Take Back Atlasia- Talleyrand 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:28:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Take Back Atlasia- Talleyrand 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Take Back Atlasia- Talleyrand 2015  (Read 5317 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: October 05, 2015, 07:52:15 PM »

That said, I have not allowed personal family issues (yes, I have had several seriously ill family members too and you are no special snowflake) to let me use vulgarity, promote bigotry, and hurl abuse at people without any good reason. You have a lot of maturing to do; you claim you have no time to run a campaign yet you are constantly launching vicious, obscene attacks on me!!!

Talleyrand, you've been consistently vicious and condescending since your return to Atlasia - this thread alone is evidence enough that you have no intention of being polite. It seems like you can't get through a post without calling someone a looser or otherwise doing a poor imitation of The Donald. I'm not sure what's caused you to abandon the reasonable tone you used to preside over the Senate in June, but I can't say I find this new approach appealing in the slightest degree.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 12:44:37 PM »

-The current constitutional convention is bureaucratic, legalistic nightmare like Atlasia itself. We need to suspend rules and move along with the job instead of wasting time over trivialities such as who should open whatever thread. Let the delegates do their job!!! I will seek a delegate position when one inevitably opens up to promote this.

Talleyrand, you know very well that this isn't happening. The election of a P.O. has taken more time than expected, it is true, but this was merely because the delegates wanted to ensure that the selection process was as democratic and transparent as possible. Even the South American Provisional Parliament (of which you were a member) acknowledged the need for a democratically chosen presiding officer, and no-one would argue that that body was a "bureaucratic, legalistic nightmare."
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 04:13:38 PM »

-The current constitutional convention is bureaucratic, legalistic nightmare like Atlasia itself. We need to suspend rules and move along with the job instead of wasting time over trivialities such as who should open whatever thread. Let the delegates do their job!!! I will seek a delegate position when one inevitably opens up to promote this.

Talleyrand, you know very well that this isn't happening. The election of a P.O. has taken more time than expected, it is true, but this was merely because the delegates wanted to ensure that the selection process was as democratic and transparent as possible. Even the South American Provisional Parliament (of which you were a member) acknowledged the need for a democratically chosen presiding officer, and no-one would argue that that body was a "bureaucratic, legalistic nightmare."

Senator, I agree that the selection process occurred unfairly and needed to be redone, but there was no good reason that it should have lasted a harrowing 3 days to start a new vote!!! If the person who initially opened the vote was unavailable at the time, someone else should have gone ahead and opened it; it's that simple. Following every tiny regulation to the book is a sure recipe for disaster!!! I hope you are correct and now it will flow well, but this has NOT been a strong start, as valuable time was wasted as Atlasia continued its rot.

I agree wholeheartedly; the trouble is, some of us like to file lawsuits when people perform the duties of an office which they do not legally hold, and this has caused the rest of the population to be very cautious in that regard.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 12:54:40 PM »

His cronies are even stooping so LOW as to bully people to editing their votes after they are cast!!!

That's quite a serious accusation to be making, Talleyrand. I'd like to see some proof, if you don't mind.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 02:56:15 PM »

In addition, maybe it would be be nice if for once you asked Pikachu some questions, instead of grasping at straws to find issue with my campaign! It's BEYOND embarrassing that if I had not entered this race, this game would have elected someone who has done absolutely nothing this campaign to the Senate unopposed!!!

It's hardly "grasping at straws" to ask someone to present proof of such a serious accusation, and I will not sit idly by while law-abiding citizens are libeled. Rest assured, if Pikachu starts accusing people of committing federal crimes based on such shaky "evidence" as you have just presented, I will call him out for it too.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 03:32:34 PM »

In addition, maybe it would be be nice if for once you asked Pikachu some questions, instead of grasping at straws to find issue with my campaign! It's BEYOND embarrassing that if I had not entered this race, this game would have elected someone who has done absolutely nothing this campaign to the Senate unopposed!!!

It's hardly "grasping at straws" to ask someone to present proof of such a serious accusation, and I will not sit idly by while law-abiding citizens are libeled. Rest assured, if Pikachu starts accusing people of committing federal crimes based on such shaky "evidence" as you have just presented, I will call him out for it too.

The evidence I've provided is quite strong, and Classic Conservative has admitted to doing exactly what I've accused him of, but of course, you want to draw as much attention away from that as possible because I don't have DNA evidence or whatever on an online forum. So much for the unbiased media!!! Roll Eyes

It is no secret that I have been suspicious of your motives since your return to Atlasia last month, nor that I support your opponent in this race. I am shocked, however, that you think I would go so far as to attempt to cover up a crime if I believed one had been committed. My request for proof of your accusation was just that: an attempt to discern whether this was a factual allegation or simply a campaign ploy (ie: "JCL and Classic Conservative are having an affair").

I found your initial explanation unconvincing because, at the end of the day, there was no way to know the content of the PMs in question. The whole affair reminded me of your repeated charges that Leinad was a sock back in June, when you had no concrete evidence that this was the case. What you did not tell me was that you had contacted Classic Conservative about the matter and that, in your words, he had failed to "explicitly deny" your claims. This, obviously, is a much more substantial claim, and while I still stand by the principle of "innocent until proven guilty," I will now be seeking verification from Mr. Conservative as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies