The Saddam test
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:14:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Saddam test
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Saddam test  (Read 1786 times)
Shira

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2005, 05:41:03 PM »

Nice job trying to change the subject.

In this thread neither Saddam, nor al-Qaeda  are the issues, but rather the mindset of those Americans  who adopted the theory that Saddam is responsible for 9/11.
It is not only sad, but it is dangerous that these people are deciding who would be the president of the US. There is nothing we can do about it.
The relation Saddam-Islam is a different issue. The matter of the fact is that the Islamic establishment hated Saddam. The reality is different than the one Cheney tried to portray.
Shira

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2005, 05:45:07 PM »

Shira- You sure pick the wierdest topics! They usually have some obtuse point but sheesh!

This topic isn't weird.  Shira's point is obviously that the ignorance level is greater in Bush states, where most people believe Saddam caused 9/11, or had some connection to it.

Of course he had some connection to 9/11, as he backed the Al Qaeda network.

Hahaha!  Shira, JohnFord is one of those that believe Saddam had something to do with 9/11!!!!

So, what I am asking is, what is the probability that a person voted for Bush if you know nothing about this individual except that:
1 - he/she voted
2 – he/she believes that Saddam is responsible for 9/11

OH, I'm guessing this level of dumbness is the biggest predictor for Bush voting, even over being a religious.

I estimate the probability to be around 0.9.  Again this is my subjective probability.
Shira

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2005, 05:52:57 PM »

From harris poll two weeks before the election:

41 percent believe that Saddam Hussein helped plan and support the hijackers who attacked the U.S. on September 11, 2001.
38 percent believe that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction when the U.S. invaded.
37 percent actually believe that several of the hijackers who attacked the U.S. on September 11 were Iraqis.
Shira

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2005, 06:02:50 PM »

Shira- You sure pick the wierdest topics! They usually have some obtuse point but sheesh!

This topic isn't weird.  Shira's point is obviously that the ignorance level is greater in Bush states, where most people believe Saddam caused 9/11, or had some connection to it.

Of course he had some connection to 9/11, as he backed the Al Qaeda network.

Hahaha!  Shira, JohnFord is one of those that believe Saddam had something to do with 9/11!!!!

Do you have any intention of debating the merits of my argument or do you intend to sit there with one hand typing insults and the other fondling a 12 year old Thai girl?

What argument?  I think you fit the profile - you believe that Saddam was behind 9/11, and you voted for Bush, pretty much proving Shira's argument.

actually, i dont think john ford fits the stereotype that you and shira are attempting to make.

he is educated and i doubt he comes from a backwater.

i also remember him flirting with the idea of supporting kerry. 

John Ford does not believe in a direct link between Saddam and 9/11 but he is trying to develop some theory abouyt an indirect link.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies