Will there be another GOP President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:32:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will there be another GOP President
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Yes or No?
Yes

No, GW Bush will be the last

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Will there be another GOP President  (Read 2926 times)
hangfan91
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2015, 10:40:58 AM »

Will there be another GOP President in the future in your opinion with the way the millennials are voting?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 12:41:53 PM »

... LOL.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 01:25:32 PM »

this is a good thread
GOP732
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 02:12:34 PM »

Will there be another GOP President in the future in your opinion with the way the millennials are voting?

This is why I don't come to this site very much anymore.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 02:14:04 PM »

mods
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 02:38:04 PM »

The Republican party got past the Great Depression, so we can get past this. 
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 2.96

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 03:41:03 PM »

The Republican party got past the Great Depression, so we can get past this. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 03:42:48 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2015, 03:44:19 PM by OC »

Not with Donald Trump with his Tea Party patriots movement who pretty much has just as much Mitt Romney had in electoral strength.

Senate and Prez numbers favors Dems.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 04:21:00 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 05:34:38 PM »

Well, every midterm and prez election senate maps lines favors each party respectfully; thus setting the stage we have 2-4 years, Dems are favored in NH, OH, CO & NV this year senate; those are must wins at presidential level.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 09:42:14 AM »

The Republicans are strongly favored to win the Presidency in 2020 IMO.
DS0816
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 09:50:04 AM »

Yes.

If that Republican is a two-term president, he/she will not have same-party majority control of both houses of Congress for 100 percent of the duration of his/her presidency.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 09:51:27 AM »

How would you rate their 2016 chances, out of curiosity?

Anyway, yes. The two party system seems stable unfortunately.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 11:35:27 AM »

I would probably say that the Democrats are slightly favored in the 2016 election at this point, especially if Donald Trump gets the Republican nomination (which seems somewhat likely considering his strong poll numbers). I do feel that the Democrats will do slightly worse in 2016 than in 2012, maybe going down to 310-315 Electoral Votes as opposed to 332 Electoral Votes. I still think that the Democrats will have solid gains in the 2016 Senate races, gaining around 5 or 6 seats from the Republicans.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 12:08:08 PM »

Put it this way, the 3rd, 4th and 5th consecutive election of the same party boosts the chances of the opposing party to win the generation election.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 12:44:39 PM »

Put it this way, the 3rd, 4th and 5th consecutive election of the same party boosts the chances of the opposing party to win the generation election.

Just judging by your PM score, I strongly urge you to register as a Republican in CO and let your views be part of the party discussion.  God knows we could use fewer SoCons.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 03:12:00 PM »

We've had the same two parties for the last 150 years, and during that time neither party has managed to win more than six straight presidential elections (Republicans did so from 1860-1880). I expect both of these trends to hold.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 04:36:15 PM »

Unfortunately, yes. Obviously.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 04:46:37 PM »

I would probably say that the Democrats are slightly favored in the 2016 election at this point, especially if Donald Trump gets the Republican nomination (which seems somewhat likely considering his strong poll numbers). I do feel that the Democrats will do slightly worse in 2016 than in 2012, maybe going down to 310-315 Electoral Votes as opposed to 332 Electoral Votes. I still think that the Democrats will have solid gains in the 2016 Senate races, gaining around 5 or 6 seats from the Republicans.

So you think the Democrats are favored to win 2016, but the Republicans are "strongly favored" to win 2020? That makes no sense.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 05:30:28 PM »

Just judging by your PM score, I strongly urge you to register as a Republican in CO and let your views be part of the party discussion.  God knows we could use fewer SoCons.
I am registered Republican, I just don't agree with the social aspect part of the party but do vote.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 05:45:57 PM »

There is nothing that will inherently require turnover at the top level. The world is littered with countries, provinces and states (including some U.S. States) where parties can have streaks of up to fifty or more years in power.  Now the U.S. is a fairly dynamic country, so I don't expect the sort of staid one party rule we see in some areas of the country. The argument against is if parties become more coalition-based than they are already. in countries like Malaysia or South Africa the governing parties are propped up by ethnic coalitions, and when the head honcho gets unpopular he gets shafted in favour of somebody from a rival faction.

If the GOP and Democrats becomes inexorably linked with the coalitions they court now, hypothetically one could imagine a "detente" of sorts where the ethnic + professional + student vote never wavers from Democrat and leave them in charge of The White House and the Managerial, white, rural and suburban, lower middle-class voters stick GOP leaving them the House. It would be an abhorration, but anything could happen.

And such a scenario is far more likely than either the Democrats or Republicans fading away and being rplaced with another party. That would require either an unthinkable economic crisis involving a depression, unemployment approaching 50%, hyperinflation, sovereign default or something; or some crux issue like the one that killed off the Whigs,
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2015, 06:25:33 PM »

"Voter fatigue" is horsesh**t and supported by zero empirical evidence.  What does exist, however, are business cycles.  It's uncommon for capitalist economies to maintain more than 7-10 years of constant growth without a slowdown or recession interrupting it.  Now, recessions are hard to predict.  Economists are little better than witch doctors.  That said, I think it's likely that there will be another recession that'll hit sometime around either the 2016, 2020, or 2024 election.  So the chances of either party holding the presidency for the next three cycles is unlikely.

That said, the GOP is completely screwed long term.  People who legitimately think that the Midwest is "trending R" or that the party can win back the country by becoming socially liberal are delusional.  Studies have shown that partisan loyalties are essentially locked in place by the time a voter reaches 30 and that people, if anything, become more liberal as they age.  The GOP has pretty much done nothing to win over millennials, who are on pace to completely dominate the electorate by the mid 2030's.  In addition, of course, we have Hispanics and Asians (such as myself) who are growing as a percentage of the electorate and trending D.  Hard.

So I think that the Republicans might have another president, maybe even two more in them.  But I voted No anyway because lol why not.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 04:50:34 AM »

So you think the Democrats are favored to win 2016, but the Republicans are "strongly favored" to win 2020? That makes no sense.
I feel that a fairly deep recession is likely occur between 2017 and 2019, which will hurt Hillary Clinton politically and reduce her reelection chances. Combining that factor with the inevitable voter fatigue after 12 years of Democratic rule makes a Republican victory in the 2020 Presidential election a strong possibility.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2015, 02:41:11 AM »

Even if there is it might not be until 2033 at this rate.
hopper
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2015, 02:51:55 AM »

Not with Donald Trump with his Tea Party patriots movement who pretty much has just as much Mitt Romney had in electoral strength.

Senate and Prez numbers favors Dems.
I don't think Trump is a Tea Party Guy. He is basically running the Campaign Playbook from Ross Perot's 1992 Campaign with a couple exceptions. Anyway a campaign like Trump is run every 25 years and "The Tea Party" is dead and it was only popular with Baby Boomers anyway.

Of course a Republican will win another Presidential I mean eventually they will. Maybe 2024 or 2028.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies