Rank the presidents since WW2 for foreign policy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:17:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Rank the presidents since WW2 for foreign policy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rank the presidents since WW2 for foreign policy  (Read 1621 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 12:03:53 AM »

Why is everyone listing Truman as great in foreign policy. He literally killed millions of innocent civilians, and he spread war to communist countries through the Truman doctrine which displaced many governments and people. I guess WWII, makes him mediocre.

I agreed with his decision to drop the atomic bombs, and Soviet Communism was evil and had to be stopped

I guess Maoist communism was alright then. You do realize we overthrew democratically f*king elected Marxist governments were replaced with horrible dictators. I'm sure supporting Khmer Rouge to oppose North Vietnam was a good idea. You can't just do wars because something was muh, 'evil', which after Stalin it wasn't really evil compared to regimes we supported.

How was the atomic bombs justified, yea I'm sure killing innocent civilians on major cities is justified. If the atomic bombs we dropped, they could do it in a rural area, or a place with no civilians making no one killed and showing the prowess of the nuclear bomb, which even then is questionable. Though Truman isn't like Hitler or Stalin, he certainly is horrible for dropping the nuclear bomb.

FDR would have dropped the bombs too,and  the alternatives were worse , invading Japan would have cost millions of deaths more.  We basically did the same thing to Japan what we did to Germany which was to make the sitiution so hopeless for them that they wouldnt have a choice but to Unconditionally Surrender. Also WW2 was a TOTAL WAR which meant that civilians were considered enemy soldiers as well and despite all this the Allies killed more soliders in WW2 then civilians which the Axis didnt do.

Communism is more evil then any ideology except Nazism and if we didnt contain it or overthrow it in the places it was there it would grow and grow which is why the COLD WAR was clearly justified.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2015, 12:12:18 AM »

Why is everyone listing Truman as great in foreign policy. He literally killed millions of innocent civilians, and he spread war to communist countries through the Truman doctrine which displaced many governments and people. I guess WWII, makes him mediocre.

I agreed with his decision to drop the atomic bombs, and Soviet Communism was evil and had to be stopped

I guess Maoist communism was alright then. You do realize we overthrew democratically f*king elected Marxist governments were replaced with horrible dictators. I'm sure supporting Khmer Rouge to oppose North Vietnam was a good idea. You can't just do wars because something was muh, 'evil', which after Stalin it wasn't really evil compared to regimes we supported.

How was the atomic bombs justified, yea I'm sure killing innocent civilians on major cities is justified. If the atomic bombs we dropped, they could do it in a rural area, or a place with no civilians making no one killed and showing the prowess of the nuclear bomb, which even then is questionable. Though Truman isn't like Hitler or Stalin, he certainly is horrible for dropping the nuclear bomb.

FDR would have dropped the bombs too,and  the alternatives were worse , invading Japan would have cost millions of deaths more.  We basically did the same thing to Japan what we did to Germany which was to make the sitiution so hopeless for them that they wouldnt have a choice but to Unconditionally Surrender. Also WW2 was a TOTAL WAR which meant that civilians were considered enemy soldiers as well and despite all this the Allies killed more soliders in WW2 then civilians which the Axis didnt do.

Communism is more evil then any ideology except Nazism and if we didnt contain it or overthrow it in the places it was there it would grow and grow which is why the COLD WAR was clearly justified.

Yea, I'm sure destroying our ideals of democracy to stop 'communism' and establishing a totalitarian dictatorship is a good idea. Why is destroying rules of wars and the principle we shouldn't kill civilians, going into the trash and we can kill millions of people with one button and I'm sure we could have tried to negotiated with the Japanese before, you know we killed millions of people.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 12:27:41 AM »

Yea, I'm sure destroying our ideals of democracy to stop 'communism' and establishing a totalitarian dictatorship is a good idea. Why is destroying rules of wars and the principle we shouldn't kill civilians, going into the trash and we can kill millions of people with one button and I'm sure we could have tried to negotiated with the Japanese before, you know we killed millions of people.

The atomic bomb didnt kill millions of people they killed around 200,000 which is around the same as how much the battle of okinawa killed due to the Japanese fighting till the last man. If Japan fought that ferociously on Okinawa think about how ferocious they would have fought on Japanese soil which would have resulted in millions more deaths then the bombs. And lastly bobing civilians wasnt a war crime in WW2 as the German War Crimes werent charged with the London Blitz or there bombardment of Russia which killed lots of people.  The Japanese weret also charged for there bombing campaigns either so why should what the US does be considered a war crime.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 12:36:02 AM »

The atomic bomb didnt kill millions of people they killed around 200,000 which is around the same as how much the battle of okinawa killed due to the Japanese fighting till the last man. If Japan fought that ferociously on Okinawa think about how ferocious they would have fought on Japanese soil which would have resulted in millions more deaths then the bombs. And lastly bobing civilians wasnt a war crime in WW2 as the German War Crimes werent charged with the London Blitz or there bombardment of Russia which killed lots of people.  The Japanese weret also charged for there bombing campaigns either so why should what the US does be considered a war crime.

I'm not saying it should be charged for a war crime, i'm just saying it was morally wrong to kill 200, 000 or however amount of people.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2015, 12:39:50 AM »

I'm not saying it should be charged for a war crime, i'm just saying it was morally wrong to kill 200, 000 or however amount of people.

Of course it's morally wrong but it was far superior then invading Japan or letting the WW2 Japanese regime stat in place.  The whole war itself is morally wrong as it resulted in 70 million deaths. But just because some thing isnt moral doesnt mean something it be justified.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 12:44:29 AM »

Good:
1. Reagan
2. Truman
3. H.W. Bush
4. Kennedy
5. W. Bush