Replace God Save the Queen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:36:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Replace God Save the Queen? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should it be Scrapped?
Yes (State Preferred Replacement)

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Replace God Save the Queen?  (Read 1690 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 12, 2015, 07:53:21 PM »

Uh...why?

If you forget how comically simplistic the words are (which is easy for me, as I don't speak French), I think it's pretty hard to say France's isn't one of the best.

Well I heard that the UK one would have originally been composed, and even written, by some French at some point in history, and then, lyrics on one side, music on an other one, would have been dug up later and became the UK anthem for some reason, no matter its roots.

Would confirm that France always been able of both the worst and the best.

That being said I tend to find this 'national song obligation' a bit silly and more and more part of the museum anyhow.

Last time I was in a crowd singing the Marseillaise (well, was in last January...) I was a bit disturbed, but it would be more by the 'French ambiance' rather than by the 'beat' of the stuff, which, yeah, kinda is fancy.
Marseillaise is probably one of the most violent and bloody national anthems anywhere (except possibly Mexico.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies