Ted Bessell for House: What's the Deal With Atlasia?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:10:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ted Bessell for House: What's the Deal With Atlasia?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ted Bessell for House: What's the Deal With Atlasia?  (Read 1273 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2016, 10:16:08 PM »
« edited: October 18, 2016, 11:09:39 PM by Ted Bessell, Bass God of the West »

*TedBessell walks onstage*

What's the deal with Atlasia? I mean, they always say the opposite of "progress" is "Congress," but I sometimes think we should just call it "regress!" You have expulsion votes and recalls left and right, politician after politician getting kicked out, it's like Survivor...

You know, I'm not big on political jokes. Too many of them get elected.

Congress is broken. It's plagued by a variety of problems, including inactive members, partisan bickering, and general negativity towards people who want to make Atlasia better just like we do. I'm running for House because I want to change these things -- I've never been a part of the partisan spats that have consumed the AFE board lately and I don't intend to join if I'm elected. I will work with people in all parties, and whoever is in the White House, to improve our country and make the game more enjoyable.

I look forward to working in Congress to address issues that matter --I hope to help rid the country of a burdensome regulatory spiderweb, I will support expanded rights and protections for LGBTQIA+ people at the Federal level, and I will be appearing with Justice Yankee tomorrow to speak about technological investment. This is going to be a great Congress, and I hope to be one of the people you elect to make it great.

I'm going to address the elephant in the room -- I resigned as Governor because I felt that I was not being active enough to sustain Fremont. I commend Governor GAworth for his efforts to help the Region improve, and it's good to see that there are competitive elections here, even though my preferred candidate lost out. However, a lot can change in a short time -- I have my scheduling under control now, and I'm confident that I can actively represent the people of Atlasia in Congress. If I didn't, just as I stepped down as Governor when I couldn't, I wouldn't be running.

In conclusion, I would love to have your votes as I seek the office of Representative of Atlasia. Questions are welcome and encouraged. Thanks!

Not claiming credit for the jokes in here. I lack humor, and it shows, but still
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 10:20:27 PM »

You were always one of my favorite Fremontians - good luck! You'll definitely get a preference from me.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 10:20:29 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2016, 11:35:22 PM by Cold Warrior »

Enthusiastically endorsed! I've come to know Ted Bessell as a friend, and he is one of the most dedicated Atlasians in the game. You only have to look at his record as the Governor of the old Pacific Region, where he revitalized a nearly-dead region, to understand his work.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 10:22:19 PM »

One of my most respected Feds and Fremont Citizens, I wish you the best of luck in the House Election. Endorsed for preference. 
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 10:57:59 PM »

Ted Bessell turned around the Pacific from a wasteland to an active region, and was one of the main founders of the region of Fremont. This is someone who has a record of success and bipartisan reform, and only stepped down due to his respect for active officeholding.

I endorse my good friend Ted Bessell for house, and encourage all of you to preference him high, so he can go to Nyman and make congress active again!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 12:11:44 AM »

Endorsed for high preference
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 07:51:43 AM »

I worked well with you when you were Governor, and you were one of the easiest people to get on with and actually focus on the issue. I'm also glad, that like me you agree that Atlasians' can take breaks from the game, and come back just as strong.

The focus on LGBT+ rights is brilliant as well, and reminds us that there's always so much more work we can do on the issue
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 09:02:42 PM »

Thank you all for your kind words. Smiley

Anoher thing -- as Representative, I think you deserve to know what goes on in my head when I do my job. Because of this, I pledge to explain every vote I cast in my public office.

Finally, I encourage all reading this to get out and vote (of course Tongue). Thanks.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 09:30:10 PM »

Endorsed my friend.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 11:35:14 AM »

Although we failed to retake the House, I'm proud to say that I have won election. Thank you all for the support, and I look forward to representing you in Congress.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 06:01:42 PM »

Congratulations, my friend. I am very excited to have you in the House.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 06:06:55 PM »

Congratulations, my friend. I am very excited to have you in the House.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 12:27:55 AM »

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 01:49:02 PM »

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 05:33:35 PM »

Congratulations, Ted. Ideological differences aside, you're a remarkably self-aware public servant, and I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us over the next two months.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 05:47:17 PM »

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes - I won't let you down.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 05:54:42 PM »

Congratulations! I look forward to working with you. Smiley
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 03:18:09 PM »

Congratulations, Ted. Ideological differences aside, you're a remarkably self-aware public servant, and I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us over the next two months.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2016, 01:15:22 PM »

I feel that I should address #EditGate.

I don't have much to say about the allegations that Federalists colluded to harass Jimmie across multiple media, because I do not know anything about that. I walked in on a conversation about Jimmie's vote and Blair's ideology in IRC with no prior knowledge of the situation, participated in it for ten or so minutes (not even knowing he had voted until shortly before I left), and departed -- that was the extent of my involvement here. I would be surprised, however, if Dfw and Santander had gotten together in IRC and decided to threaten Jimmie into editing his ballot.

Although my behavior was undoubtedly inappropriate, the idea that I engaged in some scheme to harass and threaten Jimmie into changing his vote is lunacy. I think that what happened here was a mixture of exceedingly poor judgement on the part of myself and my colleagues and a disconnect between what we thought was just discussion of his vote without pressure to change it and what he saw as voter intimidation -- Jimmie has acknowledged as much, and had we been aware of his specific issues beforhand we wouldn't have gone there at all.

However, while I don't think I committed a crime, I have made a mistake and treaded moral and ethical lines that I'm not comfortable with. There isn't a lot more that I can do, except say that I'm sorry, and uphold an even higher ethical standard during my Congressional term.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2016, 09:50:09 PM »

*bumps*

Running for House yet again! Hopefully I'll earn your support, but regardless remember to get out and vote!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 08:26:00 PM »

*bumps again*

Only a few hours left! Po Ke Mon Go To The Polls
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: