The People's Convention: October 2015 (Endorsement VOTING)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:27:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Convention: October 2015 (Endorsement VOTING)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The People's Convention: October 2015 (Endorsement VOTING)  (Read 1545 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 13, 2015, 12:13:01 PM »
« edited: October 21, 2015, 10:03:31 AM by Duke »

Hello and welcome to the third annual Convention of The People from sunny insert your preferred city here.

Please sign in below and we will get started, discussing platform, bylaws and The Party's overall place in an ever changing Atlasia.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 02:49:13 PM »

x Harry S Truman
pikachu
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 04:40:37 PM »

x pikachu
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 04:46:31 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2015, 04:24:31 PM by Barnes »

Seeing that I am friends with the great majority of the members of The Party, I would like to speak very frank as friends are apt to do.

This election will be crucial in deciding the fate of Atlasia. The ConCon is making fairly encouraging progress at the moment, but any work that comes from those deliberations will be for naught if our democratic institutions are allowed to wither away and die in the interim.

In my long period involved at every level of politics of this game over six years I possess both the ability and dedication to advance both activity and progress in the Mideast and in Atlasia. I would be honored to have your support.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 04:08:31 PM »

Mr. Chairman,

What with the election only a few days away, I move that we progress immediately to an endorsement vote. To that end, I recommend the nomination of Griffin and Duke for President and Vice President; likewise, I suggest we endorse Rpryor, Barnes, and PiT in their respective Senate races.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 05:17:28 PM »

Mr. Chairman,

What with the election only a few days away, I move that we progress immediately to an endorsement vote. To that end, I recommend the nomination of Griffin and Duke for President and Vice President; likewise, I suggest we endorse Rpryor, Barnes, and PiT in their respective Senate races.

To that end, I also suggest that we endorse Blaire for Northeast Governor.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 05:19:04 PM »

I humbly request the endorsement of TPP in the Northeast Senate race. I am set to give RPryor a good trashing and restore democracy to the region, and to the Senate.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 05:19:59 PM »

Mr. Chairman,

To that end, I also suggest that we endorse Blaire for Northeast Governor.

I second this.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 12:27:10 AM »

Not sure if you remember this Duke from three years ago when you were first starting the TPP, but enjoy.

Parties are revived on 80's music. Never forget that. Tongue
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 08:29:35 AM »

Mr. Chairman,

I thank my fellow senator, and I also request the TPP endorsement.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 09:16:31 AM »

Thank you all for your interest in The Party's endorsement. I am now opening the floor for speeches by candidates seeking our endorsement who are not members of The Party.

Tell us, why should we endorse you? What will you do for us? Who is your favorite president of Atlasia and why?

We await your answers!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 01:19:22 PM »

Thank you all for your interest in The Party's endorsement. I am now opening the floor for speeches by candidates seeking our endorsement who are not members of The Party.

Tell us, why should we endorse you? What will you do for us? Who is your favorite president of Atlasia and why?

We await your answers!

If they say "Duke" do they get endorsed?  Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 02:05:34 PM »

Mr. Chairman, Delegates:

I have asked for The Party's endorsement because I want to bill a strong and energetic coalition of all Mideasterners to deliver action and vitality to the Senate.  I know many of you very well, and I hope you know that every time I have been active in this game over a six year history, I have excelled in the jobs that I have held. 

However, this election is not about the past.  It cannot be.  We must, finally, look solely towards Atlasia's future and dispense with the burdens and baggage of the past years that have saddled down the game and brought it to the brink of dissolution. 

The sustained energy that finally produced the Constitutional Convention has, I believe, allowed for an injection of new activity and passion among active players in the game.  I have said many times over the last few days about how important this election is, and that is something that I firmly believe.

I have already outlined the first pieces of legislation that I will introduce in the Senate.  These include a lower and middle-class tax cut as well as significant investments in small businesses.  Furthermore, I will introduce a resolution expressing the Senate's support for the Paris Climate Conference and call on the President to lobby strongly on Atlasia's behalf for a global solution to climate change.

Everyone that plays this game goes through ups and downs with activity.  Sometimes one finds the game to be fun and dynamic, and at other times it becomes boring and sterile.  I am very excited to be running for office and I want to use my candidacy to get citizens of the Mideast interested in federal politics again.  That is my goal.  That is why I am running as an independent.  Beyond a simple and petty desire to win, I want to provide people with something interesting that they can enjoy and use to reconnect them to this game.

I would be honored to have your support.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 02:14:15 PM »

Despite the fact that Duke is the Griffin's running mate, I'd like to be considered for your Presidential endorsement. I'll be able to post a speech tomorrow.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 04:10:07 PM »

Friends, I'd be blessed to receive your endorsement as Governor of the Northeast. The race is going to be about one key theme-who can provide the security and stability that the Northeast needs. We face an independence referendum that could flip the region on it's head-we need a safe pair of hands at the wheel no matter what happens. I've served as an Assemblyman, Senator and Cabinet Officer over the last 9 months, and I've had the honour of working with many fine figures from TPP. Ultimately the People's Party was always about being able to reach across the aisle and work together-I've been endorsed by people from across the political spectrum, from assembly members to Senators. I've got the broad support meaning that I can unite the region.

Most importantly I'm a firm supporter of the Northeast remaining part of Atlasia. I've always fought for that, and I know the People's Party always has. As I've said many times in this campaign there's nothing progressive about leaving Atlasia when it's the Senate that's provided HIV/AID's drugs to vulnerable people, when it's the Senate that's reformed the police and when it's the Senate that gives people access to LegalAid.

This campaign should also be about the future. I've got a bold plan for Governor which includes cutting taxes for the poorest in society, an economic boost to provide jobs and a new education charter for the Northeast. I've got a record of getting results, I've got a record of working across the aisle and I've got a record fighting for progressive causes. Thank you
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 07:24:39 PM »

Shall we vote?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 09:59:25 PM »

It's time.

Who are all the candidates? Barnes, Cris and Blair bothered to speak at our convention
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 03:15:50 AM »

Dear delegates of The People's Party, I'm honored to adress your party Convention.

This presidential election is maybe the most crucial election of my Atlasian history. The next President will have to deal with various issues and I think I'm the most qualified person for the job.

The next President will have to get our government back to work. Our current federal government is inactive. Important Cabinet spots (like the GM) are vacant. When the Senate was dying, I ran and won the election for Speaker and then the Senate started to work well again. When I'll be President, I'll do the same with the Cabinet. It'll start to work well again.

The next President will have to deal with the Constitutional Convention.
I'm a strong promoter of reform and I was one of the leaders of the movement for Constitutional Convention. I strongly supported and advocated for this Convention, even when things were not going well. Then we succesfully activated the Convention, that's being held in these days.

The next President will have to deal with the movement for Northeast Independence.
I'm a supporter of an united Atlasia. I think that united we stand, divided we fall and a separate Northeast from Atlasia wouldn't benefit any part. As President, I'll do my best to keep our country united, but the voice of Northeastearns will be heard. Despite I'm against secession, I think regions should have more powers and independence from the federal government on important issues.

The next President will have to act on diplomacy with South America. My philosophy on this is that we should let South America play their game and that South America should let us play our game. This means that there will not be attempts of expansion in the bordering state of Mexico (Griffin proposed it) and that we'll keep diplomatic relationships with South America.

I know your Chairman is running in a ticket with Griffin. Both Duke and Griffin are nice and active people, but I disagree with the Labor Party Chairman on various policy and politics issues. To make some examples: I remember when he attacked the Lumine administration for a "witch hunt" that never happened.
I want to have good diplomatic relationships with South America. And we can't achieve that with an expansion of the map to Mexico, that would only create tension with South America and a lot of inhabited areas.

Thanks for the opportunity.
God bless you, God bless The People's Party and God bless Atlasia.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2015, 03:59:31 AM »

Dear People,

I won't take up too much of your time here. I think the case for choosing me as your nominee is really simple.

I am the strongest - and only - candidate who has a chance of holding this game together by the seams over the next four months. Forget ideology. Forget partisanship. Forget who's nicer. You need someone who is battle-tested and ready to take on the charlatans that want to destroy this game, dismantle it bit by bit, and cause chaos wherever they go. I get stuff done, and nobody can argue with that.

My main opponent simply isn't strong enough to lead this country right now. He will get steam-rolled by these forces that seek to cause chaos and harm the game - if not end it entirely - at every turn. He's too nice, frankly, to deal with them. Many are hiding in the shadows right now, not revealing their true intentions...but if/once they are elected, you will see their true forms. His tenure in multiple capacities has coincided with a decay of the game at-large, whereas my absence in many respects from crucial elements of the game over the past few months has likely caused a vacuum (take a look at when I was banned, for instance, as the last instance of this: everything fell apart in the two weeks I was gone). However, I will not let this happen again as President.

My Vice-Presidential candidate and I offer a decade's worth of experience to lend to this game in its time of greatest need. If we aren't enough to save it, then I don't know what will. I, frankly, don't want to know that the alternative might be if we don't make the right decision as a country. This very well may be the last meaningful vote you cast in this game, so consider it very carefully.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2015, 10:06:44 AM »

Unless the rules have changed since I left, a ticket with a TPP member is automatically endorsed.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 05:02:09 PM »

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 05:47:22 PM »

That's true. We won't make an endorsement in the presidential race since yours truly is on the ticket.

Can someone give me a list of people running? I'm on my phone, been working 60 hour weeks recently, and I can't see all the candidates.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2015, 06:14:10 PM »

These are the candidates who have requested our endorsement outside of the presidential race:

FOR SENATE (NE)
Rpryor (CR)

FOR SENATE (ME)
Barnes (Ind)

FOR GOVERNOR (NE)
Blair (Lab)
pikachu
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2015, 11:24:35 PM »

FOR SENATE (NE)
Rpryor (CR)

FOR SENATE (ME)
Barnes (Ind)

FOR GOVERNOR (NE)
Blair (Lab)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2015, 10:03:09 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2015, 10:38:24 AM by Duke »

Okay friends, let's vote on who we want to endorse given we have so many burning down our doors for our love.

NE Senate:
[ ] oakvale
[ ] Rpryor

ME senate
[ ] Barnes

NE governor
[ ] Blair

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies