Iran tests new precision-guided ballistic missile
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:38:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Iran tests new precision-guided ballistic missile
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Iran tests new precision-guided ballistic missile  (Read 4006 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 12, 2015, 12:27:38 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/11/us-iran-military-missiles-idUSKCN0S505L20151011
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 02:43:53 PM »

Good thing we reached that deal! </sarcasm>
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 02:46:21 PM »

Obama probably got hard when he read this. He'll be happy to do absolutely nothing if Iran attacks Israel while he's still president.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 02:54:59 PM »

Obama probably got hard when he read this. He'll be happy to do absolutely nothing if Iran attacks Israel while he's still president.

I doubt it'll get to that point. Israel is going to attack first to stop them, and then we'll find out if Obama did in fact promise Iran military support to defend its nuclear program.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 03:03:45 PM »

Oh, brother.  An unprovoked missile attack on Israel would benefit Israel infinitely.

Anyway last time I checked Israel doesn't pay any US taxes.  It's time for them to clean up their own messes... on their own dime.  And Europe is closer geographically to Israel than the US.  And there are more European Jews in Israel than American Jews.  Why do you bring up Obama's name?  Why don't you bring up Mark Rutte's name?  Quit bringing up Obama's name in your mess.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 03:08:03 PM »

Oh, brother.  An unprovoked missile attack on Israel would benefit Israel infinitely.

Anyway last time I checked Israel doesn't pay any US taxes.  It's time for them to clean up their own messes... on their own dime.  And Europe is closer geographically to Israel than the US.  And there are more European Jews in Israel than American Jews.  Why do you bring up Obama's name?  Why don't you bring up Mark Rutte's name?  Quit bringing up Obama's name in your mess.
I doubt you're my brother, as opposed to Rubio Republican, but I might be wrong... Do you think Mark Rutte's opinion of Iran becoming a nuclear state matters as much as Obama's opinion? If not, you probably understand my point.

That last sentence is really cute though, thinking you can silence people on the internet Tongue
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 03:08:49 PM »

Roll Eyes

hahahahahahaha. I love it. U.S. Foreign policy helps overthrow Mosadegh in the 50's, and then lets the Shah fall in the '70s...yet iran being run by mental nut cases is the Jews fault. Get a grip on reality.

This is a uniquely American and British problem.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 03:09:42 PM »

Obama has done everything he can to prevent Israel from attacking Iran and is the architect of the deal that makes this kind of thing possible. He's absolutely in on this.

As for your earlier point about "Taxes", I suppose Israel's role as the R&D man for the US military and the exclusive deals for new technology they provide the US with mean nothing.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 03:13:11 PM »

Do you think Mark Rutte's opinion of Iran becoming a nuclear state matters as much as Obama's opinion?

To me?  No.  I don't pay taxes in the Netherlands.  To you?  Yes, judging by your avatar.  I don't drag Rutte's name into every discussion when discussing where my ancestors may have come from.

Israel is a mess because of the actions of Europe in the past.  Quit trying to sneak that debacle onto our books.  You live and pay taxes in Europe.  Talk to your leaders there.  We owe you nothing.  Israel owes us everything.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 03:14:58 PM »

Do you think Mark Rutte's opinion of Iran becoming a nuclear state matters as much as Obama's opinion?

To me?  No.  I don't pay taxes in the Netherlands.  To you?  Yes, judging by your avatar.  I don't drag Rutte's name into every discussion when discussing where my ancestors may have come from.

Israel is a mess because of the actions of Europe in the past.  Quit trying to sneak that debacle onto our books.  You live and pay taxes in Europe.  Talk to your leaders there.  We owe you nothing.  Israel owes us everything.

The US turned its back on the Jews and literally sent them back to die in the ovens because FDR thought it would be bad PR to let them in.

To say the ledger is balanced now would be generous.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 03:15:58 PM »

hahahahahahaha. I love it. U.S. Foreign policy helps overthrow Mosadegh in the 50's, and then lets the Shah fall in the '70s...yet iran being run by mental nut cases is the Jews fault. Get a grip on reality.

This is a uniquely American and British problem.

Once again, ignoring Europe's role in the overthrow of the Iranian government.  Seriously, you live in Europe.  Talk to the European leaders about your perceived problems.  Quit crying to the US every time you stub your toe.  It's been decades.  Time to grow up.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 03:16:29 PM »

So because I live in Europe I can't voice my opinion of the American president on an internet forum? Sorry dude, reality doesn't really work like that Wink
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »

The US turned its back on the Jews and literally sent them back to die in the ovens because FDR thought it would be bad PR to let them in.

Then move to Isreal and open your veins and water their arid soil with your blood.  Why involve the rest of us?  Do you want me to give you a catalog of the people who died in the 20th century that the US didn't send their sons to liberate?

You go by the name "Rubio Republican".  Why don't you tell us about all the oppresed black and mixed race people in Cuba?  Why don't you tell us about all the slaves that were taken to Cuba.  Why don't you tell us why the vast majority of Cuban "refugees" are white middle or upper class people yet most of Cuba is black or mixed race?  How come you don't post about that BS?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/30/opinion/why-are-cubans-so-special.html?_r=0

Total BS.  So you not only ignore the injustices of the white upper class in Cuba you actually fight for their "rights."  And then you have the nerve to chastise people on the internet for not emptying their wallets for Israel half way around the world.  Talk about hypocrisy.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2015, 03:24:33 PM »

Anything they can do to stop Israel from ruining the world im behind
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2015, 03:25:19 PM »

Iran isn't going to attack Israel, they have too much to lose.  They probably wouldn't feel the need to test all these weapons if Israel wasn't constantly threatening to bomb them.  The dumbest thing Israel could do right now is preemptively strike Iran, and turn even more of the world against them.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 03:26:21 PM »

So because I live in Europe I can't voice my opinion of the American president on an internet forum?

No.  The problem is that is all you do.  Where are all your posts about Rutte?  That's all you guys do.  Whine for the US taxpayer to open up their wallet.  A bunch of welfare cry babies.  Spend your own money and fix your own problems.  And if you must ask for help ask the Europeans that are closer and started the whole mess in the middle east.  Quit crying to us.  We've given more than enough.  You should be sending us thank you cards.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2015, 03:31:08 PM »

If Israel is supposedly under so much threat then there should be European troops defending them, with European tax dollars going to fund Israel's military.  I'm tired of Europeans complaining that the US is not doing enough.  Why don't you talk to your own governments?
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 03:35:17 PM »

If Israel is supposedly under so much threat then there should be European troops defending them, with European tax dollars going to fund Israel's military.  I'm tired of Europeans complaining that the US is not doing enough.  Why don't you talk to your own governments?

We know, very clearly, which side Europe at large is on.

The US has always been the counterbalance. Until this administration.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 03:38:51 PM »

Then move to Isreal and open your veins and water their arid soil with your blood.  Why involve the rest of us?  Do you want me to give you a catalog of the people who died in the 20th century that the US didn't send their sons to liberate?

You go by the name "Rubio Republican".  Why don't you tell us about all the oppresed black and mixed race people in Cuba?  Why don't you tell us about all the slaves that were taken to Cuba.  Why don't you tell us why the vast majority of Cuban "refugees" are white middle or upper class people yet most of Cuba is black or mixed race?  How come you don't post about that BS?

Total BS.  So you not only ignore the injustices of the white upper class in Cuba you actually fight for their "rights."  And then you have the nerve to chastise people on the internet for not emptying their wallets for Israel half way around the world.  Talk about hypocrisy.

I'm not really sure what you expect the son of Cuban immigrants who had very little to do with the overall power structure of Cuba (they were rural landowners and economic migrants to the US) to do about the systemic problems in a country he wasn't born in.

And the fact that most of the Cuban refugees were white doesn't really seem to matter to me. If that's the case and Castro was targeting them, they had plenty of reason to flee.

Here's the thing - Israel isn't asking for money. Not as their primary need, anyway. They have a robust economy. They're not even asking for the US to defend them militarily. All they're doing is asking for the US to get out of the way and let them take care of their country.

The US, at least under this administration, has made clear the answer is "no".
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 03:42:11 PM »

I'm not really sure what you expect the son of Cuban immigrants who had very little to do with the overall power structure of Cuba (they were rural landowners and economic migrants to the US) to do about the systemic problems in a country he wasn't born in.

And the fact that most of the Cuban refugees were white doesn't really seem to matter to me. If that's the case and Castro was targeting them, they had plenty of reason to flee.

Here's the thing - Israel isn't asking for money. Not as their primary need, anyway. They have a robust economy. They're not even asking for the US to defend them militarily. All they're doing is asking for the US to get out of the way and let them take care of their country.

How has the US gotten in Israel's way.  Does the US not, as a sovereign nation, have the right to negotiate deals with other countries?  Especially ones that pose a strategic threat to us?  It seems to me that Israel is getting in our way actually, and derailing any hope of a peaceful and friendly Iran.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 03:49:23 PM »

How has the US gotten in Israel's way.  Does the US not, as a sovereign nation, have the right to negotiate deals with other countries?  Especially ones that pose a strategic threat to us?  It seems to me that Israel is getting in our way actually, and derailing any hope of a peaceful and friendly Iran.

There have been many reports that the US told Israel it would shoot down the planes if Israel launched a military strike against Iran. That's why Netanyahu reportedly vetoed the military option not long ago.

That gives the impression that the US values its diplomacy with Iran - a nation that continues to fund terror against US interests and hold US citizens hostage - over the security of Israel.

Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 03:49:57 PM »

I'm not really sure what you expect the son of Cuban immigrants who had very little to do...

I expect him to stop bullsh**tting and tell the truth.  The revolution wasn't about communism and capitalism it was about a white elite suppressing a black and mixed race lower class.

Yeah when the slaves rise up against their masters I do expect the masters to flee.  What I don't expect is for the masters to expect sympathy from me.

And of course you don't care.  America is full of people who don't care about wide spread pervasive institutionalized racism.

Here's the thing - Israel isn't asking for money.

Lol.

Fantasy #1 White middle and upper class Cuban "refugees" are to be pitied
Fantasy #2 Israel isn't asking for money
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 03:51:12 PM »

There have been many reports that the US told Israel it would shoot down the planes if Israel launched a military strike against Iran.

Post a link please.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2015, 04:05:02 PM »

There have been many reports that the US told Israel it would shoot down the planes if Israel launched a military strike against Iran.

Post a link please.

They've denied it, but we do know that Netanyahu abruptly scrubbed a planned military operation at the last minute, so I find it believable.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/1/report-obama-threatened-shoot-down-israeli-warplan/?page=all
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2015, 04:08:05 PM »

Post a link please.

They've denied it, but we do know that Netanyahu abruptly scrubbed a planned military operation at the last minute, so I find it believable.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/1/report-obama-threatened-shoot-down-israeli-warplan/?page=all

If that was true why would Netanyahu or one of his allies not come out with it?  We already know he has no problem poking the administration and the Republicans would jump all over this if he did
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies