FL-13: Crist running
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:24:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-13: Crist running
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FL-13: Crist running  (Read 5126 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 05:46:12 AM »

DAMNING INDICTMENT

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 02:38:00 PM »

He should win easily. It'll probably be within single digits, but he'll win.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2015, 03:13:27 PM »

That seems like a polite way to say that you're a sleazeball, good for nothing P.O.S. Smiley
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2015, 09:21:51 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2015, 09:24:52 AM by MohamedChalid »

Uhm.. I think it's a to short time since his last defeat to run again. He'll probalbly lose another time and after that he'll be completely done. Noone likes permanent Office seekers, who lose all the time.

If I were Crist, I would wait until 2018 to run for governor again. Maybe he tries to use the congressional seat as stepping stone for either the governorship or the Senate when Bill Nelson retires.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2015, 11:52:50 AM »

For all intents and purposes Charlie Crist is now a Democrat. Its time we red avatars treated him like one.

Until a few years down the road when he becomes a libertarian or green.

People keep making this joke, but let's remember that Crist is an opportunist, not a lunatic.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2015, 07:32:56 PM »

I wish him well. It is a shame for Floridians that he lost the election if only for the fact that he would have expanded Medicaid to more uninsured Floridians. I hope he wins the seat, and then comes back as Governor 4-8 years from now, and if he makes a name for himself as a progressive legislator or governor within his new Party, I'd like to see him on a presidential ticket somewhere down the road.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2015, 12:30:30 AM »

For all intents and purposes Charlie Crist is now a Democrat. Its time we red avatars treated him like one.

People keep making this joke, but let's remember that Crist is an opportunist, not a lunatic.
If he's an opportunist, he'll stay in the Democratic Party. If he truly evaluates his ideals, he'll do like Mike Gravel and leave the Democratic Party to become a Libertarian, because Crist is a libertarian. That said, I voted for him in 2014, and would again if he runs for Governor.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2015, 12:43:41 AM »

If he's an opportunist, he'll stay in the Democratic Party. If he truly evaluates his ideals, he'll do like Mike Gravel and leave the Democratic Party to become a Libertarian, because Crist is a libertarian. That said, I voted for him in 2014, and would again if he runs for Governor.

There is no evidence for this whatsoever.  As governor of Florida, Crist was known as a moderate, not libertarian.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2015, 12:47:04 AM »

There is no evidence for this whatsoever.  As governor of Florida, Crist was known as a moderate, not libertarian.

An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2015, 02:37:20 PM »

I think it looks better if they're from a smaller state. Dave Freudenthal or Brian Schweitzer representing their states wouldn't look as bad. Even if Tomblin represented WV-03.

I don't think it looks bad at all if they're from a small (3 or 4 EV) state.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2015, 02:54:50 PM »

I wish him well. It is a shame for Floridians that he lost the election if only for the fact that he would have expanded Medicaid to more uninsured Floridians. I hope he wins the seat, and then comes back as Governor 4-8 years from now, and if he makes a name for himself as a progressive legislator or governor within his new Party, I'd like to see him on a presidential ticket somewhere down the road.

Yeah....no. If you didn't notice, expansion of Medicare this year already caused a massive fracas in the legislature and while Rick Scott admittedly didn't help with his incredibly stupid hospital funding plan, the primary force in the state stopping expansion of Medicare is actually the House, specifically, the incoming House Speaker who led what he called a "great crusade" against it. Charlie Crist wouldn't be able to act without the legislature  and he wouldn't have the spine to fight them anyway. Medicare would fall by the wayside as Crist would negotiate to get some kind of populist goodie to pave the way for a future campaign.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2015, 01:04:01 AM »
« Edited: November 02, 2015, 01:13:49 AM by I support Sanders »

I agree. I don't understand the hatred from the left of Charlie Crist. Like Lincoln Chafee, he was a moderate Republican who had no qualms about disagreeing with his Party's leaders, and when the Party kept moving right-ward, he and Chafee left to become independents and eventually moderate Democrats. Charlie is actually to the left of Hillary, and would make a better President. As a progressive in Florida, I am still bitter that he lost to Rick Scott.

When are Democrats in Florida gonna tell this guy to  f-- off?
We're not. We actually like him, are bitter that he lost the Governorship, and I think he'd make a great VP for Bernie Sanders.

Charlie is a moderate Democrat, too moderate for the Greens, too fiscally liberal for the Libertarians; he is right at home in the Democratic Party, as is Lincoln Chafee. If the Tea Party tail keeps wagging the GOP dog, I expect John Kasich, Lindsey Graham, and George Pataki will one day become conservative Democrats.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2015, 01:09:24 AM »

I agree. I don't understand the hatred from the left of Charlie Crist. Like Lincoln Chafee, he was a moderate Republican who had no qualms about disagreeing with his Party's leaders, and when the Party kept moving right-ward, he and Chafee left to become independents and eventually moderate Democrats. Charlie is actually to the left of Hillary, and would make a better President. As a progressive in Florida, I am still bitter that he lost to Rick Scott.

Calling Hillary a moderate is like calling McConnell a moderate - just because someone isn't strictly aligned with the far extremes of their party doesn't mean their own positions are anything less than 100% partisan.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2015, 01:18:31 AM »

Calling Hillary a moderate is like calling McConnell a moderate - just because someone isn't strictly aligned with the far extremes of their party doesn't mean their own positions are anything less than 100% partisan.
Thanks for pointing that out. I should have clarified that when I call someone a moderate, I am talking relative to the Party they are in. I don't think I said Hillary was a moderate. She is a partisan corporatist. She has some moderate positions relative the Democratic Party, and even some liberal ones, but at the end of the day she "represent Wall Street."
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2015, 01:22:51 AM »

Thanks for pointing that out. I should have clarified that when I call someone a moderate, I am talking relative to the Party they are in. I don't think I said Hillary was a moderate. She is a partisan corporatist. She has some moderate positions relative the Democratic Party, and even some liberal ones, but at the end of the day she "represent Wall Street."

Moderate Democrat is generally used interchangeably with DINO. People like Sinema, Donnelly, Tester, etc. qualify. This is literally the first time I've heard someone call Hillary a moderate democrat.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2015, 02:01:31 AM »

Moderate Democrat is generally used interchangeably with DINO. People like Sinema, Donnelly, Tester, etc. qualify. This is literally the first time I've heard someone call Hillary a moderate democrat.
Do you agree or disagree? I'm just stating my opinion. It aggravates a lot of Clintonista partisans that I won't be voting for Hillary, but I don't view her as a genuine progressive or someone who embraces traditional Democratic ideals (in the style of FDR, Truman, and LBJ).
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2015, 10:38:09 AM »

This is literally the first time I've heard someone call Hillary a moderate democrat.

But she agrees with the label.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2015, 01:09:27 PM »

Aside from everything that Crist has done, it is very rarely a good idea to trust a proven turncoat.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies