Trump says Bowe Bergdahl should have been executed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:40:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump says Bowe Bergdahl should have been executed
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump says Bowe Bergdahl should have been executed  (Read 774 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 08, 2015, 11:05:40 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-says-bowe-bergdahl-executed-213420551--election.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 11:08:49 PM »

I am curious, when did we decide that nothing matters anymore? We execute the Rosenburgs but now we have open communists speaking out in America and we allow it? What changed to suddenly allow all of that? Did I miss something to where the Uniform Code of Military Justice was altered to allow for desertion without repercussions? Did I miss something to where communism was suddenly not an evil thing and we now wanna embrace it or tolerate it?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 11:10:05 PM »

I am curious, when did we decide that nothing matters anymore? We execute the Rosenburgs but now we have open communists speaking out in America and we allow it? What changed to suddenly allow all of that? Did I miss something to where the Uniform Code of Military Justice was altered to allow for desertion without repercussions? Did I miss something to where communism was suddenly not an evil thing and we now wanna embrace it or tolerate it?

Are you against the first amendment?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 11:14:05 PM »

Of course not, but if we would have had a nuclear war before becoming communist when I was a little kid, it seems odd to be in my twenties and have American citizens openly speaking favorably about communism.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 11:22:25 PM »

Of course not, but if we would have had a nuclear war before becoming communist when I was a little kid, it seems odd to be in my twenties and have American citizens openly speaking favorably about communism.
So what if they "speak favorably"? Why would that cause a nuclear war? What are you even talking about?

What changed to allow what wouldn't have been allowed 30 or 40 years ago?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 11:41:46 PM »

So what if they "speak favorably"? Why would that cause a nuclear war? What are you even talking about?

Perestroika and Glasnost? I don't know what you are asking. I'm just very confused at this point.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 11:56:10 PM »

They lost. Overwhelmingly. They still believe in a fantasy religion of death and violence. But in terms of societal threats they're harmless, because we all saw what happened under Communism. And the only Communist countries with nukes are weird variations that incorporate religious/Nationalist doctrine into it.

But in terms of Communists in America, they're just like the American Nazi Party or the KKK or Louis Farrakhan. A nuisance. And our Constitution is stronger than nuisances.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 11:19:46 AM »

Um...Earl Browder, for example, was General Secretary of the CPUSA for decades and was a national figure and, besides for a brief jail sentence, was relatively unmolested during the timeframe in question.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 12:37:51 PM »

Are you saying speaking out in favor of communism should be illegal?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 07:13:59 PM »

Um...Earl Browder, for example, was General Secretary of the CPUSA for decades and was a national figure and, besides for a brief jail sentence, was relatively unmolested during the timeframe in question.

What changed was the realization that during tne anti-Communist hysteria after WWII, many innocent people had their careers and lives ruined for mere suspicion and rumors, or for a mere association.  Perhaps, over time, we came to recognize the full ramifications of the First Amendment and it was time to put up (with dissent) or shut up (dissent) and forfeit the mantle of being a 'Free Country".

People once took Joe McCarthy seriously.  How much different is Tail Gunner Joe from Canadian Ted?
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 07:20:29 PM »

I am curious, when did we decide that nothing matters anymore? We execute the Rosenburgs but now we have open communists speaking out in America and we allow it?

Communists had their own country.  It collapsed under its own weight.  Who in 2015 is so pathetic they would fear the words of communists?  Let them talk and point to their track record of success.  I'm not afraid.  Are you?
JonathanSwift
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 07:27:20 PM »

Well, Bergdahl is a traitor, and should be executed.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies