Will there be another GOP President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:51:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will there be another GOP President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Yes or No?
Yes

No, GW Bush will be the last

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Will there be another GOP President  (Read 2861 times)
Gog
Gog3451
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2015, 09:00:12 AM »

I doubt that. What up you will see is the GOP shifting to a more "libertarian" stance to accomadate socially moderate/liberal millennials.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2015, 09:25:54 AM »

Not until 2024 the earliest I think. And then I think Marco Rubio will be the favourite. If I were to guess the general election match up most likely to bear fruit come 2024, I would have guessed on a show down between Julian Castro (Texas) and Marco Rubio (Florida). In other words an all latino general. Smiley Could be pretty exciting. Wink
Hopefully, Julian has thought himself Spanish in time for that occurance. Tongue

There are obviously other voices who will have a strong position come 2024 as well. Kirsten Gillibrand, Cory Booker, Brian Sandoval and Nikki Haley might be such candidates. Even Chris Christie won't be too old to run in 2024, neither will Rand Paul. So the options are near endless.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 04:51:23 PM »

2016, the GOP was taken aback when Jeb failed as a candidate. He was clearly favored to be nxt president. Now, Clinton is favored over all GOP and is tied with Rubio. 2020 is gonna get worse and SCOTUS will definately change with nxt president. I think Kennedy was holding on until nxt term anyways

FalloutBoy97
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.92

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2015, 10:14:59 PM »

Of course. Political parties adapt in whatever manner they have to to be competitive, eventually. It may take some time for the extremists in that particular party to give in, but the GOP is certainly not dead.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2015, 07:19:12 PM »

Yes, maybe in the 2020's.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2015, 07:11:03 PM »

I've been saying the Republican Party will dissolve in the next decade, but increasingly I'm thinking that if the Democratic nominee is Hillary Clinton, and the Democratic base is not excited to vote, Republicans will win in 2016, just as they did in the low turnout elections of 2014 and 2015.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2016, 01:31:05 PM »

*bump*

Seems unlikely at this point.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2016, 04:08:06 PM »

I've been saying the Republican Party will dissolve in the next decade, but increasingly I'm thinking that if the Democratic nominee is Hillary Clinton, and the Democratic base is not excited to vote, Republicans will win in 2016, just as they did in the low turnout elections of 2014 and 2015.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2016, 02:11:48 AM »

"Voter fatigue" is horsesh**t and supported by zero empirical evidence.  What does exist, however, are business cycles.  It's uncommon for capitalist economies to maintain more than 7-10 years of constant growth without a slowdown or recession interrupting it.  Now, recessions are hard to predict.  Economists are little better than witch doctors.  That said, I think it's likely that there will be another recession that'll hit sometime around either the 2016, 2020, or 2024 election.  So the chances of either party holding the presidency for the next three cycles is unlikely.

That said, the GOP is completely screwed long term.  People who legitimately think that the Midwest is "trending R" or that the party can win back the country by becoming socially liberal are delusional.  Studies have shown that partisan loyalties are essentially locked in place by the time a voter reaches 30 and that people, if anything, become more liberal as they age.  The GOP has pretty much done nothing to win over millennials, who are on pace to completely dominate the electorate by the mid 2030's.  In addition, of course, we have Hispanics and Asians (such as myself) who are growing as a percentage of the electorate and trending D.  Hard.

So I think that the Republicans might have another president, maybe even two more in them.  But I voted No anyway because lol why not.

Tongue
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2016, 11:30:27 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies