two more kentucky county clerks to follow in kim davis's footsteps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:08:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  two more kentucky county clerks to follow in kim davis's footsteps
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: two more kentucky county clerks to follow in kim davis's footsteps  (Read 2018 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 09, 2015, 09:16:10 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

cue the shua/jcl crowd lionizing these people in 3… 2… 1…
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 09:27:51 AM »

I guess the clerks had stopped issuing any licenses, and now are starting again, but only for heterosexual couples. It might be a long while before a same sex couple shows up for a license however in these small rural counties, unless same sex couples choose to move there in order to bring a lawsuit ala what happened in Rowan County.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 09:38:29 AM »

The Kim Davis of Casey County is Casey Davis

lol
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 09:50:59 AM »

I've never been more excited to see people hauled off to jail.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 10:10:27 AM »

holyf*k, this is a sh**tstrom of crazies, however I do have to give them admiration they're standing in defiance with their cause, do they have the legal right to do this in this case it's obviously horrible, but what if a county clerk did the opposite and issued licensees to gay people, than that would be heroic so I'm not going to quickly dismiss her for just not obeying law, however she is one sh*ty lady who inspired a cuckoo storm.

PS. Are they democrats, the article won't load up on my mac, if it mentions it on the computer?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 10:20:55 AM »

holyf*k, this is a sh**tstrom of crazies, however I do have to give them admiration they're standing in defiance with their cause, do they have the legal right to do this in this case it's obviously horrible, but what if a county clerk did the opposite and issued licensees to gay people, than that would be heroic so I'm not going to quickly dismiss her for just not obeying law, however she is one sh*ty lady who inspired a cuckoo storm.

PS. Are they democrats, the article won't load up on my mac, if it mentions it on the computer?

Casey Davis is. IDK about the other one.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 10:28:10 AM »

How long will this nonsense go on?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »

I thought for sure they were both Republicans.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 11:49:38 AM »

It's basically a thought crime to be a Dem in either county. Both are part of the uber Pub non coal mountain belt in Kentucky.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 01:27:15 PM »

It's basically a thought crime to be a Dem in either county. Both are part of the uber Pub non coal mountain belt in Kentucky.

This sequence is confusing ... is Casey Davis a Democrat or not, and what party does the other one belong to?  LOL.

But yeah, that area of Kentucky has pretty much been solid GOP since the Civil War.
FDRfan1985
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 09:51:01 PM »

I'm becoming ashamed of being a Kentuckian. Religious business has no place in government affairs.

Casey County borders the county I live in,
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 10:06:48 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2015, 10:11:25 PM by shua »

probably until they figure out a workable protocol for dealing with these situations, which would involve looking at possible accomodations for clerks and employees with religious concerns while still ensuring the ability of gay couples to get legally valid recognition of their marriages.    In short, don't expect it until the legislature meets again and comes up with some legislation on it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies