transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:59:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room?  (Read 9945 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: October 17, 2015, 05:11:25 PM »

This is a very complex issue, where any solution will make some people unhappy. So I suggest the greatest solution ever which will make no one unhappy... ban locker rooms. First I thought that unisex would be the way to go, but why not go for the ultimate solution, just ban things which force us to think and make hard decisions. It works on everything, somebody is unhappy about their lack of access to something ban Ban BAn BAN BAN BAN IT. We will never again have to think outside black and white, we now have the ultimate end solution to any complex issue.

BAN IT
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 05:43:32 PM »

BAN IT

Or we could just have regular locker rooms like the high school I went to and let people explore their sexuality on their own time.

Well personally I mostly get that this is complex intellectually, I have bathed with people I know to be gay, I don't care, I have been in public shower, while a cleaning lady began to clean the floors, I didn't care neither did the other mens in the showers, we all just ignored her. If I had to shower together with naked women, I would do the same as when I shower with naked men; ignore them. So this person could share locker room with the girls, the boys, having a private one or the school could have a uni-sex locker room. But you people live in another cultural context, so I get it's complex for you people.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 03:22:47 PM »

This is a genuine problem but there has to be some solution to it that doesn't involve non-trans girls having to be naked around people who appear to be and may in fact still grow up to be men (trans, doesn't like weirding people about about it).

That solution is, of course,

Compulsory group showers are weird and creepy relics that should be phased out

(normal).

ETA: Also, I know that this is a minor thing to get persnickety about, but the increasingly preferred practice is to say 'trans [woman/man/girl/boy]', with the space in between, rather than making it a compound word.

So                            BAN IT

I knew we would end up with someone taking that POV.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 05:47:54 PM »

So                            BAN IT

I knew we would end up with someone taking that POV.

What aspect of what I was saying called for this response?

The idea that public showers should be phased out. I don't say iit's necessary a wrong point, I personally disagree, but that doesn't make it necessary wrong. But there's a strong tendency in this victimisation cult we have developed, that we alway end up abolising things, when someone complain, because it's always the easiest solution, which make us avoid dealing with complex issues. I think that people need to get some thicker skin.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies