Take Back Atlasia- Talleyrand 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:48:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Take Back Atlasia- Talleyrand 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Take Back Atlasia- Talleyrand 2015  (Read 5310 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: October 03, 2015, 04:44:33 PM »

Take Back Atlasia!!!

Friends and countrymen, I am saddened to hear of the resignation and departure of Senator Kalwejt. He remains a strong patriot and despite some of our recent disagreements, I consider him a friend. That said, our country exists at a pivotal point between decline and reinvigoration! A culture of terrorists and criminals want to send us backward. I say, NOT ON MY WATCH!!!

Our Senate lies a mess, and our nation's reputation lies shredded abroad as a result of the communist, totalitarian policies which have driven Atlasia over the brink! This must stop NOW, and I am the only candidate who is willing to take a stand against this.

I have joined the Federalist Party and am running on the following three platform points.

1. CREATE A STRONGER ATLASIA THROUGH THE CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION

2. ENSURE LAW AND ORDER IN A CAPITALISTIC, FREE-MARKET SOCIETY

3. CLEAN UP ATLASIA'S GLOBAL REPUTATION AND MAKE IT A SUPERPOWER ONCE MORE

I encourage all questions and encourage you all to cast a ballot for me this election!!!!

ELECT TALLEYRAND SENATOR IN OCTOBER 2015!!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »

Thank you! I look forward to your support in my effort to take back Atlasia!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 05:16:13 PM »

^^^

Seriously, this nation (even the Northeast!) has turned into an inactive reactionary hellhole.

The momentum continues!!! A silent majority of Atlasians stand with our grassroots movement.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 11:36:28 AM »

Glad to have the support of posters from all intelligence levels!

Gentlemen, although my internals show me with a decisive lead in the general election, I am reconsidering my membership in the Federalist Party in light of actions taken by a few fringe members who wish the party to remain in permanent opposition. I am OUTRAGED they are putting their own selfish interest ahead of the country's!!!!

In other news, I will be unveiling my strong platform over the next week.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 04:12:10 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2015, 04:14:46 PM by Talleyrandbull »

A clown who refuses to support equality for our gay and lesbian brothers. What a dope!!!

Telling that the other joke who wants to get rid of me is a Peruvian sockmaster creep!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 04:20:57 PM »

Glorious news!!! It's time for the fringe of the Federalist party to buckle up and get on the train of the people! I have broad cross-party support and am the only candidate who can lead the Conservatives to a strong, decisive victory in the battle for the Senate. #RestoreAtlasia
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 07:27:29 PM »

Which is why your signature is massive #standwithkimdavis? My campaign, unlike your short-lived joke of one, emphasizes reaching out to non-troglodytes too, you buffoon!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 07:35:58 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2015, 07:38:58 PM by Talleyrandbull »

Very sorry to hear that. I offer my sincere best wishes for your aunt and family; I did not know about the situation.

That said, I have not allowed personal family issues (yes, I have had several seriously ill family members too and you are no special snowflake) to let me use vulgarity, promote bigotry, and hurl abuse at people without any good reason. You have a lot of maturing to do; you claim you have no time to run a campaign yet you are constantly launching vicious, obscene attacks on me!!!

That said, I am willing to make a truce with you on the condition that you hold off your attempt at expelling me until Wednesday, upon the release of my comprehensive plan.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 07:59:04 PM »

Senator,

I am not going to apologize for my beliefs. I am confirm that Mr. Classic Conservative and I are currently arbitrating our dispute in a civil, dignified manner behind my scenes. If someone is genuinely offended by my attacks (and they should not since this is only an online game), I will cut down on those specific instances.

I certainly do not have anything personally against any individual in this game; I know none of them personally and I'm sure most of them are good people (yes, including Griffin and Windjammer). That said, I am deeply frustrated, as are many with Atlasians, at the state of this game and the half-hearted, weak efforts to revive it. It is difficult to maintain political correctness in this critical situation.

I am a serious candidate, and I will always respond seriously to genuine comments such as the one you have provided, but I am not going to be emasculated in this campaign by people who are unwilling to provide any good reason for their rabid hatred of me (such as a number of individuals who are attempting to expel me from the Federalist Party). I have reached out to many of these men offering to sign a loyalty pledge, but have received no response.

I am releasing a comprehensive plan on Wednesday, and it will have broad appeal to all patriotic Atlasians. I look forward to your, and others', questions on it.

-Talleyrand
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 08:07:56 PM »

I can also confirm this, Talleyrand is a very kind person and a brilliant writer and speaker and I believe we were in the heat of the moment, I apologize for any statements that offended my friend Mr. Talleyrand.

Yes, and I can confirm I did not truly intend my over-exuberant attacks on Mr. Classic Conservative. He is a good man and strong patriot who wants to restore Atlasia. I look forward to working with him and the broader Federalist Party to reach a settlement on my candidacy for the sake of our country.

#DaveHelpAtlasia
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 11:19:54 PM »

Gentlemen, due a flight delay I will not be able to make my statement until 11 AM tomorrow. I apologize profusely for the delay, but for Atlasia's sake, she must wait for the strong plan!!!

In the meantime.

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 10:35:49 AM »

Do you support Northeast independence?

Senator,

I believe that if it is the will of the Northeast people to be free, they should have that right!!! I personally support Northeast independence, but as a proud Southerner with no intention of moving to that region, it is not my business to tell them what to do. What is clear is that the region has been abused atrociously by Nyman bureaucrats with their head in the slush money troughs, and has been denied its fair share for far too long!!! I believe that the Northeast, independent or not, must be given its due.

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 10:49:04 AM »

THE TALLEYRAND PLAN; THE ONLY WAY WE CAN RESTORE OUR GREAT NATION

1. Slash the bloated bureacracy- We need competitive, strong elections, not pointless offices so every dummy can get a position to satisfy his ego! Here is my plan-

-3 regions (or 2 with Northeast Independence), each with 3 legislators, 1 governor and 1 judge.

-The three regional judges convened shall form the Supreme Court.

-A 9 member Senate with 3 regional senators and 6 district senators. Each region will have two districts. Class A will be elected with the president and consist of the regional senators, and Class B will consist of all the district senators and be elected in midterms. The Senate shall be presided over by a Prime Minister, so the senate shall be a partisan body.

-No more Vice President- this is a pointless, idiotic position. The cabinet will be cut down to an Interior Secretary to manage internal affairs and a State Secretary to manage external ones; they shall be tasked with updating the wiki or face dismissal. There shall be a Registrar General and a SoFE. No Attorney General- the President may appoint special prosecutors instead. A Game Moderator shall work with the South Americans to create rich, realistic, and interesting scenarios!

-This plan only has 30 total officials for the game, and if Senators pull double duty in Cabinet, even less!!!

2. Recognize South America and/or the Northeast

-We must inject a realistic notion of foreign policy into Atlasia, and recognize the self-determination of peoples. We must work constructively and creatively with our southern and possibly northern neighbors to replicate some semblance of trade and statehood!!!

3. Clean up the economy

-Eliminate the communist, union-boss policies and create a free-market Atlasia with a strong economy that we can be proud about on the world stage!!!

-We must have a legislative reset to alleviate this crisis.

4. Fix the Constitutional Convention and enforce our laws

-The current constitutional convention is bureaucratic, legalistic nightmare like Atlasia itself. We need to suspend rules and move along with the job instead of wasting time over trivialities such as who should open whatever thread. Let the delegates do their job!!! I will seek a delegate position when one inevitably opens up to promote this.

-Make sure illegal behavior isn't tolerated.

I now open the floor to questions!!! #restoreatlasia
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2015, 11:10:13 AM »

A homage to my absent opponent!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 12:01:38 PM »

Thanks to the support of my good friend oakvale, the Talleyrand campaign is proud to release its new banner!!!

#TakeBackAtlasia
#RestoreAtlasia
#MakeAtlasiaGreatAgain

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 02:58:33 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2015, 03:02:33 PM by Talleyrand »

-The current constitutional convention is bureaucratic, legalistic nightmare like Atlasia itself. We need to suspend rules and move along with the job instead of wasting time over trivialities such as who should open whatever thread. Let the delegates do their job!!! I will seek a delegate position when one inevitably opens up to promote this.

Talleyrand, you know very well that this isn't happening. The election of a P.O. has taken more time than expected, it is true, but this was merely because the delegates wanted to ensure that the selection process was as democratic and transparent as possible. Even the South American Provisional Parliament (of which you were a member) acknowledged the need for a democratically chosen presiding officer, and no-one would argue that that body was a "bureaucratic, legalistic nightmare."

Senator, I agree that the selection process occurred unfairly and needed to be redone, but there was no good reason that it should have lasted a harrowing 3 days to start a new vote!!! If the person who initially opened the vote was unavailable at the time, someone else should have gone ahead and opened it; it's that simple. Following every tiny regulation to the book is a sure recipe for disaster!!! I hope you are correct and now it will flow well, but this has NOT been a strong start, as valuable time was wasted as Atlasia continued its rot.

You do know Clarence already used this slogan, right?

Senator, Clarence is the greatest living Atlasian and someone who fundamentally cares about the state of our nation. If he were to start posting again, I doubt he would be worried about me using a phrase I was unaware he had already used. The English language has many phrases, and "make Atlasia great again" is only one of them. I am not going to apologize for sharing a common goal with  Senator Clarence- I am confident he would back my campaign if he returned to this game once again!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 03:03:28 PM »

Cheesy

I would like to thank Fmr. President Tmthforu94 and Legislator Jonathan Swift for their support of my campaign Civic Renewal!!! I have known Mr. Tmth for a long time and understand that he is a patriotic individual who understands the crisis we are in, while Mr. Swift is someone willing to take decisive action for the country!!! I look forward to working with both of them as we tackle the plagues affecting Atlasia!

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 03:05:38 PM »

Cheesy

I would like to thank Fmr. President Tmthforu94 and Legislator Jonathan Swift for their support of my campaign Civic Renewal!!! I have known Mr. Tmth for a long time and understand that he is a patriotic individual who understands the crisis we are in, while Mr. Swift is someone willing to take decisive action for the country!!! I look forward to working with both of them as we tackle the plagues affecting Atlasia!

Wait since when is Jonathan Swift a legislator???

I recalled him serving in the body. Regardless of what office he holds, he's an Atlasian patriot however!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 07:55:49 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly; the trouble is, some of us like to file lawsuits when people perform the duties of an office which they do not legally hold, and this has caused the rest of the population to be very cautious in that regard.

Senator,

Following a clear-cut law and getting bogged down in procedural regulations are two very different things, as you well know. I am glad that the Atlasian population is heading in a law-abiding direction, but the rules of the constitutional convention should not be set in iron- that violates the very spirit of our nation!!!

Glorious news!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 04:43:30 PM »

Get OUT and VOTE to make Atlasia great again!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 09:38:23 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2015, 09:40:05 PM by Talleyrand »

Ridiculous and unprofessional of Governor Pikachu to not contact any voters personally, and use an army of henchmen to do it for him!!! His cronies are even stooping so LOW as to bully people to editing their votes after they are cast!!! We need to END voter fraud and these illegal activities, and I am the ONLY candidate who is going to do that.

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2015, 08:09:09 AM »

I can assure you it won't happen again. It is hard to maintain great spelling 100% in a time of crisis!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2015, 01:01:10 PM »

His cronies are even stooping so LOW as to bully people to editing their votes after they are cast!!!

That's quite a serious accusation to be making, Talleyrand. I'd like to see some proof, if you don't mind.

RFayette initially voted for me, then suddenly just one minute before the twenty minute editing period elapsed his vote switched to Pikachu. I became suspicious, and several times on the "who's online" list I observed several individuals viewing the profiles of individuals who had voted for me and sending them PMs after they did that. I sent a PM to those individuals involved questioning them about this, and have received no response. It is my hope they have the class to stop, as we have seen serious issues with this in the past.

In addition, maybe it would be be nice if for once you asked Pikachu some questions, instead of grasping at straws to find issue with my campaign! It's BEYOND embarrassing that if I had not entered this race, this game would have elected someone who has done absolutely nothing this campaign to the Senate unopposed!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2015, 03:03:14 PM »

It's BEYOND embarrassing that if I had not entered this race, this game would have elected someone who has done absolutely nothing this campaign to the Senate unopposed!!!

'scuse me
if you hadn't run, i would've stayed and done some campaigning

Very true, Ms. Evergreen. I should have clarified that as what the "establishment" wanted.

In addition, maybe it would be be nice if for once you asked Pikachu some questions, instead of grasping at straws to find issue with my campaign! It's BEYOND embarrassing that if I had not entered this race, this game would have elected someone who has done absolutely nothing this campaign to the Senate unopposed!!!

It's hardly "grasping at straws" to ask someone to present proof of such a serious accusation, and I will not sit idly by while law-abiding citizens are libeled. Rest assured, if Pikachu starts accusing people of committing federal crimes based on such shaky "evidence" as you have just presented, I will call him out for it too.

The evidence I've provided is quite strong, and Classic Conservative has admitted to doing exactly what I've accused him of, but of course, you want to draw as much attention away from that as possible because I don't have DNA evidence or whatever on an online forum. So much for the unbiased media!!! Roll Eyes

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2015, 03:39:27 PM »

I don't know which one if you is PMing people to edit their votes after they've been cast, but I'd appreciate it if you had the grace to stop. I have never done that with any votes for Pikachu, and if you had any class, you wouldn't either.
Here is the PM in question.

You are aware posting PMs without permission is against forum policy, correct??? Regardless, you have failed to respond to any allegations (including that PM) besides now making what I believe to be a lie about your actions at the last minute!!!

You really are digging your own grave.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies