Is Donald Trump going to be a better-funded Morry Taylor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:35:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Donald Trump going to be a better-funded Morry Taylor?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Donald Trump going to be a better-funded Morry Taylor?  (Read 1117 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2015, 06:11:36 PM »

Boorish rich guy with vaguely populist views and completely unacceptable to anyone other than a cranky middle-aged man who listens to talk radio.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 06:15:01 PM »

To be frank, I could see Trump do better than Newt Gingrich. At least he doesn't have as many skeletons in his closet, he's even more indignated/angry than Gingrich and he's slightly more likeable than Newt (it's very hard/almost impossible to be less likeable than Newt). They're also almost equally narcisistic, yet that didn't det er Newt from doing really well (in South Carolina at least).
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 09:34:01 PM »

Trump is many things, but he is not boorish.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 10:26:05 PM »

Didn't he write a tweet that read "If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 06:07:10 AM »

Didn't he write a tweet that read "If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?"

Trump's a celebrity running for President.  Because he's a celebrity, he can get away with a whole bunch of stuff that other guys would be pilloried for.  He's an adulterer, he's on his third wife, and he's had two bankruptcies, but he's a celebrity.  Some people think that Trump has magical abilities to "manage" and that this is what America needs.  I am personally curious to learn how principles espoused in "The Art of the Deal" will be applied to our economic and foreign policies.

Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 07:19:45 AM »

Nevermind, I thought that boorish meant something like 'boring' or 'bland', but its actually something more like 'rude'. 
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 10:43:26 AM »

Erick Erickson writes:

"There is one more thing I want you to know about Donald Trump. I’ve met him and interviewed him before. When the camera was not on and the interview was not going, he was not The Donald. He was a guy who cared deeply for his staff and the people who merely walked in the front door of his building. I want you to know that the Donald Trump I’ve seen in private is not the Donald Trump you see on stage because I think we are not going to see that Trump. It’s our loss and it will be his own loss. The person, a separate entity from the personality, is a good man.

The reason I don’t much care for Rick Santorum is that I’ve seen him, off camera and behind the scenes when no one was supposed to be watching, behave like a spoiled and entitled rich kid snapping at people in a lower position than himself when he did not need to. It’s also why I have a soft spot for Trump. From the same vantage point, I’ve seen him behave kindly to people far lower on the rung of life than him when he did not have to. Character when the camera isn’t rolling counts in my book.

Unfortunately for Trump, The Donald does not come across in public the way Mr. Trump does behind the scenes."

http://www.redstate.com/2015/06/16/why-donald-trump-matters/

My impression is also that Trump seems to have a much, much nicer, less arrogant personality than Santorum, to say the least.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 12:00:52 PM »

Erick Erickson writes:

"There is one more thing I want you to know about Donald Trump. I’ve met him and interviewed him before. When the camera was not on and the interview was not going, he was not The Donald. He was a guy who cared deeply for his staff and the people who merely walked in the front door of his building. I want you to know that the Donald Trump I’ve seen in private is not the Donald Trump you see on stage because I think we are not going to see that Trump. It’s our loss and it will be his own loss. The person, a separate entity from the personality, is a good man.

The reason I don’t much care for Rick Santorum is that I’ve seen him, off camera and behind the scenes when no one was supposed to be watching, behave like a spoiled and entitled rich kid snapping at people in a lower position than himself when he did not need to. It’s also why I have a soft spot for Trump. From the same vantage point, I’ve seen him behave kindly to people far lower on the rung of life than him when he did not have to. Character when the camera isn’t rolling counts in my book.

Unfortunately for Trump, The Donald does not come across in public the way Mr. Trump does behind the scenes."

http://www.redstate.com/2015/06/16/why-donald-trump-matters/

My impression is also that Trump seems to have a much, much nicer, less arrogant personality than Santorum, to say the least.

I've heard the exact opposite from people in NYC who have had run-ins with Trump.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »

I've heard the exact opposite from people in NYC who have had run-ins with Trump.

I didn't say likeable in general, just likeable compared to Santorum lol. Tongue
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 08:23:20 PM »

Trump is a blend of Morry Taylor and Pat Buchanan as I see it. Except he's got more money and more traction.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 08:35:00 PM »

Morry Taylor needs to explain why he's not running himself this time.  He promised us!:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=158237.0
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies