Opinion of politicus
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:51:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of politicus
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Opinion of politicus  (Read 6338 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2015, 02:00:36 PM »

saying my face is ugly is fine, but me responding that she is acting insane is an "overreaction". I find it hard to buy that you would, from an objective view point, make that choice.

I was wondering about shovelface.  I had assumed that it was some Germanic or Scandanavian reference, and whether she was posting in English at all. 

Not sure what choices I'd make.  Doesn't matter because now I'm over it.  I'm desensitized, as they say.  I'm like the jurors who refused to convict the police who beat Rodney King.  So much exposure has made me think it's all normal.  Post whatever messages you want.  I'm bowing out.

"Skovlansigt" is not a word I have heard used in Danish, but if I should interprint it, there's one of two meanings, one is that Politicus think that Gustaf look like he have been hit by a shovel in the face, two is that Gustaf look like he need to be hit in the face with a shovel. As Politicus have already called Gustaf so ugly that he wouldn't be able to score with the fair gender, I think the first interpretation is the most likely, especially because I have heard ugly people being described as looking like they have been hit with a shovel in the face.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2015, 07:11:30 PM »

Watching the Cards/Cubs game, I'm like 30% drunk.  In an hour I'll probably be more like 75% drunk(specially if the game ends poorly), who should I send threat of violence to via pm?  Whos Cubs fan?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2015, 07:49:08 PM »

saying my face is ugly is fine, but me responding that she is acting insane is an "overreaction". I find it hard to buy that you would, from an objective view point, make that choice.

I was wondering about shovelface.  I had assumed that it was some Germanic or Scandanavian reference, and whether she was posting in English at all. 

Not sure what choices I'd make.  Doesn't matter because now I'm over it.  I'm desensitized, as they say.  I'm like the jurors who refused to convict the police who beat Rodney King.  So much exposure has made me think it's all normal.  Post whatever messages you want.  I'm bowing out.

"Skovlansigt" is not a word I have heard used in Danish, but if I should interprint it, there's one of two meanings, one is that Politicus think that Gustaf look like he have been hit by a shovel in the face, two is that Gustaf look like he need to be hit in the face with a shovel. As Politicus have already called Gustaf so ugly that he wouldn't be able to score with the fair gender, I think the first interpretation is the most likely, especially because I have heard ugly people being described as looking like they have been hit with a shovel in the face.

Oh, I thought it meant having a face shaped like a shovel. It's cute though that Angus cut out the rest of my post which was of course more important. At least he seemed to realize his position was indefensible, even though he seems unwilling to admit it.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2015, 08:12:22 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2015, 08:37:02 PM by angus »

I was wondering about shovelface.  I had assumed that it was some Germanic or Scandanavian reference, and whether she was posting in English at all.  

Not sure what choices I'd make.  Doesn't matter because now I'm over it.  I'm desensitized, as they say.  I'm like the jurors who refused to convict the police who beat Rodney King.  So much exposure has made me think it's all normal.  Post whatever messages you want.  I'm bowing out.

Oh, I thought it meant having a face shaped like a shovel. It's cute though that Angus cut out the rest of my post which was of course more important. At least he seemed to realize his position was indefensible, even though he seems unwilling to admit it.

To be honest, I'd rather be cute than shaped like a shovel.  You seem determined to help us sympathize with politicus, don't you?  Keep turning the screw.  This is what you did to her and you got a rise out of her.  And as everyone can see you are very, very proud of it.  Let's see if you can get me into a rage as well.

I will only repeat that you are acting capriciously.  The most important part of your post seems to be that you have the right to air all the dirty laundry you want.  You can post a picture of the skidmarks in your underwear for all I care, and you can do it while posting that you have the right to do it since the shitstains were made in your own home and not in this forum.  But you still will not convince me that what you do is ethical.  I'm used to it now.  It does not surprise me now, but it remains unseemly.  It may be very important to you to do so, but I'd suggest that to keep repeating that you have the right to act like an asshole is not a defense for acting like one.  It is only a reminder of what everyone already understands.

This is the part of you I don't get.  We have both been posting here for years, and you strike me as well read and intelligent, and sometimes I agree with you and sometimes I don't.  But all that aside, you seem to have a penchant for bullying.  Is this what you did to her?  Do you enjoy acting like Yago from Othello?  Do you think that makes you cool?  You do realize that Shakespeare doesn't want you to like Yago, don't you?  He wants you to like Othello.  Whether he wants you to like that slut Desdemona has never been clear to me, but he definitely doesn't want you to identify with Yago.  

Do you think politicus is "crazy"?  Don't you understand that the real experts, the ones who society expects to decide whether someone is crazy also regularly determine that someone is generally driven crazy by the types of people who bully them into being crazy?  Those are the people like Yago.  You are not doing society any good services here.  You are not helping anyone to heal.  You are only throwing fuel on fires.  You may or may not have created a problem, but you exacerbated it, and in order to wash your hands you want to burn on the stake anyone who upsets you. 

Of course you have the right to post all the personal messages you want to post.  I have never said that you should not.  I am just amazed that anyone would exercise that right.  Especially a moderator.  

And yes, I'll say it:  you really ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2015, 09:18:08 PM »

OK, after reading this rambling nonsense I am now convinced that Angus lives in an alternate universe that works by different rules than ours.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2015, 10:15:17 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2015, 10:18:31 PM by Torie »

"Don't you understand that the real experts, the ones who society expects to decide whether someone is crazy also regularly determine that someone is generally driven crazy by the types of people who bully them into being crazy?"

Not sure what "crazy" means here (not a medical term), but generally really crazy folks (psychotics), are that way for reasons we don't understand very well, and what starts it all, though it does have a genetic correlation, and yes, that makes them more vulnerable to something relatively trivial setting them off on a "break" or whatever.  I tend to doubt, but obviously don't know, that Politicus is in that category, but beyond that, I really don't think you can attribute much of her behavior to much of what Gustaf did, or did not not do, that may be seen by some to be overaggressive or argumentative. She was predisposed to act that way is my guess, at least when drunk (which she admits happens). As I said before, she lashed out at me in a PM (no threats or anything), in a way that really surprised me, was largely inexplicable, and in any event a gross overreaction in my view. I just ignored the PM and moved on, but I did find it strange, and a bit troubling.

Anyway, what happened, happened, can't be undone, and now needs to be dealt with appropriately going forward through the proper channels. At this point, continuing to go back and forth, and back and forth, on it here, serves no useful purpose really.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2015, 05:35:07 AM »

I was wondering about shovelface.  I had assumed that it was some Germanic or Scandanavian reference, and whether she was posting in English at all.  

Not sure what choices I'd make.  Doesn't matter because now I'm over it.  I'm desensitized, as they say.  I'm like the jurors who refused to convict the police who beat Rodney King.  So much exposure has made me think it's all normal.  Post whatever messages you want.  I'm bowing out.

To be honest, I'd rather be cute than shaped like a shovel.  You seem determined to help us sympathize with politicus, don't you?  Keep turning the screw.  This is what you did to her and you got a rise out of her.  And as everyone can see you are very, very proud of it.  Let's see if you can get me into a rage as well.

I will only repeat that you are acting capriciously.  The most important part of your post seems to be that you have the right to air all the dirty laundry you want.  You can post a picture of the skidmarks in your underwear for all I care, and you can do it while posting that you have the right to do it since the shitstains were made in your own home and not in this forum.  But you still will not convince me that what you do is ethical.  I'm used to it now.  It does not surprise me now, but it remains unseemly.  It may be very important to you to do so, but I'd suggest that to keep repeating that you have the right to act like an asshole is not a defense for acting like one.  It is only a reminder of what everyone already understands.

This is the part of you I don't get.  We have both been posting here for years, and you strike me as well read and intelligent, and sometimes I agree with you and sometimes I don't.  But all that aside, you seem to have a penchant for bullying.  Is this what you did to her?  Do you enjoy acting like Yago from Othello?  Do you think that makes you cool?  You do realize that Shakespeare doesn't want you to like Yago, don't you?  He wants you to like Othello.  Whether he wants you to like that slut Desdemona has never been clear to me, but he definitely doesn't want you to identify with Yago.  

Do you think politicus is "crazy"?  Don't you understand that the real experts, the ones who society expects to decide whether someone is crazy also regularly determine that someone is generally driven crazy by the types of people who bully them into being crazy?  Those are the people like Yago.  You are not doing society any good services here.  You are not helping anyone to heal.  You are only throwing fuel on fires.  You may or may not have created a problem, but you exacerbated it, and in order to wash your hands you want to burn on the stake anyone who upsets you. 

Of course you have the right to post all the personal messages you want to post.  I have never said that you should not.  I am just amazed that anyone would exercise that right.  Especially a moderator.  

And yes, I'll say it:  you really ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Your claim that I'm a bully supposes a power imbalance that is hardly there. You seem to assume that this exchange in which you're being very critical of me and I'm being very critical of you constitutes me bullying you. Why isn't it you bullying me? You barged into this  thread calling for me to be ashamed and when I defend myself against your attack I am trying to get a rise out of you?

It's a very odd asymmetry.

Similarly, it seems likely to me that when Politicus posted on here saying I was ugly, unintelligent and lying about my education she was trying to get a rise out of me. One could say that it was eerily similar to bullying even.

For some reason you didn't mind that at all. You did not barge into that thread to say that she should feel ashamed of herself.

So, how is Politicus' nasty attacks on me MY dirty laundry? Now, personally, I think that it is cowardly behaviour to do low and vile things to someone and try to hide it away from other people. People typically abuse the PM system to bully, hurt and intimidate people without others finding out, hiding behind the "privacy" regulations of the forum. I've always stayed away from that because I think it is poor behaviour. I'm ready to stand by what I say to people so I say it in public, leaving me open to attacks from third parties such as you right now.

You seem to prefer a world where those who bully and harass others in private are protected. I really don't see why. Perhaps you are under the misconception that there is some sort of private exchange between me and Politicus. That is not the case. She from time to time sends me angry unsolicited messages where she tries to intimidate me. I respond calmly to them.

Finally, there is this issue of me being Yago. This is ascribing motives to me that you have no basis for. Now, I was of course using crazy in the colloquial sense and not the clinical sense. I have stated, in public, that I am sorry for triggering something with Politicus. She clearly is unstable and has some sort of issue to deal with. This is why I also strongly urged her to seek professional help rather than take it out on me. Your argument seems to be that if it weren't for me she would be fine. I don't think this is true. Note that this started with her complete meltdown at another poster about something unrelated to me. As much of a megalomaniac I may be I think it grossly overestimates my importance to think that Politicus would have gone through life just fine if it only weren't for that darned Gustaf. I suspect events in her real life are more important. I also think that is important for another reason. You seem to think that when she bullied me I should have just borne it in silence because I should have been so condescending towards her that I did not place the same demands on her behaviour as I would on my own. I think that type of bending over backwards for bullies does a huge disservice to other people who may be less tough. This is especially true on a forum like this where many are young and/or struggling with issues like depression. What if I were very sensitive about my looks or intelligence for instance? What if I was paranoid and genuinely thought Politicus would have me killed? The next person she does this too that may be true. Which is why I don't buy this notion that my moral duty is to reward bullying with no negative reaction.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies