Pork or beef?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:03:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Pork or beef?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which meat do you prefer?
Pork

Beef

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Pork or beef?  (Read 821 times)
The Last Northerner

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 06, 2015, 01:46:27 AM »

Pork comes from pigs.

Beef comes from cows.

I like pork and love the odd bits (liver, blood, sausage, bacon, rinds, etc.). I'll try to learn how to cook kidneys before the year ends.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 02:01:01 AM »

I don't eat meat very often, but beef. Maybe I have an anti-pig bias, as I'm one of those rare people who doesn't like bacon.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 02:03:20 AM »

Pork, easily.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 02:17:21 AM »

Neither (vegetarian). But even when I ate meat, I was never fond of any cow products, beef or steak, so pork.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 05:26:17 AM »

Pork by a wide margin.  I love me a good burger, probably as much as any thing from a pig, but I eat a ton more ham.
Why
Unbiased
Australia

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 06:40:15 AM »

Beef by a very small margin
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 06:54:19 AM »

Guess.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 07:44:30 AM »

Depends upon what I'm doing.  For tacos I prefer beef.  For pizza, I prefer pork.  For sandwiches I can go either way.  We have roast beef and smoked ham in the refrigerator now.  Today I'm having roast beef with mozzarella cheese, garlic, hummus, tomato, cucumber, mayonnaise, and mustard on whole wheat.  Tomorrow I may have ham with mozzarella cheese, sliced jalapeńos, onion, tomato, lettuce, mustard, and mayonnaise on a crusty sourdough bātard.

°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 01:55:32 PM »

I voted pork because I didn't read the question. (I just read the title, woops)
So I changed it to beef.
I prefer beef but eat more pork, because I go out to eat for breakfast
a lot and either order eggs or bacon and eggs and once in a while
steak and eggs. I don't cook much, but when I do, it's something simple
like eggs.
Pork and beef are about the same as far as preference, but I have
a slight preference for beef.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 11:16:52 AM »

Tilt pork.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 11:28:23 AM »

Depends upon what I'm doing.  For tacos I prefer beef.  For pizza, I prefer pork.  For sandwiches I can go either way.  We have roast beef and smoked ham in the refrigerator now.  Today I'm having roast beef with mozzarella cheese, garlic, hummus, tomato, cucumber, mayonnaise, and mustard on whole wheat.  Tomorrow I may have ham with mozzarella cheese, sliced jalapeńos, onion, tomato, lettuce, mustard, and mayonnaise on a crusty sourdough bātard.

So what sandwich do you have today and how long does it take to create a monstrosity like that?  Smiley
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 12:24:19 PM »

Pork, although I love beef as well. My two favourite meats, so many awesome dishes from them!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 08:18:24 PM »

I like both, but beef easily.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 06:33:49 AM »

So what sandwich do you have today and how long does it take to create a monstrosity like that?  Smiley

I was actually out of ham and only had a couple of very thin slices of roast beef this morning, so I'll have tuna on whole wheat.  I'll put mayo on one side, brown mustard on the other, with cucumber and tomato on the mayo side, onion and jalapeno on the mustard side.  Around noon I'll open up a can of tuna, drink the delicious tuna juice, then put the tuna in the middle and toast it for a few minutes just to get the bread crispy.  I have a banana, a pear, and a 12-ounce can of Coca Cola to wash it down. 

Today is Tropical Day, apparently, at my son's school, so I had to get out my smallest floral shirt.  I have a bunch of them and found one almost fits him.  Also, we found some plastic lei for him to wear, and sandals.  It may just be the last day of the year warm enough for this.  It's 58 now, with an expected high of 77.  After today I think it will be cold. 

I'm being supportive.  I'll be in floral shirt, cargo shorts, and sandals as well.  I have one lecture and one meeting, but no labs.  Actually, Friday is the only day of the week when I don't have anything planned in the laboratory, so it's the one day that I could actually wear sandals to work.  I may wear a plastic lei as well, if I can drum up the courage to do it.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 11:08:41 AM »

I was actually out of ham and only had a couple of very thin slices of roast beef this morning, so I'll have tuna on whole wheat.  I'll put mayo on one side, brown mustard on the other, with cucumber and tomato on the mayo side, onion and jalapeno on the mustard side.  Around noon I'll open up a can of tuna, drink the delicious tuna juice, then put the tuna in the middle and toast it for a few minutes just to get the bread crispy.  I have a banana, a pear, and a 12-ounce can of Coca Cola to wash it down. 

Today is Tropical Day, apparently, at my son's school, so I had to get out my smallest floral shirt.  I have a bunch of them and found one almost fits him.  Also, we found some plastic lei for him to wear, and sandals.  It may just be the last day of the year warm enough for this.  It's 58 now, with an expected high of 77.  After today I think it will be cold. 

I'm being supportive.  I'll be in floral shirt, cargo shorts, and sandals as well.  I have one lecture and one meeting, but no labs.  Actually, Friday is the only day of the week when I don't have anything planned in the laboratory, so it's the one day that I could actually wear sandals to work.  I may wear a plastic lei as well, if I can drum up the courage to do it.

angus > coolest professor ever.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 09:26:16 AM »

Neither (vegetarian). But even when I ate meat, I was never fond of any cow products, beef or steak, so pork.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2015, 11:19:39 AM »

I think pork tastes better, but I feel more guilty eating it because I'm Jewish and pigs are more intelligent.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 12:29:47 PM »

There are veggieterians in TX?  Who knew?  Smiley
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 03:21:33 PM »

Beef. The only pork I like is bacon.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies