We Got a New Pig!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:27:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  We Got a New Pig!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: We Got a New Pig!  (Read 254 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 12, 2021, 06:29:35 PM »

I suppose that some of you might not care, and that's okay, but I am so glad that I just have to tell everyone.

Some of you whom may have paid attention to my posting history may have noticed a bizarre love for pigs that I have, due to once owning one that died almost four years ago in a tragic and surreal fluke of an event.

Well now, my sister and her boyfriend are at the point in their relationship where they decided that they wanted a fur baby, and instead of a dog (which we already have) my sister thought it was worth another attempt at raising a pig-a hypoallergenic pet we can actually have. The three of us all chipped in for one for her birthday. I'm so overjoyed to have another lovable, little gluttonous fuzzball in my life again. This is the kind of s*** that makes me truly happy, and I hope we can redeem ourselves and raise this one better.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 06:37:22 PM »

..that might be the cutest thread title in Atlas history. 
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 06:39:44 PM »

As someone who's owned guinea pigs since the age of 7, I congratulate you all on your new furbaby! Smile  They really are tremendous, underrated pets (compared to hamsters).

My only suggestion is that if you have the financial means, maybe in the future get a second or third one. Guinea pigs tend to be much happier in families, even if they fight with each other occasionally.

Just be sure to get one of the same gender if you don't want a new one popping out every two weeks. Tongue But if you do end up getting one of the opposite gender, give the snip-snip to the male because it's much harder and riskier to perform those procedures on females.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 06:44:17 PM »

I am told pigs make great pets. Enjoy!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 07:05:49 PM »

As someone who's owned guinea pigs since the age of 7, I congratulate you all on your new furbaby! Smile  They really are tremendous, underrated pets (compared to hamsters).

My only suggestion is that if you have the financial means, maybe in the future get a second or third one. Guinea pigs tend to be much happier in families, even if they fight with each other occasionally.

Just be sure to get one of the same gender if you don't want a new one popping out every two weeks. Tongue But if you do end up getting one of the opposite gender, give the snip-snip to the male because it's much harder and riskier to perform those procedures on females.

I appreciate everything you're saying, but we literally got a pig not a guinea pig. I wouldn't mind a guinea pig as a pet but me and my sister are very allergic to any animals that shed. Even those mostly hairless guinea pig breeds.

If we weren't allergic we would probably own every possible type of animal on Earth. It would look like Ace Ventura's house. We love animals.

I am told pigs make great pets. Enjoy!

Thank you! And it's true. If you're willing to do the research beforehand (a mistake my sister and mom made when they bought our first pig on a whim) they are indeed great pets. They are very smart though and that's as much of an attribute as it is a detriment. That's something that needs to be taken into account. Our first pig was able to open doors and bottles!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 08:15:17 PM »

I appreciate everything you're saying, but we literally got a pig not a guinea pig. I wouldn't mind a guinea pig as a pet but me and my sister are very allergic to any animals that shed. Even those mostly hairless guinea pig breeds.

If we weren't allergic we would probably own every possible type of animal on Earth. It would look like Ace Ventura's house. We love animals.

Oh wow. I'm surprised that New Jersey allows ownership of pigs as house pets. That's adorable!

Unfortunately, then, there's not much advice I can give as I've never owned any type of farm animal. Tongue
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 07:45:06 PM »

Oh wow. I'm surprised that New Jersey allows ownership of pigs as house pets. That's adorable!

Unfortunately, then, there's not much advice I can give as I've never owned any type of farm animal. Tongue

Yeah, it depends on the municipality and living situation. In my case my town allows it and in living in the house my mom owns it is permissible. Obviously you're out of luck in a town that bans them or if your landlord doesn't allow it. The place we bought our new little piglet from won't sell them to you if you don't make sure your town or residence allows them first. A change in peoples' address is one reason why a lot of pigs adopted as house pets end up sadly abandoned or given to animal sanctuaries. I don't think that will happen to us.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies