What if Trump actually becomes a dictator?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:56:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What if Trump actually becomes a dictator?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What if Trump actually becomes a dictator?  (Read 557 times)
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2016, 02:41:34 PM »

Honestly it's not something I can completely doubt. I mean I never expected him to win, now I can't be surprised by anything. All it would take would be another 9-11 (which I think his presidency makes more likely) he declares a state of emergency and calls upon congress to pass an expanded Patriot Act which expands the definition of terrorism to include criticism of his presidency and Muslim registration law. With his Justice Department fully staffed with lackeys voter suppression is openly tolerated nationwide and the 2018 midterms are essentially a sham. Meanwhile he gets congress to pass a jobs bill which includes funding for the construction of a wall and internment camps for undocumented immigrants, muslims and political dissidents. With Bannon as chief of staff it's only a matter of time before he decides to reenact the Nuremberg Laws while declaring his Jewish relatives and a few others he likes honorary aryans.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 02:47:27 PM »

With any new President, there is about a .1-1% chance of this happening. With this guy, I would say it is between 1-10% of this happening. I predict a 1 in 5 chance of some sort of existential crisis occurring by 2021...and it goes to about 1 in 2 by 2025, provided he remains unchecked.
Nichlemn

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 02:57:29 AM »

I very much doubt Trump could become a Hitler-like dictator. But I could certainly see a scenario where he shifts the Presidency in a significantly authoritarian direction, such that there is a real danger that he might be succeeded by someone who could become a genuine dictator,.
Klartext89

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 09:36:16 AM »

I know one thing for sure: If he only uses "presidential powers" half as often as Obama did, the Dems will make a "Comey" again.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 10:51:37 AM »

I very much doubt Trump could become a Hitler-like dictator. But I could certainly see a scenario where he shifts the Presidency in a significantly authoritarian direction, such that there is a real danger that he might be succeeded by someone who could become a genuine dictator,.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 11:29:07 AM »

I would say the chances are at least even if Trump gets reelected and never gets checked down ballot (loses govs, or at least 1 house). He would be the first Republican ever to not get checked downballot. 

In fact, I would say is if the Dems aren't rebuilt by 2023, Trump definitely does this and if a Republican succeeds him in 2025 if Trump does get checked, there is at least an even chance. Maybe even if Trump loses in both 2018 and 2020, 46 could be at risk.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies