Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:44:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in the Presidential runoff on May 22 ?
Norbert Hofer (FPÖ)
Alexander Van der Bellen (Greens)
I'd invalidate the ballot
I'd stay home
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016)  (Read 288713 times)
palandio

« on: April 11, 2016, 01:36:50 PM »

When driving home from work today, I saw a guy in the car in front of me opening the window and as the car drives by along some posters from Norbert Hofer (FPÖ), the guy put his arm outside and made a Nazi salute ! 3 times, at 3 posters that were along the road !
I'm sure you were driving westwards, the sun was already standing quite low and if he wouldn't have protected his eyes with his hand, the sun would have dazzled him while he was looking at the Hofer poster. Or he was ordering five beers.
palandio

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 07:56:30 AM »

Official results might be announced within the next few minutes.

VdB favored.
palandio

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 07:52:40 AM »

[...] At the Saint-Germain treaty in 1919, Italy received from the Entete as "price" for entering into the war against Austria-Hungary all those parts of the county of Tirol that lay on the southwestern, Italian-bound side of the watershed [...]
The definition of the border through the watershed (with the exceptions pointed out by flocke) still has implications today: The highest point of the Brenner Base Tunnel will be exactly under the border, in order not to alter the border-defining watershed even inside the tunnel.
palandio

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 04:38:31 PM »

I fear that now might not be the right moment for posters like this. I mean, provocative messaging has it's right of being when promoting your political causes, but a poster like this directed at the general audience might even help Hofer in the short term. (And before someone asks: I know that the VdB campaign is not responsible for the poster.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies