Iran tests new precision-guided ballistic missile (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:44:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Iran tests new precision-guided ballistic missile (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iran tests new precision-guided ballistic missile  (Read 4051 times)
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« on: October 12, 2015, 03:03:45 PM »

Obama probably got hard when he read this. He'll be happy to do absolutely nothing if Iran attacks Israel while he's still president.

Oh, brother.  An unprovoked missile attack on Israel would benefit Israel infinitely.

Anyway last time I checked Israel doesn't pay any US taxes.  It's time for them to clean up their own messes... on their own dime.  And Europe is closer geographically to Israel than the US.  And there are more European Jews in Israel than American Jews.  Why do you bring up Obama's name?  Why don't you bring up Mark Rutte's name?  Quit bringing up Obama's name in your mess.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 03:13:11 PM »

Oh, brother.  An unprovoked missile attack on Israel would benefit Israel infinitely.

Anyway last time I checked Israel doesn't pay any US taxes.  It's time for them to clean up their own messes... on their own dime.  And Europe is closer geographically to Israel than the US.  And there are more European Jews in Israel than American Jews.  Why do you bring up Obama's name?  Why don't you bring up Mark Rutte's name?  Quit bringing up Obama's name in your mess.

Do you think Mark Rutte's opinion of Iran becoming a nuclear state matters as much as Obama's opinion?

To me?  No.  I don't pay taxes in the Netherlands.  To you?  Yes, judging by your avatar.  I don't drag Rutte's name into every discussion when discussing where my ancestors may have come from.

Israel is a mess because of the actions of Europe in the past.  Quit trying to sneak that debacle onto our books.  You live and pay taxes in Europe.  Talk to your leaders there.  We owe you nothing.  Israel owes us everything.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 03:15:58 PM »

hahahahahahaha. I love it. U.S. Foreign policy helps overthrow Mosadegh in the 50's, and then lets the Shah fall in the '70s...yet iran being run by mental nut cases is the Jews fault. Get a grip on reality.

This is a uniquely American and British problem.

Once again, ignoring Europe's role in the overthrow of the Iranian government.  Seriously, you live in Europe.  Talk to the European leaders about your perceived problems.  Quit crying to the US every time you stub your toe.  It's been decades.  Time to grow up.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »

The US turned its back on the Jews and literally sent them back to die in the ovens because FDR thought it would be bad PR to let them in.

To say the ledger is balanced now would be generous.

Then move to Isreal and open your veins and water their arid soil with your blood.  Why involve the rest of us?  Do you want me to give you a catalog of the people who died in the 20th century that the US didn't send their sons to liberate?

You go by the name "Rubio Republican".  Why don't you tell us about all the oppresed black and mixed race people in Cuba?  Why don't you tell us about all the slaves that were taken to Cuba.  Why don't you tell us why the vast majority of Cuban "refugees" are white middle or upper class people yet most of Cuba is black or mixed race?  How come you don't post about that BS?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/30/opinion/why-are-cubans-so-special.html?_r=0

Total BS.  So you not only ignore the injustices of the white upper class in Cuba you actually fight for their "rights."  And then you have the nerve to chastise people on the internet for not emptying their wallets for Israel half way around the world.  Talk about hypocrisy.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 03:26:21 PM »

So because I live in Europe I can't voice my opinion of the American president on an internet forum?

No.  The problem is that is all you do.  Where are all your posts about Rutte?  That's all you guys do.  Whine for the US taxpayer to open up their wallet.  A bunch of welfare cry babies.  Spend your own money and fix your own problems.  And if you must ask for help ask the Europeans that are closer and started the whole mess in the middle east.  Quit crying to us.  We've given more than enough.  You should be sending us thank you cards.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 03:49:57 PM »

I'm not really sure what you expect the son of Cuban immigrants who had very little to do...

I expect him to stop bullsh**tting and tell the truth.  The revolution wasn't about communism and capitalism it was about a white elite suppressing a black and mixed race lower class.

And the fact that most of the Cuban refugees were white doesn't really seem to matter to me. If that's the case and Castro was targeting them, they had plenty of reason to flee.

Yeah when the slaves rise up against their masters I do expect the masters to flee.  What I don't expect is for the masters to expect sympathy from me.

And of course you don't care.  America is full of people who don't care about wide spread pervasive institutionalized racism.

Here's the thing - Israel isn't asking for money.

Lol.

Fantasy #1 White middle and upper class Cuban "refugees" are to be pitied
Fantasy #2 Israel isn't asking for money
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 03:51:12 PM »

There have been many reports that the US told Israel it would shoot down the planes if Israel launched a military strike against Iran.

Post a link please.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 04:11:01 PM »

Oh, god no.  Please.  Give us a real source.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 07:16:13 PM »

hahahahahahaha. I love it. U.S. Foreign policy helps overthrow Mosadegh in the 50's, and then lets the Shah fall in the '70s...yet iran being run by mental nut cases is the Jews fault. Get a grip on reality.

Once again, ignoring Europe's role in the overthrow of the Iranian government.

1. I'm American, so no...I don't live in Europe (and even if you are going by my avatar...I don't live in Israel, which is also not in Europe).

Doesn't matter who you are or where you live Europe was involved in the Iranian overthrow.

2. "Preceived Problems"? You honestly have to be a certain type of naive to believe Iran is not dangerous.

A smoke detector with a weak battery is "dangerous."  That doesn't mean you launch a military attack on it.  You really do see the world in black and white... that's dangerous.

3. You are, along with Green Line, the one who needs to grow up. America is the greatest country in the world, far and above, but that does not mean it cannot be criticized.

We've been giving Israel more money than any other country for decades.  If Israel has criticism of us what about subSaharan Africa?!  $3 billion dollars of tax payer money a year!  And that buys us some constructive criticism?!  I know you're Jewish but... that's not the way Christmas works.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 08:04:23 PM »

Also, I do not see the world in black and white..you, however, clearly do. This idea that Iran is not a threat to peace and stability across the world is ridiculous.

Who on this forum has ever said Iran is not a threat to peace and stability?

The policy of using foreign aid as a leash on American allies needs to end.

Translation:  "Thank you American taxpayer for $3 Trillion a year"

Not only that, if you have issues with Israeli criticism of President Obama's Anti-Israel stances...

If we did a global poll of world citizens only a lunatic minority would consider President Obama "anti-Israel."  Get a grip.

But, it seems like you are someone who thinks any dissent should be punished, so it's like arguing with a fascist.

Wow.  Disgree with a Jew and you are Hitler.  No, not crazy at all.  Perfectly well reasoned conclusion.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 09:18:11 AM »

Not that I want to wade into this quagmire, but since Ray has been dropping his inane conspiracy theories again:
http://forward.com/opinion/321927/an-alternative-vision-of-israeli-security/?attribution=author-article-listing-3-img

Thank you.

We should set a few other things straight.

1.  There is no one on this forum that hates Jews or wants to see any harm come to any Jew anywhere on the planet simply because they are a Jew.  Making this hysterical claim only serves to alienate people.

2.  There is no one on this forum that wants to see the state of Israel attacked and/or destroyed.  Making this hysterical claim only serves to alienate people.

3.  President Obama is not "antiIsrael".  Making this hysterical claim only serves to alienate people.

4.  Israel over the decades has received a ludicrous amount of cash and moral support from the US taxpayer way out of proportion to anything any other country on the planet has received and certainly way out of proportion to anything Israel has ever done for the United States.  And certainly way out of proportion to what Israel "deserves" or is "owed."

5.  Follow up to point 4.  The United States along with help from European forces stopped the Holocaust.  There are plenty of other massacres that occurred on this planet where the United States didn't even send a get well soon card.

6.  There are millions of people on this planet who went through some really bad stuff during the twentieth century that have never received $2.9 billion a year from the US Tax payer and if they had would be very grateful to President Obama and not insult him in his own home.  Frankly even without the $2.9 billion they are respectful to the guy no matter where they encounter him.

And in conclusion I just want to address the bizarre statement in another thread that the United States is somehow beholden to Israel because of the 1953 Iranian coup and because the United States "allowed" the Shah to be toppled.  The Shah was an oppressive dictator.  We are in no way obligated to get in bed and stay in bed with brutal dictators just to make Israel happy.  The Iranian people have a right to self determination.  If they picked Khomeini and didn't realize how bad he was that's not the United States' fault.  Self determination means being free to make your own mistakes.  I love how certain Jews on this forum argue Jews need a homeland so they can have self determination but criticize everyone else who wants to give Iranians the same thing... Well not even the same thing.  We allow Israel to possess nuclear weapons and deny the same to Iranians.  There are a little over 6 million Jews in Israel...  There are 80 million Iranians.  Who's self determination should we cater to if we are forced to pick?  I don't want anyone attacking anyone else in the middle east.  But we need to stop talking like 6 million Jews are more important than 80 million Iranians.

And I leave you all with this...

Early in the twentieth century the King of Belgium ruled over Congo and killed HALF the population.  Millions more Congolese died under the rule of Leopold II of Belgium than Jews died in the Holocaust.  The Congolese holocaust is never even mentioned in textbooks and yet we send $2.9 billion a year to Israel.  Are people beginning to see why American tax payers are getting a little fed up with the state of affairs?

And by the way the millions of Congolese that died don't include all the ones that had their hands chopped off...

Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 10:26:12 AM »

And I am SO sick and tired of people who think bringing up other "obscure genocides" as a gotcha to Jews is some sort of legitimate point.

10 million Africans murdered is "obscure".  The language you use to talk about non Jews...

Also, the US did not "stop the holocaust". The Allies stopped the regime perpetrating it, thus ending it, for separate reasons. The claim of anything else is a lie.

Amen. Schadenfreude is just proving that he's an antisemite.

Wow.  "Antisemite" because you want to treat Jews as equals of all people.  Amazing.

And what troops did the United States send to Congo to stop the even bigger genocide?  I am not talking about "stopping the holocaust" in absolute terms.  I'm talking about "stopping the holocaust" relative to "stopping every other holocaust."

Any sane objective person will tell you relative to every other aggrieved group the United States has done infinitely more for Israel than a long list of other people who were massacred.  Money is finite.  Every group whether they be black, native American, senior citizens, college students, corporations (they are people after all), Planned Parenthood, etc. has to justify their request relative to everyone else asking for money.  That is not a feature that is peculiar to Jews.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 10:37:15 AM »

Nothing Schadenfreude has posted is anti-semetic. Questioning the unflinching and uneven US support for Israel is not anti-jewish. As someone who supports Israel and thinks it is a great country you guys are doing a terrible pr job for it. Calling people anti-semetic is pathetic and only stifles legitimate debate

Yeah.  The good thing about it is I know a lot of Jewish people and they are very kind warm open giving people.  Frankly my feelings on the situation are probably closer to some of Moderate Hero Republican's.  I think Europe and the United States should open their doors and encourage Jewish emigration from Israel to their lands and provide financial support to have them resettled within all of our borders.  The people who wish to stay in Israel may, but they will be given a deadline to become self sufficient.

An alternative is the whole world gets together and agrees on a partitioning of the land in Palestine and some kind of global fund to compensate Palestinians.  Then we can have a UN force in place to implement the plan and keep stability for a set number of years.  We can also turn Jerusalem into an international city or some kind of demilitarized zone or neutral ground.

Bottom line is this situation by any objective measure has taken a disproportionate amount of time, money, and energy.  It is ludicrous that the world can't sort this out after decades.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 10:47:17 AM »

Also, your bizarre and borderline insane ranting on the 1953 coup is deliciously pathetic. The U.S. helped put the Shah in POWER, therefore when he is allowed to fall and psychopaths replace him...it is not a stretch to claim that the U.S.  has some responsibility in it. Same goes for Europe.

Well good luck telling anyone in Europe or anywhere else in the world we are beholden to Israel and must give them $3 Billion/yr and our vote on the security council in perpetuity because we allowed a dictator's people to rise up against him almost 40 years ago.

It's amazing how you call the majority of the world's citizens "bizarre," "borderline insane," "deliciously pathetic," and "antisemites".  I think you should read my posts, look at how voting typically goes at the UN and reexamine your opinions.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 12:34:51 PM »

I mean, I'm not a Stalinist hack like TNF, but the US didn't end the Holocaust even accidentally. All the major death camps were liberated by the Soviets.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3067988/Let-s-Nazi-dogs-Enraged-horrors-Dachau-concentration-camp-arriving-liberate-WWII-prisoners-American-soldiers-executed-50-Germans-cold-blood-reveals-new-book.html

If those guys who committed a war crime out of sheer rage because of what they found at Dachau could read what is being said... I don't even know.  This Israel thing ceased making sense decades ago.

And regardless of how you want to spin and forget the tremendous sacrifices of our boys the fact remains even in your fanciful retelling of history they still did more than the US did for Congo.  Given how much we give Congo after the slaughter of 10 million Congolese and the $3 billion a year we give Israel... I am astonished anyone would have the guts to say Israel is "owed."  That's gratitude for you.  Time for the US taxpayer to get out of this game.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 01:43:27 PM »

What I'm arguing against is Schadenfreude's pathetic revisionism that America did something other than the absolute minimum to win the war and therefore the Jews should feel grateful. It's condescending and patronizing in the absolute worst sort of way. It's the intellectual equivalent of arguing Stalin was good for the Jews because he liberated Auschwitz.

Is it a language problem?  Do you not understand the word "proportional"?  Or is this just an attempt not to answer the question?

Proportionally the United States did more to end the Holocaust than they did to end the massacre of the Congolese... which involved millions more lives.  In 2015 proportionally the United States gives way more foreign aid to Israel than Congo.  That is a fact.  How that entitles President Obama to being disrespected in his house on national TV by the Prime Minster of Israel I still don't understand.  The United States owes Israel nothing.  The Israelis should be grateful for $3 billion/yr and the perpetual vote on the security council.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 02:26:16 PM »

What I'm arguing against is Schadenfreude's pathetic revisionism that America did something other than the absolute minimum to win the war and therefore the Jews should feel grateful. It's condescending and patronizing in the absolute worst sort of way. It's the intellectual equivalent of arguing Stalin was good for the Jews because he liberated Auschwitz.

Is it a language problem?  Do you not understand the word "proportional"?  Or is this just an attempt not to answer the question?

Proportionally the United States did more to end the Holocaust than they did to end the massacre of the Congolese... which involved millions more lives.  In 2015 proportionally the United States gives way more foreign aid to Israel than Congo.  That is a fact.  How that entitles President Obama to being disrespected in his house on national TV by the Prime Minster of Israel I still don't understand.  The United States owes Israel nothing.  The Israelis should be grateful for $3 billion/yr and the perpetual vote on the security council.
That's because we were never at war with Congo.  Otherwise we never would have lifted a finger.

I think you mean at war with Belgium.

And it is irrelevant.  What actually happened was we gave proportionally more help to the Jews then and for DECADES after way more help to Israel.  This is not something that is in dispute.  We haven't been at war with Germany for over half a century and yet we are still giving Israel $2.9 billion/yr.

Guys I'm just astonished by this conversation because it is such a disproportionately large amount over half a century.  No one is advocating attacking Israel or throwing Israel to the wolves.  The only conversation I'm having is why not bring it in line with international norms?  Does that really make one an antisemite?

In another thread I actually suggested cutting off aid to Egypt.  Interestingly no one called me anti Muslim or anti Arab.  What are we to gather from that?
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 05:13:51 PM »

Again, as I noted before, US aid to Israel is largely a relic of the Cold War- when Israel and the Arab countries oriented to different blocs. Even that didn't really start until (IIRC) the 6-day war.

Cold war has been over for decades and we are still giving Israel more money than any other country we currently aren't conducting a war in.

I think given the fact I advocate for a very liberal immigration policy for Jews and I support spending billions a year to help Jews settle in my country I am not an antisemite.  I actively encourage Jews to move in next to me and I would gladly pay taxes to see that happen.

I also don't have a problem with Israel other than us subsidizing them and giving them our vote on the security council.  I never agreed with the creation of Israel but now that it exists I would defend perhaps the 1947 borders.  I would definitely defend some kind of Jewish homeland... with my own life if it came to it.  And not because Jews deserve it or because I owe it to them, but because of the generosity and kindness Jews have shown to me.

I just think the whole of the middle east needs to chill out.  There are just too many fake religious and historical fights.  If we can defuse the situation by relocating a lot of Jews to the United States at our expense I think that is what we should do.  This BS about 2,000 year old do overs needs to stop.  If we were to redraw maps based upon what was going on 2,000 years ago this planet would be a chaotic mess... by which I mean more of a chaotic mess than it currently is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies