THE DEBATE FOR THE SPECIAL SENATE ELECTION!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:05:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  THE DEBATE FOR THE SPECIAL SENATE ELECTION!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THE DEBATE FOR THE SPECIAL SENATE ELECTION!!!  (Read 999 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 06, 2015, 05:31:20 AM »
« edited: October 06, 2015, 02:18:19 PM by Classic Conservative »

Welcome to our Debate sponsored by The Mideast Record Courrier and CNN. Your moderators for this evening are two opponents of the political field Pacific Speaker Classic Conservative and Northeast Speaker Evergreen. We'd like to thank Fmr. Senator Talleyrandbull and Governor
Pikachu for attending tonight.

Let's listen to our friend and beautiful singer Taylor Swift sing our National Anthem.

I'm going to turn things over to Ms. Evergreen for the first question.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 09:46:29 AM »

Welcome to our Debate sponsored by The Mideast Record Courier and CNN.

Huh

I'm all for a debate, of course, but I'd prefer to be consulted before the name of my newspaper is stamped on something.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 01:54:56 PM »

Welcome to our Debate sponsored by The Mideast Record Courier and CNN.

Huh

I'm all for a debate, of course, but I'd prefer to be consulted before the name of my newspaper is stamped on something.
Sorry I meant to send you a PM, but I completely forgot, my apologies.

May the Governor and the Fmr. Senator give their introductary statements.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 10:53:04 AM »

Ms. Evergreen and Mr. Classic Conservative,

It is a great pleasure to be here today, and I only wish my inactive opponent had the grace to show up, although I understand he may not have the temerity to face me!

Our nation currently exists at a crossroads, in the worst time in its history, inactive and bogged down by bureaucratic, communist policies. This should be an elections game, not a way for every failure to get a position on their forum resume, and we can't even fill what we have!!!

I promise if elected, to not mince words and implement the 5 point platform I have proposed in my thread.

THE TALLEYRAND PLAN; THE ONLY WAY WE CAN RESTORE OUR GREAT NATION

1. Slash the bloated bureacracy- We need competitive, strong elections, not pointless offices so every dummy can get a position to satisfy his ego! Here is my plan-

-3 regions (or 2 with Northeast Independence), each with 3 legislators, 1 governor and 1 judge.

-The three regional judges convened shall form the Supreme Court.

-A 9 member Senate with 3 regional senators and 6 district senators. Each region will have two districts. Class A will be elected with the president and consist of the regional senators, and Class B will consist of all the district senators and be elected in midterms. The Senate shall be presided over by a Prime Minister, so the senate shall be a partisan body.

-No more Vice President- this is a pointless, idiotic position. The cabinet will be cut down to an Interior Secretary to manage internal affairs and a State Secretary to manage external ones; they shall be tasked with updating the wiki or face dismissal. There shall be a Registrar General and a SoFE. No Attorney General- the President may appoint special prosecutors instead. A Game Moderator shall work with the South Americans to create rich, realistic, and interesting scenarios!

-This plan only has 30 total officials for the game, and if Senators pull double duty in Cabinet, even less!!!

2. Recognize South America and/or the Northeast

-We must inject a realistic notion of foreign policy into Atlasia, and recognize the self-determination of peoples. We must work constructively and creatively with our southern and possibly northern neighbors to replicate some semblance of trade and statehood!!!

3. Clean up the economy

-Eliminate the communist, union-boss policies and create a free-market Atlasia with a strong economy that we can be proud about on the world stage!!!

-We must have a legislative reset to alleviate this crisis.

4. Fix the Constitutional Convention and enforce our laws

-The current constitutional convention is bureaucratic, legalistic nightmare like Atlasia itself. We need to suspend rules and move along with the job instead of wasting time over trivialities such as who should open whatever thread. Let the delegates do their job!!! I will seek a delegate position when one inevitably opens up to promote this.

-Make sure illegal behavior isn't tolerated.

I now open the floor to questions!!! #restoreatlasia

Thank you, and let's make Atlasia great again!!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 07:58:10 PM »

Pikachu's whole campaign so far!!!-

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 08:13:08 PM »

if pikachu hasn't posted by tomorrow, i'll ask the first question anyway
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 08:47:49 PM »

We'd like to remind the candidates that we will not allow or accept slander by either side during the debate.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 08:55:47 PM »

We'd like to remind the candidates that we will not allow or accept slander by either side during the debate.

Mr. Conservative,

I have not slandered Mr. Pikachu; I have merely pointed out his outrageous sense of entitlement with this election!!! How dare he insult the Atlasian voters and take their votes for granted while doing NOTHING!!!

When I'm Senator, I will consult with the Atlasian people to Make Atlasia Great Again!
pikachu
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 10:38:43 PM »

My apologies, I've been abnormally busy these last days.

Basically, I'm standing because I believe that the Senate needs another new voice and new perspective. Currently, Atlasia's progress is being stunted by the rivalries of the old, whether it was the exodus of ANUS or the recent battle over technicalities of Adam's role as RG. Now, I like Talleyrand. Hell, I've even voted for Talleyrand twice. However, I believe now is the time for Atlasia to have to come to a consensus in order to make the game a stronger and more stable place. Surprisingly, me Talley do actually have a lot of agreements on these changes, and I'm hoping as this progresses, I can share more of my plan with the voters.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 07:14:49 AM »

alright, here's our first question for both candidates:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 08:23:20 AM »

Ms Evergreen,

I have proposed a comprehensive plan to create a leaner, more efficient Atlasia and restore activity!!! I hope the delegates will adopt the plan I set forth in my opening statement and decide to cut down on the bureaucratic B.S. that could derail the whole constitutional convention!!!

My opponent, meanwhile, has NO new ideas or policies. He represents the failed, inactive status quo.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 05:07:48 PM »

So basically, I'm in a favor of a three region plan, with each region having a governor, judge, and three representatives. This is fairly similar to Talleyrand, Griffin, and pretty much every mainstream politician in Atlasia. Along with that, I'd go with three regional Senators, elected during the Presidential, one Senator elected at-large and two others elected via districts at the midterm. I'd also keep the Senators (and governors) term limited in order to allow for regularly competitive elections. (One thing I've noticed about this game is that incumbents tend to be really strong unless they do something idiotic or are in the wrong party at the wrong time.) Further on, I'd keep three SC justices, though on six-month terms, and leave the current cabinet structure in place, though allowing those positions to be held concurrently with any other.

I'd like to see recognition of South America, though I do think the vacuum problem is way overstated, and the benefit of playable foreign relations won't be that large. I also support a full reboot, but I figured that was already consensus anyway. Finally, I commend Talleyrand for going full Trump, and providing a really mainstream plan under all that bombast Smiley
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 07:14:10 PM »

Since both candidates have now answered Ms. Evergreens question.

I have two separate questions for both Mr. Talleyrand and Governor Pikachu

To Governor Pikachu: You have long been supportive of abortion. Do you believe that a women should be able to get an abortion at any point in time or should there be some restrictions?

Fmr. Senator Talleyrand: You say that you are a conservative, with that do you support the measures taken by the Pacific Council including changing the names of Sodom and Gomorrah back to their original names and what do you think of the Ron Paul Act of 2015?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 07:48:08 PM »

Mr. Conservative,

As a strong Christian, I believe in religious freedom and support regional rights, in addition to emancipation for our full gay brothers and sisters!!! Let the people decide here, I say. I believe in conservative policies for the people.

That said, these issues pale in comparison to the decline of Atlasia. My opponent is a low-energy quack who has NO new ideas, and is plagiarizing my plan and passing it off as his own!!! So dishonest!!! A naive left-leftist to booth and a TOTAL dummy.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 08:01:50 PM »

Mr. Conservative,

As a strong Christian, I believe in religious freedom and support regional rights, in addition to emancipation for our full gay brothers and sisters!!!

what about the empty gays?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 08:06:30 PM »

Mr. Conservative,

As a strong Christian, I believe in religious freedom and support regional rights, in addition to emancipation for our full gay brothers and sisters!!!

what about the empty gays?

Ms. Evergreen,

And, you know, I have a great relationship with the gay community, as you possibly have heard. I just have great respect for them and you know they like me.

I do not know what an empty gay is, but I assure you my opponent is an empty suit!!!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 08:08:07 PM »

Mr. Talleyrand, no personal attacks of calling your opponent an empty suit and a dummy, will be accepted here. This is not the time for slander.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 08:10:01 PM »

Mr. Talleyrand, no personal attacks of calling your opponent an empty suit and a dummy, will be accepted here. This is not the time for slander.

Mr. Conservative,

With all due respect, I'm not one to mince words. It is difficult to maintain correctness as my opponent wrecks the Northeast and plots to wreck Atlasia!!! I cannot allow the people to be duped by his actions. As someone who has fought for free speech your whole career, you should understand my frustrations!!!
pikachu
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 12:41:34 AM »

I believe that abortion should be available until the last trimester. At that point, it should only be available if the life of the mother is at risk. Also, as much as it might pain Talley, I did not plagiarize his completely consensus plan. I gotta laugh at him saying I'm wrecking the Northeast, considering that he was supporting severing it from the rest of the country literally a week ago.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 05:43:39 AM »

Mr. Conservative,

With all due respect, I'm not one to mince words. It is difficult to maintain correctness as my opponent wrecks the Northeast and plots to wreck Atlasia!!! I cannot allow the people to be duped by his actions. As someone who has fought for free speech your whole career, you should understand my frustrations!!!
I understand your frustration but I don't think it's appropriate for a debate.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 03:16:41 PM »

Thank you, candidates, here's our next question:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 03:45:38 PM »

Ms. Evergreen,

The Northeast is one of the greatest regions of Atlasia, and I was one its greatest Governors in the vein  of Nix, Dallasfan, and Sawx. It has a unique culture and strong history that would enable it to function strongly as an independent nation!!! That said, it is up to the people of the Northeast to make that decision for themselves; if they elect to do so in a referendum, I will make sure the senate does not stand in the way and passes legislation recognizing the Northeast as a new nation!!! We cannot allow our global prestige to be whittled down further!!!
pikachu
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 11:49:51 PM »

Like I've said before, I'd really rather not lead an independent Northeast or be part of the independence transition. If I'm an at-large Senator, quite frankly, my obligation is to the people of all of Atlasia, so I'd hope that me and Altsomn would be able to figure out something with all of the relevant figures to keep on doing our jobs. If I'm still governor when the referendum happens, and it passes, I presume that Clyde will have won the gubernatorial election, so I'd appoint him my LG and resign, since I believe that a NE that wants to be independent should have a leader who wants independence and is willing to deal with all the challenges that involves ASAP, not someone who spearheaded the campaign against it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies