Voters disappointed with Clinton's frequent tardiness to events
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:41:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Voters disappointed with Clinton's frequent tardiness to events
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Voters disappointed with Clinton's frequent tardiness to events  (Read 2010 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 01:45:10 AM »

A man is confident. A woman is entitled. It's obviously sexist.

So it was OK to say that Bob Dole and Jeb Bush felt entitled to the nomination, but not Hillary? Ridiculous.

I've never heard anyone say that. Bob Dole had done a lot for the Republican Party though

You can find mentions on Google, although usually it was "his turn". Clearly a sexist term, since it can't refer to women.

In the context of HRC's run for the presidency, yes. If she had served 1 term in the Senate and ran off to Wall Street and the private sector for a decade and expected to lead the field on name recognition, it would be a different story.

I don't even know what you're trying to say. "Entitled" or "his turn" has been used for countless other candidates. These cries of sexism are really ridiculous.

It sounds like you're having a hard time understanding this:

1. HRC is not and has not been acting like she is entitled to the nomination.
2. She has a 30+ year streak of philanthropy and public service to the American people (aka she is not running on being second in 2008).
3. She is still frequently branded as "entitled"  in spite of this. I believe this comes from sexist undertones.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2015, 01:52:56 AM »

What do you expect from someone who feels entitled to the Presidency?

Entitled? Please. She's one of the most experienced and accomplished candidates running in this race. Take your loaded sexist language elsewhere please.

The F*k?

"Entitled" is a phrase (among others) that is attached to Clinton in a way that wouldn't be attached to other male candidates.

please get a grip on reality.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 01:59:51 AM »

So it was OK to say that Bob Dole and Jeb Bush felt entitled to the nomination, but not Hillary? Ridiculous.

I've never heard anyone say that. Bob Dole had done a lot for the Republican Party though

You can find mentions on Google, although usually it was "his turn". Clearly a sexist term, since it can't refer to women.

In the context of HRC's run for the presidency, yes. If she had served 1 term in the Senate and ran off to Wall Street and the private sector for a decade and expected to lead the field on name recognition, it would be a different story.

I don't even know what you're trying to say. "Entitled" or "his turn" has been used for countless other candidates. These cries of sexism are really ridiculous.

2. She has a 30+ year streak of philanthropy and public service to the American people (aka she is not running on being second in 2008).
3. She is still frequently branded as "entitled"  in spite of this. I believe this comes from sexist undertones.

Come on, it's the same as "his turn" for Bob Dole. Nothing sexist about it.
madelka
United States
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 02:02:00 AM »

Nagas is an obvious troll.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 06:18:07 PM »

The "entitled" attack is obviously sexist, but this is Atlas where sexism isn't real and Clinton is an EVIL HARPY CORPORATIST BITCH.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 06:23:09 PM »

Come on, it's the same as "his turn" for Bob Dole. Nothing sexist about it.

Actually, no. By the laws of the GOP Dole was essentially next in line (him or Quayle). I don't know if it's sexist, but some of the terms used for Hillary in here would never be said about a man.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies