Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:41:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in the Presidential runoff on May 22 ?
Norbert Hofer (FPÖ)
Alexander Van der Bellen (Greens)
I'd invalidate the ballot
I'd stay home
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016)  (Read 288268 times)
Donnie

« on: May 23, 2016, 04:31:52 AM »

I estimated that 750K absentee ballots will be counted today, the Interior Ministry says 740K.

That's because I did not take into account the fact that some people requested one but did not mail it back but instead cast their vote in any precint. With an absentee ballot you can vote in every precinct. And this small portion of absentee ballots is already counted on election day with the other votes.
This means the magic number for vdb is exactly 60%

Yepp.

I'm wondering what impact the additional 200k people will have who did not postal vote in round 1.

Like someone said before Hofer could benefit from a higher postal vote because a higher number would usually be less lopsided for the Left ...

Or VdB benefits because of a surge in center-leftist voters ...

I am not an expert in Austrian politics but somehow i doubt that in a runoff 50:50 election, one candidate will get over 60% of the mail votes when in the "normal" voting he got 48.1%. IMO the maximum for VdB will be 58% of those votes.  But we will see shortly...
Donnie

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 10:22:55 AM »

Donnie

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 09:12:25 AM »

More turnout rumours:

* strong turnout in Vienna (higher than in the May runoff)

* roughly the same turnout in Carinthia

http://m.heute.at/news/politik/Offenbar-reger-Andrang-auf-Wahllokale;art23660,1376734

Any twitter rumors, exit polls leaks yet?

What's your final prediction for this one, Tender?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies