Mama Free Bird's Economics Plan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:16:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Mama Free Bird's Economics Plan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mama Free Bird's Economics Plan  (Read 2407 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« on: October 12, 2015, 07:39:52 AM »
« edited: October 12, 2015, 07:41:40 AM by Free Bird »

My mom is an accountant and told me this is her idea for the tax code and spending. You guys are Atlas. Tell me what's wrong with it since you're all so good at it. The following is her typing, not me.

. Initially scrap it all so you can rebuild it from the ground up to make all possible tax forms simpler for people to read. There is no reason for it to be so complicated. Then you get the changes.

. Eliminate the income tax, period.

. Institute 20% national consumption tax, with essentials like food, clothes and the like exempt.

. Make a new business tax bracket. Small businesses, the real job creators, will pay little or nothing, and you gradually increase to 30% for large corporations, with no more loopholes (especially the home state loophole), and a 30% added tariff for outsourcing.

. Pass a Balanced Budget Amendment, with the exception of war and other crises, of course.

. Eliminate payroll taxes. Entitle people to the full fruits of their labor! Transition social security into a general budget item instead of its own trust fund funded by payrolls. Eliminate Medicare and Medicaid. Replace them with a space in the budget, which would be built from the ground up every year, that would be changed every year as needed to be used to pay for all the nation's previous year medical expenses. Basically, the government pays the bills.

. Do the same with community college, but through varying grants to the States every year to coincide with the elimination of the Department of Education. (By the way, other departments go away too. See the Plan to Restore America).

. Of course, you can't really balance a budget with such a heavy burden as that, even with the elimination/remodeling of two entitlements with a super entitlement, and funding a whole new level of education, even if it's by proxy.

. Withdraw most foreign aid, close bases, bring troops home, all the generally accepted, but never integrated because Congress is stupid defense cuts.

. If something isn't brought up, assume it is kept the same, but of course simplified.

Okay, then. There are things there I don't believe in there, but I figured I would let you guys dissect my mom's ideas. She's very proud of it.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 04:37:02 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2015, 04:40:25 PM by Free Bird »

a) King, now you're just being a prick for its own sake. She's a controller at a major company.
b) Good discussion. I want to stress that I don't agree with some of the ideas, like the government-billed healthcare for reasons you guys described.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies