What other poster do you think is closest/furthest from you politically?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:36:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What other poster do you think is closest/furthest from you politically?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What other poster do you think is closest/furthest from you politically?  (Read 2319 times)
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 09:05:38 AM »
« edited: October 21, 2015, 09:18:00 AM by Alex 🍒🎹👻 »

Closest: I don't know, take your pick of the many socially liberal, moderate Republicans on the site.  Though I will say I'm probably a little more (what they would call) "corporatist" than our more libertarian-minded Republicans.

Furthest: Probably Miles or MormDem?  I don't know, the socially conservative populist folks.

Also, fun fact: "FURTHEST" should always be used if the "distance" you're talking about is conceptual in nature (this instance), while "FARTHEST" should only be used for physically measurable distances.

Thank you. Fixed.
Fun Fact: Not really
"Farther and further are comparative adverbs or adjectives. They are the irregular comparative forms of far. We use them to talk about distance. There is no difference in meaning between them. Further is more common" Cambridge  Dictionaries
 "Farther and further both mean at a greater distance, and they are used interchangeably in this sense. In the United States, though, farther is more often used to refer to physical distances, and further more often refers to figurative and nonphysical distances.. (...)This is not a rule, however, and further is often used for physical distances. The distinction does not exist in the U.K. and elsewhere in the (British) Commonwealth of Nations, where further is preferred for all senses of the word and farther is rare." Grammarist
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies