PA-PPP: Clinton and Sanders weak, Biden stronger
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:32:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PA-PPP: Clinton and Sanders weak, Biden stronger
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-PPP: Clinton and Sanders weak, Biden stronger  (Read 5146 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2015, 12:41:15 PM »
« edited: October 16, 2015, 12:26:05 AM by Tender Branson »

Clinton/Carson: 43/47
Clinton/Christie: 41/45
Clinton/Rubio: 42/45
Clinton/Trump: 43/45 (lmfao)
Clinton/Fiorina: 42/43
Clinton/Kasich: 41/39
Clinton/Bush: 45/40
Clinton/Cruz: 46/40
Clinton/Santorum: 47/39
Clinton/Huckabee: 47/38

Sanders/Carson: 36/44
Sanders/Trump: 42/46
Sanders/Fiorina: 38/40
Sanders/Rubio: 40/41

Biden/Carson: 46/44
Biden/Trump: 45/43
Biden/Rubio: 45/41
Biden/Fiorina: 46/40

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2015/10/toomey-leads-narrowly-for-reelection-presidential-matches-split.html
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 12:44:10 PM »

If anything, this is a little concerning for Toomey, as it seems he's only matching the Republican candidate, who will be unlikely to win PA in the end.  I'm used to seeing Toomey get +10 or higher in polls, so this is a bit weak for him.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 12:48:08 PM »

Wait a moment: Christie is the strongest GOP hopeful along with Carson?
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 12:54:32 PM »

Huh, interesting.

Surprising a bit but nothing too unreasonable with Hillary's current national standing. Christie though? Hell freezes over before Christie has a +5 margin in PA in a GE.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 02:25:41 PM »

Huh, so I was right it seems.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 02:28:57 PM »

HAHAHAHA! The 4 I like are beating Clinton and the 4 I hate are trailing Clinton in order of how much I hate them!! Too classic! I am THE stereotypical Pennsylvania swing voter. (Won't even both discussing Rick and Mike haha)

The only one that doesn't align with my vote is Sanders would beat Fiorina for me. Too much.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 03:05:33 PM »

My father is a two time Obama voter (hasn't voted GOP since Dole) and he supports Trump. It wouldn't surprise me to see the GOP make new inroads here next year.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 05:48:54 PM »

Morning Call seems to be more accurate Clinton leads by 2 43-41 percent. As Fox and PPP are overpolling GOP and especially Carson.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 06:09:16 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2015, 06:10:59 PM by EliteLX »

Morning Call seems to be more accurate Clinton leads by 2 43-41 percent. As Fox and PPP are overpolling GOP and especially Carson.

>Result surprises me
>I don't like result

You back up that Morning pollster must be more accurate here with absolutely zero sound proof just because you dislike a result and it surprises you. Now, I don't agree that we're seeing people like Christie up by five (not reality), but that's not the point. You have zero support for your claims of overpolling & that randomly the Morning Call pollster was more accurate, and thus your claim is fabricated. With current nationwide numbers for Carson and Rubio and such, it's not really a surprise they are well within the margin of error and even rather close in a state like PA.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 06:35:08 PM »

My father is a two time Obama voter (hasn't voted GOP since Dole) and he supports Trump. It wouldn't surprise me to see the GOP make new inroads here next year.

Went to dinner for my birthday two nights ago with my mother and her husband. Both of them voted Obama in 2008 and 2012. I joke with her I think she is the perfect barometer of who will win the election. She is a female swing voter in the Ohio suburbs. I asked her Hillary vs. Trump. There was a long pause. Trump.

It made my night a little better haha
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 07:28:48 PM »

You back up that Morning pollster must be more accurate here with absolutely zero sound proof just because you dislike a result and it surprises you. Now, I don't agree that we're seeing people like Christie up by five (not reality)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Why is Christie not up 5? A neighboring state where all the swing voters are located on the border of his state and retain a high opinion of him while GOP voters are beginning to love him again (not in the primary vote but in terms of favorabilities). This result does not surprise me one bit. Swing voters near me love Christie. They don't feel victimized by Bridgegate. They aren't harmed by the teacher unions. So they think, maybe he's mildly corrupt, but he's ultra-charismatic and will get things done. The anti-libertarian things that harm him out west are not in play here. Christie is almost certainly up.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 09:45:30 PM »

Hillary doesn't feel "real" to a lot of people. Trump does. Obama did. Biden does.

People's perception of her as another fake, lying politician of course lets people like Trump gain ahead of her.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 01:23:21 AM »

>Result surprises me
>I don't like result

You back up that Morning pollster must be more accurate here with absolutely zero sound proof just because you dislike a result and it surprises you. Now, I don't agree that we're seeing people like Christie up by five (not reality), but that's not the point. You have zero support for your claims of overpolling & that randomly the Morning Call pollster was more accurate, and thus your claim is fabricated. With current nationwide numbers for Carson and Rubio and such, it's not really a surprise they are well within the margin of error and even rather close in a state like PA.

No, PPP is off because the QU poll has Trump at 39 percent approval and Clinton at 42 percent approval enough for Clinton to win 51/49.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 01:43:37 AM »

Definitely a state to watch next year.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 01:55:28 AM »

Went to dinner for my birthday two nights ago with my mother and her husband. Both of them voted Obama in 2008 and 2012. I joke with her I think she is the perfect barometer of who will win the election. She is a female swing voter in the Ohio suburbs. I asked her Hillary vs. Trump. There was a long pause. Trump.

How many of these fake stories have you come up with over the years? I think I've lost count.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 02:04:53 AM »

How many of these fake stories have you come up with over the years? I think I've lost count.

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday.  He’s been to the Atlas forum a few times.  Mostly just lurks, but I often fill him in on some of the more colorful goings on here.  Pretty much a down the line average internet denizen whose opinions about Atlas posters probably reflect those of the average Joe.  Anyway, I asked him how many times he thinks Naso has made up a story like this.  There was a long pause, as he contemplated the question.  Finally, he answered “at least 30”.

I don’t know if this number is right, but my friend’s enough of a barometer of popular sentiment that I’d take his estimate seriously.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 03:46:19 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2015, 03:49:24 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Compared to Clinton,
Sanders is -4 against Carson
-1 against Trump
-1 against Fiornia
and +2 against Rubio

Not bad considering PPP always seems to be the worst pollster for Sanders. Some of their tweets and press releases have seemed straight from the Hillary campaign.

Also, why'd it take them 4 days to release a poll?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2015, 07:23:22 AM »

I swear to God. We were at Texas Roadhouse having dinner Tuesday night. Don't be an as**ole.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2015, 11:47:03 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2015, 03:48:57 PM by EliteLX »

>Result surprises me
>I don't like result

No, PPP is off because the QU poll has Trump at 39 percent approval and Clinton at 42 percent approval enough for Clinton to win 51/49.

I'm not sure where you are reading up on politics but if you think Clinton having a nationwide approval rating of 38-42% means an extremely confident nationwide 51% win you are literally off rocker. Not quite how it works. You also continue to speak as if it's March 2015 and Trump is dominating in the polls, we've got a minute before Trump has his hands anywhere close to the nomination.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2015, 02:05:13 PM »

>Result surprises me
>I don't like result

lol

I'm not sure where you are reading up on politics but if you think Clinton having a nationwide approval rating of 38-42% means an extremely confident nationwide 51% win you are literally off rocker. Not quite how it works. You also continue to speak as if it's March 2015 and Trump is dominating in the polls, we've got a minute before Trump has his hands anywhere close to the nomination.

Aren't you the guy who thinks Jeb Bush is going to win the nomination and the election?

lol
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2015, 03:37:27 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2015, 03:49:11 PM by EliteLX »

>Result surprises me
>I don't like result

lol

Aren't you the guy who thinks Jeb Bush is going to win the nomination and the election?

lol

Simply Amazing. Atlas Liberal #5 to fire an irrelevant attack that has no main connection to the argument made in defense of something you don't like to hear or feel threatened with. You guys must embarrass some of the competent and mature liberals around this community.

Anyways, no I'm not that guy. I'm just the guy who does happen to currently support Jeb Bush for the nomination, but is not certain on who will come out with it next year. I, and many mainstream political scientists and junkies, realize Jeb could realistically win a tight GE against Hillary Clinton in 2016. Polling nationwide supports this isn't unreasonable. Despite it being early on, Hillary Clinton is in the sh**tter with the eyes of the nation and is weak in normally solid D states. Which is no surprise, as she is a consistently pandering and lying broad who's electability is attained from her celebrity status not her ability to lead the country. So, my thoughts are everything but unreasonable but thank you though.

Do yourself a favor and elect a politician who actually believes what is coming out of their mouth, at least throw Bernie in the ring. Hillary will literally switch up & chalk together anything further and further left to hold progressive voters' eyeballs on her and you guys are too idiotic to see it. In that way, she behaves like Donald Trump does for the Republicans.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2015, 03:56:50 PM »

>Result surprises me
>I don't like result

lol

lol

Simply Amazing. Atlas Liberal #5 to fire an irrelevant attack that has no main connection to the argument made in defense of something you don't like to hear or feel threatened with. You guys must embarrass some of the competent and mature liberals around this community.

Anyways, no I'm not that guy. I'm just the guy who does happen to currently support Jeb Bush for the nomination, but is not certain on who will come out with it next year. I, and many mainstream political scientists and junkies, realize Jeb could realistically win a tight GE against Hillary Clinton in 2016. Polling nationwide supports this isn't unreasonable. Despite it being early on, Hillary Clinton is in the sh**tter with the eyes of the nation and is weak in normally solid D states. Which is no surprise, as she is a consistently pandering and lying broad who's electability is attained from her celebrity status not her ability to lead the country. So, my thoughts are everything but unreasonable but thank you though.

Do yourself a favor and elect a politician who actually believes what is coming out of their mouth, at least throw Bernie in the ring. Hillary will literally switch up & chalk together anything further and further left to hold progressive voters' eyeballs on her and you guys are too idiotic to see it. In that way, she behaves like Donald Trump does for the Republicans.

lol joke post lol
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2015, 04:01:01 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2015, 04:02:40 PM by EliteLX »

>Result surprises me
>I don't like result

lol

lol

lol joke post lol

> Homestate: New York
> Political Affiliation: Liberal
> Millennial
> Self described as Edgy

Should of known not to respond, lol.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies