Presidential Debates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:08:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  Presidential Debates
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Debates  (Read 776 times)
SillyAmerican
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 13, 2015, 08:49:37 AM »

Just curious what folks think about the strangle hold the DNC and RNC have over the presidential debates? I believe the process had a bit more legitimacy back when the League of Women Voters ran things. Granted, there's always going to be the tension between having too many people on the stage and leaving somebody out that should really be included. Having looked outside the major parties during the last presidential cycle (and ultimately casting my ballot for Governor Gary Johnson of New Mexico), is it legitimate for the Democrats and Republicans to be able to shut out dissenting views so completely? I mean, Mr. Johnson was a two term governor with a solid voting record, yet he was not considered to be enough of a "legitimate" candidate to warrant a spot at the debate. Fast forward to today: Donald Trump continues to enjoy unbelievable media coverage, even while more "traditional" candidates struggle to voice their positions. Any suggestions on formulating a better way?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies