State Legislatures 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:03:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  State Legislatures 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Legislatures 2015  (Read 3538 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: November 01, 2015, 11:26:39 AM »

I don't think the odds of the Dems taking control of the State Senate in Virginia are very good - maybe a 1 in 3 chance at best. Sabato has a good analysis that leads me to that conclusion. It all depends on turnout of course in a low turnout election that favors the Pubs (particularly in the now Dem held NOVA seat). I suspect the Pub has a slight edge in the 10th SD that gets the most attention, and about a 50-50 chance to pick up at least one of two Dem seats.
I don't think they will pick up one of the 2 dem seats. But I agree with you that they will likely hold the toss up seat. 21-19 for the republicans after the election.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 12:43:43 PM »

I don't think the odds of the Dems taking control of the State Senate in Virginia are very good - maybe a 1 in 3 chance at best. Sabato has a good analysis that leads me to that conclusion. It all depends on turnout of course in a low turnout election that favors the Pubs (particularly in the now Dem held NOVA seat). I suspect the Pub has a slight edge in the 10th SD that gets the most attention, and about a 50-50 chance to pick up at least one of two Dem seats.
I don't think they will pick up one of the 2 dem seats. But I agree with you that they will likely hold the toss up seat. 21-19 for the republicans after the election.

Interesting.  My impression is that Gecker is favored in SD-10 but Parrish is now favored in SD-29, which would lead to R's maintaining 21/19.  In the long run, SD-29 will approach 75%D under its current lines, so hopefully it's just a one-term rental for Parrish.
Well,
For Parrish, I think he's the Monica Wehby of 2015. The seat is too dem friendly to be lost. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the feeling I get for this race.

For Gecker, people believe its a dem friendly. It isn't. It's a pure toss up, slight rep if I would say. But this will be close, but according to me the rep has a slight edge.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 04:31:07 PM »

Well, talleyrand is predicting the worst scenario. I dont think that will happen but I can understand why he's predicting that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies