How do I start my own party?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:14:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  How do I start my own party?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do I start my own party?  (Read 829 times)
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2005, 08:41:50 PM »

How do I?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 08:44:21 PM »

Im pretty new to the fantasy election part of the forum, but i would ask President Alcon if i were you. He should know how.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 08:46:17 PM »

By registering under that party's name, basically.  How formal you want to make the party is up to you.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 08:48:01 PM »

Why don't any of the current parties fit your ideology? There are basically three parties representing conservatives. If you just want a party to excersize your own ambitions then it won't go far(believe me, it's happened plenty of times).

And I doubt that many people will want to join the party of such a new member with limited clout and experiance.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 08:51:39 PM »

Well all you have to do is register under a new party name in the Registration Thread. Come up with a name for your new party and register with that new party name. After that you can do whatever you want. You could try to expand your party by coming up with a platform and bylaws and try to recruit people or you can keep it a one man party.

My suggestion to you though is that if you do not find a party that you like register as an Independent. That way you can keep yourself away from the current parties without starting a new one. I would also suggest that you try and join a party though especially if you are new. It can be hard to learn the ins and outs of Atlasian politics when you are an independent, although many have done quite well at it like Mideast Governor Joe Republic.

My advice to both of you would be to look over the HQ thread on this board and over the Government Directory on the Government board. Also look at the AtlasWiki. That has tons of information about Atlasian history, politics, and people. Everything you need to know is in there.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 08:52:58 PM »

Why don't any of the current parties fit your ideology? There are basically three parties representing conservatives. If you just want a party to excersize your own ambitions then it won't go far(believe me, it's happened plenty of times).

And I doubt that many people will want to join the party of such a new member with limited clout and experiance.

I agree with Kodratos.  One member parties are just silly, especially if that member is a newbie.
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 09:14:22 PM »

Thanks for the advice guys Smiley
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 09:27:31 PM »

Not another populist! Wink
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 10:42:08 PM »

You should register to vote! Wink
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 10:48:44 PM »

I will once I have enough posts Wink

Thanks
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 10:50:33 PM »

I will once I have enough posts Wink

Thanks

I was talking to Kodratos, but while we are it: you should, too! Wink
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 10:54:33 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2005, 10:56:55 PM by Kodratos »

I am, unless somebody has removed my name from the registration list. Wink
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2005, 11:04:49 PM »

You missed a few elections so I don't think you are on it. Wink
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2005, 11:16:19 PM »

You missed a few elections so I don't think you are on it. Wink

That is correct.  I think your name was removed after the last election, though True Democrat would know for sure.

We'd like to have you back in Atlasia, and all.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies