Will there be another GOP President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:28:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will there be another GOP President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Yes or No?
Yes

No, GW Bush will be the last

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Will there be another GOP President  (Read 2915 times)
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« on: October 22, 2015, 06:25:33 PM »

"Voter fatigue" is horsesh**t and supported by zero empirical evidence.  What does exist, however, are business cycles.  It's uncommon for capitalist economies to maintain more than 7-10 years of constant growth without a slowdown or recession interrupting it.  Now, recessions are hard to predict.  Economists are little better than witch doctors.  That said, I think it's likely that there will be another recession that'll hit sometime around either the 2016, 2020, or 2024 election.  So the chances of either party holding the presidency for the next three cycles is unlikely.

That said, the GOP is completely screwed long term.  People who legitimately think that the Midwest is "trending R" or that the party can win back the country by becoming socially liberal are delusional.  Studies have shown that partisan loyalties are essentially locked in place by the time a voter reaches 30 and that people, if anything, become more liberal as they age.  The GOP has pretty much done nothing to win over millennials, who are on pace to completely dominate the electorate by the mid 2030's.  In addition, of course, we have Hispanics and Asians (such as myself) who are growing as a percentage of the electorate and trending D.  Hard.

So I think that the Republicans might have another president, maybe even two more in them.  But I voted No anyway because lol why not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies