Why I'm Running | Jeb Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:43:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why I'm Running | Jeb Bush
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why I'm Running | Jeb Bush  (Read 1552 times)
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 06, 2015, 02:56:05 PM »

I really wish people saw Jeb Bush's heart and record. I truly believe from an unbiased standpoint that he is the most competent, proven, genuine and compassionate conservative on the GOP side this year.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 03:22:13 PM »

Er, I'm a bit worried about the grammatical errors in such a polished video.

"I know the American people and its ability to innovate." doesn't work because people is plutal.

"Think about incompetent, and in some cases, corrupt, Washington DC is." is missing a how.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 03:23:54 PM »

It just looks like another ad to me. It's not bad but I'm not any more persuaded by it.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 03:25:05 PM »

EliteLX, am I remembering wrong or were you at one time totally against Bush and for people like Paul and Cruz?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 03:28:10 PM »

Just the fact his last name is BUSH is an automatic no go for me. We have had two Bush presidencies now and we do not need another one
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 03:34:25 PM »

Jeb Bush is a loser.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 03:41:21 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2015, 03:49:20 PM by EliteLX »

EliteLX, am I remembering wrong or were you at one time totally against Bush and for people like Paul and Cruz?

You bet, that was me. After Bush's debates, promise to reach out to demographics listening to his policy and hearing his more sensible approaches to conservative beliefs I have done an absolute 180 on him. I came into this thinking the GOP would saddle onto him because the boomers liked dubya' and how big of a disaster that would be but I've come to see how different of a man he really is. The most sensible and charismatic GOP'er in the past three primary cycles, and this is coming from a millennial.

Just the fact his last name is BUSH is an automatic no go for me. We have had two Bush presidencies now and we do not need another one

An approach I completely held to 8 months ago: see the comment above. But we need a candidate who is here to shift the tide, reach out, unite America instead of petty partisan politics and racial division due to false lies of systematic racism, empower an economy by removing all burdening barriers on small businesses and economy powerhouses, .etc. The only thing that scares some of the primary voters away from Bush is his last name instead of listening to the man. He is a man of heart and listening to him screams this, he truly shows to be a leader. I look at him and see a leader, I can not say that for a majority of the others.

What a sound argument! You nimwit lol
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 03:44:55 PM »

Yes, Jeb Bush, the man who makes the Oklahoma couch potato look like an Olympic athlete, is the most charismatic candidate from the last three cycles.

C'mon. You realize Christie is in this race. Rubio has some charisma.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 03:45:03 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2015, 03:46:34 PM by clash »

Look, we've been down this road before. Bush's "optimistic Reaganite conservatism" is just a retread of W's "compassionate conservatism" and HW's "kinder, gentler nation".

Jeb has consistently failed to distinguish himself from Bush I and II because at the core of John Ellis Bush, he's cut from the same cloth as his predecessors. He isn't his own man and in fairness to Jeb, how could he be?
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 03:50:28 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2015, 03:52:25 PM by EliteLX »

Look, we've been down this road before. Bush's "optimistic Reaganite conservatism" is just a retread of W's "compassionate conservatism" and HW's "kinder, gentler nation".

Jeb has consistently failed to distinguish himself from Bush I and II because at the core of John Ellis Bush, he's cut from the same cloth as his predecessors. He isn't his own man and in fairness to Jeb, how could he be?

One thing that worries me about Jeb is his funding base and whether he would ever be forced to retreat from his beliefs at the force of the money people have "payed" for him with. Agreed.

Yes, Jeb Bush, the man who makes the Oklahoma couch potato look like an Olympic athlete, is the most charismatic candidate from the last three cycles.

Christie is the type of president I would truly be embarrassed to have people look at during globally broadcasted announcements from the White House. He also has done nothing for his state and been fiscally unstable. Rubio is not ready for the oval office in my opinion, not nearly as prepared as Jeb at least.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 03:50:39 PM »

Bush should just try and be himself, I mean for GOD's sake everyone knows he's a Bush and the brother of quite possibly the worst President in American history. Maybe if he truly started showing his true self like when he was Governor here maybe he's be doing better, I doubt it, but it could happen. I mean if it's gotten to the point where George has to come out, then it's bad for him. He is just like Romney in that regard, hid his true self and acted how the advisers wanted him to act so he can look "authentic" when in reality we all know he wasn't.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 03:53:32 PM »

Every single candidate could give one of these speeches. Nothing new here. And if we were to view Jeb's record from an unbiased standpoint, we would see he massively benefited from the housing bubble, and got out of the Governorship at the EXACT right time. A monkey could've done Jeb's job just as effectively.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 04:10:53 PM »

One thing that worries me about Jeb is his funding base and whether he would ever be forced to retreat from his beliefs at the force of the money people have "payed" for him with. Agreed.

Christie is the type of president I would truly be embarrassed to have people look at during globally broadcasted announcements from the White House. He also has done nothing for his state and been fiscally unstable. Rubio is not ready for the oval office in my opinion, not nearly as prepared as Jeb at least.

Jeb's beliefs are practically tailored to fall in line with those of the donor class. His entire candidacy is predicated on his ideological commitment to the establishment Pub orthodoxy.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 04:11:30 PM »

So what it seems to be is that Jeb's a loser! Why? Because of the 4% he's garnering in polling and why is this, because he has experience to do the right thing? No, because he's a Bush? no and yes, because he's not as exciting as the Ben Carson's or the Donald Trump? Yes! But Jeb Bush has at least a clue about governing,  creating consensus and doing all the 'boring stuff', he might be 'low energy' as Trump so blithely points out. But he's not a grandstanding show - horse like a certain blow-hard from New York and no, I don't refer to Hillary.  Jeb has his shortcomings,  but at least he's normal, that's a lot more than I can say about Trump. So I'd take Jeb for four or eight years and throw in Sunday and then some.  It's easy to be polling at 4% when you are competing with low life show-off who is polling in the mid teens. Trump by the way is not fullfilling his pledge to drop out if his numbers began to drop. Folk's are tiring of him and his nonsensical antics. So Jeb all the way!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 06:02:52 PM »

Wow! Good lack of bias!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 07:14:25 PM »

I really wish people saw Jeb Bush's heart and record. I truly believe from an unbiased standpoint that he is the most competent, proven, genuine and compassionate conservative on the GOP side this year.

As a Floridian, I've seen Jeb's heart and record.  He eliminated Florida's Intangible Tax, a tax mainly affecting the wealthy, and increased many fees that impacted lower income folks disproportionately.  Jeb allowed Florida's Foster Care system to become a national disgrace, as children were "lost" while under protective supervision. 

No more Bushes.  I'll let the readers of this post decide as to whether or not they've had enough of the Bush Family negatively impacting their lives.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 07:57:39 PM »

As a Floridian, I've seen Jeb's heart and record.  He eliminated Florida's Intangible Tax, a tax mainly affecting the wealthy, and increased many fees that impacted lower income folks disproportionately.  Jeb allowed Florida's Foster Care system to become a national disgrace, as children were "lost" while under protective supervision. 

No more Bushes.  I'll let the readers of this post decide as to whether or not they've had enough of the Bush Family negatively impacting their lives.

I have relatives who lived in Florida during Bush's tenure. Schools improved, taxes were cut, jobs were created, government was privatized and reduced in size, health outcomes improved and the cost of medicaid to taxpayers went down during his tenure, and the pro-life position and the second amendment were protected.

I'd rather have a government funded through fees than taxes. In an ideal situation, we should have very low taxes and user fees - if I use a road, I pay for it and if I don't, I don't pay for it. In my state, fees and taxes are interchangeable because we have excessive taxation. In Florida, with no income tax, low property taxes etc., fees make sense - they enable services to continue without burdening all taxpayers who only take advantage of some services.

As for the Bush family, I can tell you this: this nation was made safer thanks to both of them.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 08:07:32 PM »

What a stupid video. It claims to be about winning and bringing people together but demonizes about half the population with out of place "progressive liberal agenda" language. Jeb just looks and sounds weak. The stock footage attached to it is also contradictory to his platform. It ends with a speeding subway train. Is Jeb going to increase federal funds for public rail? No, he's probably going to slash it.

Generic lame attempt that doesn't tell us why he is running at all. Just a bunch of empty platitudes from an empty suit.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 08:35:24 PM »

I fell asleep watching his ad.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 09:37:44 PM »

There's just no enthusiasm for him outside of the donor base and couple of supporters here and there, if he had no money he'd be in Pataki territory tbh. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 09:41:36 PM »

Did EliteXL get dudeabide's old job?
bobloblaw
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 10:17:37 PM »

What a stupid video. It claims to be about winning and bringing people together but demonizes about half the population with out of place "progressive liberal agenda" language. Jeb just looks and sounds weak. The stock footage attached to it is also contradictory to his platform. It ends with a speeding subway train. Is Jeb going to increase federal funds for public rail? No, he's probably going to slash it.

Generic lame attempt that doesn't tell us why he is running at all. Just a bunch of empty platitudes from an empty suit.

So you want the GOP candidate to reach out to the left?

Jeb cant win because of his brother.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 10:45:53 PM »

There's just no enthusiasm for him outside of the donor base and couple of supporters here and there, if he had no money he'd be in Pataki territory tbh. 

The Bush/Pataki comparison, which I've heard before, is accurate in one area. If Jeb Bush were Jeb Smith, his fundraising would not be nearly as impressive as it is because he's Jeb Bush. Beyond that, I don't think it's fair to suggest that he'd be in Pataki territory without his last name. Pataki is pro-choice, he signed into law some of the toughest gun laws in America, he was a mediocre Governor and some might say I'm being generous calling him that. By contrast, Jeb Bush was a superb Governor - only a few left-wing hacks and a few people who just don't want to like him deny that. Yes, he's moderate on immigration and he's for common core, but he still isn't as moderate as Pataki. Furthermore, despite the criticism that Bush is low energy, he's better than Pataki on the stump; sadly, Pataki shows his age.

Did EliteXL get dudeabide's old job?

EliteXL changed his mind on something, I think while we should stick to our principles, reconsidering positions is okay.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 11:00:15 PM »

Let's be honest - you can't really talk here Mr. "The media is SPOOKED by John Kasich".
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 11:55:54 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies