CNN Las Vegas, NV Democratic debate @9pm ET **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:03:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CNN Las Vegas, NV Democratic debate @9pm ET **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26
Author Topic: CNN Las Vegas, NV Democratic debate @9pm ET **live commentary thread**  (Read 17501 times)
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: October 13, 2015, 10:13:58 PM »

65.34% think Sanders won the debate, 22.74% for Hillary on this online poll from San Diego.

Source: http://fox5sandiego.com/2015/10/13/poll-who-won-the-cnn-democratic-debate/

Online poll = automatic trash

They said that about ALL of the online polls declaring that Trump won the first Republican debate. Guess who surged after that debate? Donald Trump.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #601 on: October 13, 2015, 10:16:50 PM »

Anyone else here have an even more negative opinion of Clinton now after this debate?

Me.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #602 on: October 13, 2015, 10:19:31 PM »

Time for the grades

Hillary, she did what she needed to do. Of course the people who hate her are going to say she did bad, but to those undecideds and soft supporters she proved herself

Sanders: He was a crazy old man. His supporters like that, but it came off as off-putting to say the least

O'Malley: If Sanders falls, he will be the recipient of his support. Did very well, no bad gaffes. Obvious that he is running to be a cabinet appointment under Clinton with his attack on Sanders and guns.

Other two: One was racist and the other a babbling buffoonery. Nothing more.

On Sanders, that's coming from an undecided who was leaning to him until tonight.

How the flying F UCK was Jim Webb "racist"?  Some of you are so afraid of what other people will call you that you've adapted absurd views.  Webb isn't gaining any points with the groups he needs to, but to call him racist is literally slander.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #603 on: October 13, 2015, 10:20:21 PM »

Maybe Lessig will gain double digits after this terrible debate.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #604 on: October 13, 2015, 10:20:55 PM »

Since we've decided it's racist to say "All lives matter" then is Hillary Clinton sexist for this?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #605 on: October 13, 2015, 10:21:32 PM »

1. O'Malley

2. Clinton, Sanders
3. Webb

4. Chafee

How anyone can rank it differently is beyond me.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #606 on: October 13, 2015, 10:21:51 PM »

Time for the grades

Hillary, she did what she needed to do. Of course the people who hate her are going to say she did bad, but to those undecideds and soft supporters she proved herself

Sanders: He was a crazy old man. His supporters like that, but it came off as off-putting to say the least

O'Malley: If Sanders falls, he will be the recipient of his support. Did very well, no bad gaffes. Obvious that he is running to be a cabinet appointment under Clinton with his attack on Sanders and guns.

On Sanders, that's coming from an undecided who was leaning to him until tonight.

How the flying F UCK was Jim Webb "racist"?  Some of you are so afraid of what other people will call you that you've adapted absurd views.  Webb isn't gaining any points with the groups he needs to, but to call him racist is literally slander.

Yeah I'm tired of this "Jim Webb is neo-confederate, racist dixiecrat" meme.

JerryArkansas, what did Webb say that was racist?
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #607 on: October 13, 2015, 10:22:13 PM »

That was the biggest joke of a debate I have witnessed in the longest time. Bernie is officially pulling the democratic party so far left it's ridiculous. When the candidates we're asked whether illegal's would be granted free college tuition, they all stormed around "absolutely" and "oh of course!"

Does anybody who's a liberal watching this actually believe any of this bullsh**t? Hillary is talking out of her ass. My view, although I don't know how, lowered yet even further tonight. She and her half-assed smirk is the most lying disingenuous pandering piece of sh**t mainstream flipflopping politician America has seen in recent decades.

God Bless You Bernie, at least you believe what you say.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #608 on: October 13, 2015, 10:23:20 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2015, 10:25:00 PM by JerryArkansas »

Time for the grades

I'll admit that saying he was racist is a poor choice of words, but I doing this as a democrat sitting at home, not as an objective viewer of the show.  Was what he said racist to me, no.  However to the typical democrat at home, yes.  In my personal option, I dont' find it so bad, but this a democratic debate.  At least try to know the people you are speaking too.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #609 on: October 13, 2015, 10:24:19 PM »

How the F*** can anyone say Jim Webb was racist?! Seriously, thats the dumbest comment of the night.  Think before you slander a good man like Jim Webb, JerryArkansas you boob.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #610 on: October 13, 2015, 10:25:04 PM »

How the F*** can anyone say Jim Webb was racist?! Seriously, thats the dumbest comment of the night.  Think before you slander a good man like Jim Webb, JerryArkansas you boob.

These are Democrats you're talking to. Merely disagreeing with them is considered racist.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #611 on: October 13, 2015, 10:25:31 PM »

Time for the grades

I'll admit that saying he was racist is a poor choice of words, but I doing this as a democrat sitting at home, not as an objective viewer of the show.  Was what he said racist to me, no.  However to the typical democrat at home, yes.

That doesn't make any sense.  Was it racist or not?  If you don't think it was then don't say it was.  You sound like a politician
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #612 on: October 13, 2015, 10:26:03 PM »

But but but Webb said affirmative action for blacks only! Dat's racist!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #613 on: October 13, 2015, 10:26:32 PM »

Since we've decided it's racist to say "All lives matter" then is Hillary Clinton sexist for this?

You've been sounding like a Republican lately.  Come over to the dark side Marokai!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #614 on: October 13, 2015, 10:28:06 PM »

But but but Webb said affirmative action for blacks only! Dat's racist!

Haha, that actually would be more technically racist than saying it should be only based on socioeconomic status ... but you'd never know that from listening to a bunch of Democrats arguing.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #615 on: October 13, 2015, 10:28:21 PM »

You've been sounding like a Republican lately.  Come over to the dark side Marokai!

I'm not secretly right-wing, I'm just a pedant.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #616 on: October 13, 2015, 10:29:52 PM »

I'm not secretly right-wing, I'm just a pedant.

I guess your PM score indicates you're looking at the whole thing from pretty far on the left, but not all Republicans are "right-wing."
Higgs

Political Matrix

« Reply #617 on: October 13, 2015, 10:36:03 PM »

Time for the grades

Can you give a specific example where Webb said something racist?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #618 on: October 13, 2015, 10:43:28 PM »

Time for the grades

I'll admit that saying he was racist is a poor choice of words, but I doing this as a democrat sitting at home, not as an objective viewer of the show.  Was what he said racist to me, no.  However to the typical democrat at home, yes.  In my personal option, I dont' find it so bad, but this a democratic debate.  At least try to know the people you are speaking too.   
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #619 on: October 13, 2015, 10:43:54 PM »

What Webb said was not racist by the dictionary definition most people use.

It was definitely racist by graduate school 1101 Introduction to Intersectionality standards, which is the standards that are being used in a Democratic debate.
Higgs

Political Matrix

« Reply #620 on: October 13, 2015, 10:45:04 PM »

Time for the grades

Dude I have no idea what you just said.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #621 on: October 13, 2015, 10:47:32 PM »

Time for the grades

Do I think he was racist, no.  Does a typical democratic supporter, yes.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #622 on: October 13, 2015, 10:51:42 PM »

Time for the grades

Do I think he was racist, no.  Does a typical democratic supporter, yes.

Anything even remotely Conservative is considered racist by Democrats. Look at how many of them call Carson an Uncle Tom.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #623 on: October 13, 2015, 10:57:58 PM »

DWS is on Fox news right now, she looks dreadful, and she's completely humiliating herself.  Megyn Kelly asked her about banning her vice chair from the debate, and DWS said "You know I think what really matters is that today we had a very substantive debate, much moreso than the Republicans in their ten hours of debates."  Megyn looked like she was going to murder her.  DWS noticed and decided to actually answer the question with "you know, my vice-chairwoman focuses too much on process, what we really need to focus on is how horrible the Republicans are blah blah blah"

She's so terrible
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #624 on: October 13, 2015, 11:00:40 PM »

Grade time.

Hillary Clinton: B-

A solid performance, and probably the winning one. I think she absolutely neutered Chaffee when she declined to respond to his attempts to bring up the email scandals. I think she appeared genuine when she spoke about her grandchildren, and handled questions about flip flopping well for the most part. But she still lacks that basic likability and would have a tough time against a younger opponent (a Paul Ryan or a Marco Rubio type) in a general election debate. Still, I was impressed.

Bernie Sanders: C+

He probably will stall after this performance. I just found him boring, repetitive, and at times outright crazy. We'll see how he does in future debates, but I definitely have a hard time seeing him as the nominee. As Ron Paul changed a generation of young Republicans, so has Sanders changed a generation of young Democrats. That is an accomplishment in its self.

Martin O'Malley: C+

Probably goes up a hair in the polls, but he failed to come across as the "reasonable" liberal alternative to Hillary. His Veepstakes stocks go up, though.

Jim Webb: C

He'd be much better off running as some sort of populist independent at this point. His line about killing a VC during the war would make crowds at a GOP crowd go wild for a solid five minutes, but was met by dead silence tonight. He is in the awkward position of being too liberal for the GOP and too conservative for the Democrats.

Lincoln Chaffee: F

Give him a break, his dad just died and it was his first time debating.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies