Paul Camp Falling On Even Harder Times: DESPERATION
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:38:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Paul Camp Falling On Even Harder Times: DESPERATION
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Paul Camp Falling On Even Harder Times: DESPERATION  (Read 1579 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2015, 04:34:56 PM »

DJ Judd ‏@juddzeez  30m30 minutes ago
Rand Paul's auctioning off the signed copy of "Hard Choices" the Clinton camp sent him. Bidding's already at $300

Wow. Dr. Paul even RT'd that. He's depending on his supporters to buy a book written and signed by the enemy they want to eventually defeat. This campaign might be falling on tougher times than we thought. Incredible that he's willing to sacrifice such a treasure to continue this failing campaign.

P.S. How do I change the privacy settings of this post so that libertarians don't have to see what their movement has come to? Oh, if only Libertas weren't banned from here so I could get the instructions...
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 04:51:16 PM »

Paul might drop out before Piyush!
defe07

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 05:05:27 PM »

I googled this and found an article from NYT talking about this book. By the way, this is fiction and Rand is also offering a book of his called "Taking a Stand". I don't think this is a signal of desperation in his campaign.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 05:12:48 PM »

Paul's campaign may be low on cash but this is more about being desperate for attention and this stunt is actually clever. I bet the other campaigns wish they thought of it first.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 05:25:55 PM »

I googled this and found an article from NYT talking about this book. By the way, this is fiction and Rand is also offering a book of his called "Taking a Stand". I don't think this is a signal of desperation in his campaign.

Look, it's 2015. If you can't accept a RT by the candidate himself as fact, you are lying big-time. There is an accompanying photo if you would just look. Sadly this 19th century forum is unable to embed sick Tweets, bro, but I would've shown you.

Sad that he needs to autograph Hillary Clinton's book for any publicity since he is completely irrelevant. As I said though, this shouldn't have been visible to yellows.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 06:16:21 PM »

Imagine how much worse his money problems would be if the we had the gold standard and no federal reserve, so that the money supply was very limited.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 06:18:13 PM »

Imagine how much worse his money problems would be if the we had the gold standard and no federal reserve, so that the money supply was very limited.

NOOOO, jfern...we would have had ZERO inflation so these donations would have more VALUE. #LibertarianLogic
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 06:29:36 PM »

NOOOO, jfern...we would have had ZERO inflation so these donations would have more VALUE. #LibertarianLogic

Without inflation, there can't be much growth either. Or so say at least 99.9% of every economist, so I guess that's what could be considered a fact by now. One of the reasons why Japan has been in such a turmoil for the past 25 years is that they have barely had any inflation at all, and at times even downright deflation (which is really destroying the growth prospects of an economy).

Ops, now I see you were joking lol.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 06:31:09 PM »

Lolbertarians doing lol worthy things again.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 06:45:30 PM »

Without inflation, there can't be much growth either. Or so say at least 99.9% of every economist, so I guess that's what could be considered a fact by now. One of the reasons why Japan has been in such a turmoil for the past 25 years is that they have barely had any inflation at all, and at times even downright deflation (which is really destroying the growth prospects of an economy).

Ops, now I see you were joking lol.

Good, good! Youre catching on. Please see my last 2600 posts and apply the same logic for your own sanity.
Publius
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 06:56:49 PM »

Legitimacy of the subject aside, he can't win this party's nomination as its currently constituted. That's a pretty desperate situation to be in, re-tweeted auctioning of a Clinton book or not.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 09:00:02 AM »

Time to drop out Rand its over, worry about securing your senate seat and take one more crack at it in 2020 or 2024 if you really want to.

But its time to move on and worry about the senate seat you have.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 09:57:22 AM »

Paul got a big endorsement... from Alex Jones.

More signs of a struggling campaign.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 11:07:00 AM »

But he has such a terrific ground game!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 11:13:35 AM »

Time to drop out Rand its over, worry about securing your senate seat and take one more crack at it in 2020 or 2024 if you really want to.

But its time to move on and worry about the senate seat you have.

I don't get this theory about how he's in some danger of losing reelection to the Senate. No Republican of note would be disrespectful enough to primary him, and what Democrat is going to defeat a republican incumbent senator in KY?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 11:46:01 AM »

This is pretty clever, actually.
sparkey

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: -7.30

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 12:05:13 PM »

Paul got a big endorsement... from Alex Jones.

More signs of a struggling campaign.

As much as reasonable cosmotarians hate the Alex Jones types, they were important allies in the Ron Paul campaign to get his support numbers and small donations up, and there's a good argument to be made that Rand Paul has done more poorly than Ron Paul because he's gone for a cosmotarian/mainstream conservative alliance rather than his father's cosmotarian/conspiracy nut alliance. Jerry Taylor recently made a pretty convincing argument along those lines.

The Alex Jones endorsement for Rand Paul was also not a given. I know that Alex Jones has interviewed and expressed interest in the John McAfee campaign in particular, but I suppose that Jones doesn't see McAfee's campaign as serious (because Alex Jones is serious--lol).

So I'm torn. I preferred the Rand Paul alliance to the Ron Paul alliance in principle, and I don't want to associate with Alex Jones types at all, but accepting their support might boost the candidate I think is the best.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 04:45:07 PM »

It's less that he's in any danger, and more that Republicans and their backers could be forced  to spend dollars to defend what by all rights should be an easy win. Weirder things have happened after all, so even the most entrenched of Senators should at least visit local events and cut ribbons and crap. The Republicans, despite their seemingly limitless coffers, want to focus on Ohio/Nevada/Florida/New Hampshire etc. not on a very blue state with an incumbent senator.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies