If Jim Webb were to run as an independent, who would be his running mate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:58:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  If Jim Webb were to run as an independent, who would be his running mate?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: If Jim Webb were to run as an independent, who would be his running mate?  (Read 3615 times)
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2015, 12:54:44 AM »

Webb/Chafee would have my vote if Hillary and any Republican besides Kasich, Graham, and Pataki) are the nominees of their Party. That would also be a great Libertarian ticket, as Webb and Chafee are closer to being Libertarians than they are to being Democrats.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2015, 07:35:18 PM »

Webb/Huntsman ticket can happen. Huntsman spoke about a potential third party ticket today.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2015/12/21/jon-huntsman-risks-gop-courting/77493886/
Ariosto
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2015, 11:30:09 PM »

Lawrence Lessig seems to make the most sense given that Lessig himself is already considering an Independent campaign of his own, was running more to promote his Citizen Equality Act rather than to become President, and could help Webb appeal to more liberal voters. However that would be likely be dependent on Webb 'adopting' the Citizen Equality Act as part of his platform which, given some of its provisions, I find some difficulty seeing. If they can compromise on a water-down version its a possibility.

I would not consider Chafee given he doesn't bring anything to the table, and his one debate performance ended any chance he had of making a positive impression on the national stage, akin to Perry's "Oops" moment; he could try of course, but first impressions are very difficult to dispel.

Huntsman seems a good choice, provided he would accept. He would solidify the ticket as an alternative for centrist voters, but the problem therein lies with the fact that both the Republicans and Democrats are going to be actively courting those voters as well. At least with Lessig for example Webb might have a small base among disaffected liberals. 'Might'.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2015, 01:29:17 PM »

Lawrence Lessig seems to make the most sense given that Lessig himself is already considering an Independent campaign of his own, was running more to promote his Citizen Equality Act rather than to become President, and could help Webb appeal to more liberal voters. However that would be likely be dependent on Webb 'adopting' the Citizen Equality Act as part of his platform which, given some of its provisions, I find some difficulty seeing. If they can compromise on a water-down version its a possibility.

I would not consider Chafee given he doesn't bring anything to the table, and his one debate performance ended any chance he had of making a positive impression on the national stage, akin to Perry's "Oops" moment; he could try of course, but first impressions are very difficult to dispel.

Huntsman seems a good choice, provided he would accept. He would solidify the ticket as an alternative for centrist voters, but the problem therein lies with the fact that both the Republicans and Democrats are going to be actively courting those voters as well. At least with Lessig for example Webb might have a small base among disaffected liberals. 'Might'.

Agreed on Lessig, but I don't see Huntsman running on the bottom of the ticket. He has an ego that would demand the top spot or nothing.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies