You guys are screwed.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:09:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  You guys are screwed.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: You guys are screwed.  (Read 6440 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2015, 10:00:37 PM »

Guys, you have to admit, this is weak stuff. This debate is boring as hell.

This. I was hoping for something interesting at least. Instead it was really boring. Even a policy debate would have been more interesting than this snoozefest.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2015, 10:05:04 PM »

Biden needs to enter ASAP.

Or, I dunno, Schweitzer or Gilllibrand or literally anybody. Jerry Brown? Hickenlooper?
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2015, 10:19:58 PM »

Biden needs to enter ASAP.

Or, I dunno, Schweitzer or Gilllibrand or literally anybody. Jerry Brown? Hickenlooper?

Anyone But These Five Losers 2016!
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2015, 10:27:47 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2015, 10:30:49 PM by EliteLX »

Moderate democrats must be embarrassed tonight. Truly.

Boring better than crazy? Everything that was said tonight was fuxking ridiculous (see: free university tuition for illegal immigrants a no-brainer?) and creating a new massive government program for every letter of the alphabet for all our problems is going to be footed on the bill of your children. Do you people actually think about these policies? Honestly, do you?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 10:30:01 PM »

Well, first of all, four of these guys are never going to get anywhere near the nomination.

Second of all, Clinton's performance tonight was many times better than anything we saw in the Republican debates. She really dominated to a degree that no one else has yet this cycle. The GOP needs to get their sh!t together ASAP.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2015, 10:30:59 PM »

Well, first of all, four of these guys are never going to get anywhere near the nomination.

Second of all, Clinton's performance tonight was many times better than anything we saw in the Republican debates. She really dominated to a degree that no one else has yet this cycle. The GOP needs to get their sh!t together ASAP.

Rubio was the only one close to her level.  I would love to see those two go head to head.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2015, 10:31:57 PM »

She was flip flopping on a bunch of issues, even her answer to her first question made absolutely no sense. There's a reason why an inexperienced Senator with a funny name beat her in 2008. She's not winning anything.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2015, 10:32:42 PM »

I won't get into the GOP debate, but I thought Clinton was a lot more mediocre than most here seem to think.  Shoot, I think O'Malley was better than her.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2015, 10:32:47 PM »

Rubio was the only one close to her level.  I would love to see those two go head to head.

Yeah, Rubio is the only candidate that Clinton should be worried about at this point, IMO. We'll see if he can get out of the primaries though.
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2015, 10:32:55 PM »

This? This is your A squad? Really? After all that snark during the GOP debates, THIS is what you present? Wow.

Well it's a good thing we don't elect "squads" for president then.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2015, 10:33:02 PM »

Hillary's beatable, but the top current top 3 Republicans (Trump, Carson, Cruz) will struggle to get 200 electoral votes against her. I'd be way more worried if I were a Republican.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2015, 10:34:13 PM »

Am I dreaming, or this actually not a trolling post by you? Tongue Anyway, preach it brother. Smiley
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2015, 10:35:02 PM »

Am I dreaming, or this actually not a trolling post by you? Tongue Anyway, preach it brother. Smiley

My posts are like a box of chocolates, old friend.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2015, 10:36:28 PM »

Imagine if Hillary were in 4th behind Roseanne Barr, some random Communist doctor, and Alan Grayson right now. Then we'd really be screwed.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2015, 10:39:10 PM »

Clinton did well, but she didn't kill it like Carly did
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2015, 10:39:22 PM »

Sanders did the Democratic Party a huge service with his comments on Hillary's e-mails.  He got it that the Democrats' chances in 2016, and not just Hillary's, are tied in part to make the e-mail issue go away.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2015, 11:08:21 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2015, 03:29:48 PM by I support Sanders »

I don't understand your point. Five people with extensive political experience and a wide variety of [reasonable] views debated important, substantive issues. There was no name-calling, and no serious discussion of abortion or gay marriage. Sanders and Clinton both did very well, and many people might add O'Malley and Webb to that mix; Chafee, not so much. How are Democrat screwed? Considering Republicans don't stand a chance at winning the 270 electoral votes required to win the election, it appears Republicans are screwed.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2015, 11:19:37 PM »

I don't understand your point. Five people with extensive political experience and a wide variety of[reasonable] views debated important, substantive issues. There was no name-calling, and no serious discussion of abortion or gay marriage. Sanders and Clinton both did very well, and many people might add O'Malley and Webb to that mix; Chafee, not so much. How are Democrat screwed? Considering Republicans don't stand a chance at winning the 270 electoral votes required to win the election (although a John Kasich ticket would be competitive for OH, VA, and FL), it appears Republicans are screwed.
OH NO TEH FIREWALL
Reginald
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2015, 11:19:38 PM »

I don't understand your point. Five people with extensive political experience and a wide variety of[reasonable] views debated important, substantive issues. There was no name-calling, and no serious discussion of abortion or gay marriage.

muh entertainment lol where is that stud Uncle Joe
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2015, 11:37:52 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I agree with this part.  It was a very substantive debate about the issues and the disagreements the candidates have on the issues.  In the GOP debates the candidates were ripping each other with personal attacks and talking about Rosie O'Donnell.  So I don't know what the Republicans on this site are talking about.  It's easy to see who the adults are in this race and which party is more unified.  As Ana Marie Cox predicted before the debate:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
seanNJ9
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2015, 01:26:02 AM »

Guys, you have to admit, this is weak stuff. This debate is boring as hell.

This. I was hoping for something interesting at least. Instead it was really boring. Even a policy debate would have been more interesting than this snoozefest.

I guess discussing the issues doesn't interest you. I'm sure Dancing with the Stars was on...
seanNJ9
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2015, 01:27:23 AM »

Republican frontrunner is Donald Trump and the Democrats are screwed?

That is rich.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2015, 01:39:50 AM »

The only thing that becomes obvious from reading this thread is that there are a lot of Republicans who are so addicted to soundbites, white hot anger and the whimsical ramblings of the American equivalent of Admiral General Aladeen that they're going into adrenaline withdrawals at the sight of an actual, measured, adult debate.

Even the "moderates" are frothing at the mouth over this! Can you imagine what will happen if there is suddenly an orderly and rational election for Speaker? The virus is now universal and terminal - time to put it down.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2015, 01:50:18 AM »

Moderate democrats must be embarrassed tonight. Truly.

Boring better than crazy? Everything that was said tonight was fuxking ridiculous (see: free university tuition for illegal immigrants a no-brainer?) and creating a new massive government program for every letter of the alphabet for all our problems is going to be footed on the bill of your children. Do you people actually think about these policies? Honestly, do you?

I was going to post something similar. Personal politics aside, the meanness coming out of the debate was quite disturbing. I mean, talking enemies being the NRA and the Republicans, that's alot of people. There are alot of NRA members. There are alot of Republicans. I didn't hear Republicans talking about how our enemies were teachers unions or black people or those who might vote against Republicans. It really comes across mean-spirited.

It's quite clear the Democrats have moved drastically left. Like, hardcore. Free college for illegal immigrants? Most Americans based on polling don't even want them in the country, you think they want them getting free college? Dude...this is like hardcore radical stuff. This is not Clinton/Gore '92.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2015, 01:54:26 AM »

I was going to post something similar. Personal politics aside, the meanness coming out of the debate was quite disturbing. I mean, talking enemies being the NRA and the Republicans, that's alot of people. There are alot of NRA members. There are alot of Republicans. I didn't hear Republicans talking about how our enemies were teachers unions or black people or those who might vote against Republicans. It really comes across mean-spirited.

Right, because every other Republican talking point isn't along the lines of "Democrats are the enemy"; the entire voting bloc just had a collective unspoken epiphany and arrived at that conclusion themselves.

It's quite clear the Democrats have moved drastically left. Like, hardcore. Free college for illegal immigrants? Most Americans based on polling don't even want them in the country, you think they want them getting free college? Dude...this is like hardcore radical stuff. This is not Clinton/Gore '92.

Your concern-trolling of "the Democratic Party left me (even though I never was one and have been screaming the same things for over a decade)" never gets old, and I mean that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies