transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:04:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room?  (Read 9939 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: October 20, 2015, 06:05:01 PM »
« edited: October 20, 2015, 06:24:05 PM by 秋と修羅 »

This is a genuine problem but there has to be some solution to it that doesn't involve non-trans girls having to be naked around people who appear to be and may in fact still grow up to be men (trans, doesn't like weirding people about about it).

That solution is, of course,

Compulsory group showers are weird and creepy relics that should be phased out

(normal).

ETA: Also, I know that this is a minor thing to get persnickety about, but the increasingly preferred practice is to say 'trans [woman/man/girl/boy]', with the space in between, rather than making it a compound word.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 06:24:09 PM »

So                            BAN IT

I knew we would end up with someone taking that POV.

What aspect of what I was saying called for this response?

Society does not care about gender separate from sex. It never has. The idea of gender as separate from sex is only like 40 years old at most.

I understand what you're trying to communicate by making this claim, and it's (as much as it pains me to admit it) a reasonable point, but it's possible to make that point without saying manifest falsehoods.

"Persnickety" is one word for it. I can think of a few others. Wink

I think of gender and sex as the same, and I won't apologize for it. I'm not going to use gender free pronouns or hyphenated or non hyphenated euphemisms du jour. If people want to invent a name for themselves or a label or a condition or whatever, they are perfectly free to do that. And I support it. But it's going to go in one of my ears and out the other and life goes on.

Good for you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies