Anyone here get politically themed dreams?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:00:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Anyone here get politically themed dreams?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Anyone here get politically themed dreams?  (Read 4081 times)
dax00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2016, 09:01:41 AM »

Never. My dreams are in-depth, quite bizarre, and they seem to last a good 15-20 minutes each. If they get cut off, it's not uncommon for them to resume on some later night, like episodes in a series. I don't fancy even creating a list of them. Themes range from mysteries to sabotage to sex interests.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2016, 09:46:08 AM »

I had one shortly before the 2012 election. It was a watch party in which Debbie Wasserman Schultz announced that Barack Obama had just won North Carolina and passed the 270-electoral-vote threshold.

Terrible stuff.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2016, 01:47:07 AM »

Dreamt that Bernie Sanders was trying to drown me last night.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2016, 09:23:42 AM »

No. Amazingly Trump has not caused me to have nightmares yet. It must be the pot or something.

Well yeah. Doesn't it suppress your REM's? Quit for a day and you'll be drowning in your sleep. Better to stay clean and preserve your mental integrity!
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2016, 11:34:45 AM »

I had a dream last night that I was watching the DNC roll call. As the votes were coming in, it was clear that the Sanders people were trying some kind of shenanigans to prevent Clinton from winning it. They succeeded and Sanders ended up getting the nomination by two votes. The news channel I was watching then had a graphic where they showed Sanders with the "presumptive nominee" label and then Hillary with something like "Denied!" or "Taken down!" stamped over her face. They then cut to a live shot of Hillary (I don't know why, but in the dream she was somewhere in the stands during the roll call like Sanders was in real life), and she looked absolutely livid and ended up walking out. I remember thinking "well, it doesn't really matter at this point, since Hillary's up double-digits, I can't really see Sanders losing." Which is a bit odd, since Hillary was down nationally during the DNC, so presumably this DNC was taking place now and not a few weeks ago. The end.

Any interpretations?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2016, 11:38:25 AM »

Never (well adjusted normal human being normal).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2016, 11:59:29 AM »

Yes, stop taking these weird pills.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2016, 12:33:11 PM »

A few weeks ago (it was before the DNC, so at a time when the polls were close) I dreamt that it was  election night. I remember Hillary was leading in Florida and somehow Arizona (though by a very slim margin), but Ohio was still not called. The atmosphere was cautious optimism.

I woke up wishing that was true.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2016, 07:18:25 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2016, 07:20:26 PM by kcguy »

I dreamed last night that Clinton won the popular vote 46-31.  I have no idea who won the remaining 23%.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2016, 08:31:36 PM »

I dreamed last night that Clinton won the popular vote 46-31.  I have no idea who won the remaining 23%.
Using a uniform shift from 2012 (D -5, R -16):

405-133
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2016, 01:26:49 AM »

I'm not sure how political this is, but I had a dream a couple nights ago I was in London and there was a major ISIL attack very similar in style to the Mumbai attacks in 2008. A bunch of people including me were taken hostage, but all I was thinking was "ugh, this is going to play well for Trump and Ukip types. I need to make sure they can't spin this story!" I managed to escape and get on a tube train, but some ISIL guys were in hot pursuit. I was trying to find the BBC headquarters so I could tell them how not-traumatized and forgiving I was, so that people wouldn't think the attack had been so bad (even as guys were brandishing their guns at me), but then the train crashed or something and I woke up.

The end.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2016, 06:30:08 PM »

Well, I had a dream that a crazy dude told me Nate Silver prayed to Satan, does that count?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2016, 07:25:08 AM »

I had one last night where it was Election Night.  Like almost every similarly themed dream I have, I was not able to watch the results come in for some reason (I think I wanted to watch a football game- yes, I know it was a Tuesday night- and then fell asleep).  But, I checked the results later, and Clinton won comfortably, narrowly winning Georgia and also picking up Arizona and (I think) North Carolina.  The rest of the map was a little fuzzy.  As for the Senate, I remember that Rubio won by a very underwhelming margin, and that the "Middle Six" had split 2-2, with two that were too close to call.  I never found out which were which.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2021, 07:59:54 PM »

I request this thread be merged with this one, as it's the one people have been replying to these past 4-5 years. I don't like the other title as much, but what can you do?

I dreamed last night that Clinton won the popular vote 46-31.  I have no idea who won the remaining 23%.
Using a uniform shift from 2012 (D -5, R -16):
[snip]

Peep's shift from 2016:

Actual 2016 results adjusted for D −2, R −14:

I had one last night where it was Election Night.  Like almost every similarly themed dream I have, I was not able to watch the results come in for some reason (I think I wanted to watch a football game- yes, I know it was a Tuesday night- and then fell asleep).  But, I checked the results later, and Clinton won comfortably, narrowly winning Georgia and also picking up Arizona and (I think) North Carolina.  The rest of the map was a little fuzzy.  As for the Senate, I remember that Rubio won by a very underwhelming margin, and that the "Middle Six" had split 2-2, with two that were too close to call.  I never found out which were which.

Yes, Rubio vs. Clinton. It was supposed to be close/slight Clinton advantage, but then Rubio won in a landslide. All I know is that Clinton carried PA 56-44 or so.

This was the map, IIRC: [snip]

I fell asleep during CNN's election night coverage (the last thing I remember is the PA call for Clinton) and all I know is that this site had totally crashed on election night. It looked like the 2002 version when I logged in the morning after the election LOL.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies