikachu starts accusing people of committing federal crimes based on such shaky "evidence" as you have just presented, I will call him out for it too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies