Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:03:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in the Presidential runoff on May 22 ?
Norbert Hofer (FPÖ)
Alexander Van der Bellen (Greens)
I'd invalidate the ballot
I'd stay home
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016)  (Read 288686 times)
Pandaguineapig
United States

« on: May 22, 2016, 12:08:03 PM »

Hofer is up by around 4%, so mail ballots would have to break heavily for vdb to win
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 12:22:16 PM »

This could be 50-50 after mail, lol this could be Austria's version of the 2000 election
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 12:37:42 AM »

I estimated that 750K absentee ballots will be counted today, the Interior Ministry says 740K.

That's because I did not take into account the fact that some people requested one but did not mail it back but instead cast their vote in any precint. With an absentee ballot you can vote in every precinct. And this small portion of absentee ballots is already counted on election day with the other votes.
This means the magic number for vdb is exactly 60%
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 09:31:51 PM »

Are there any debates or conventions or anything that could change the nature of the race? I feel like US politics have been studied down to a science but I know nothing of Austrian politics.

What would change if Hofer assumed the presidency?
From what I understand the Austrian presidency is mostly ceremonial, it would mostly be a signal of a strong surge in the Austrian right and a potential FPO government in the next parliamentary election
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 12:40:28 AM »

Not sure if there has been actual movement towards hofer or if polls are overestimating him again
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies