Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:49:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in the Presidential runoff on May 22 ?
Norbert Hofer (FPÖ)
Alexander Van der Bellen (Greens)
I'd invalidate the ballot
I'd stay home
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016)  (Read 288683 times)
BundouYMB

« on: May 22, 2016, 12:34:33 PM »

What is the theory or explanation for why a VdeB does so much better with postal ballots?

I can't speak to Austria in particular, but postal ballots in general are usually dominated by "vulnerable" sections of society. i.e. people who work long, strange hours, ailing people, immigrants, disabled people, ect. These are the people who can't get to the polls to vote on election day and these types of demographics tend to vote for the more left-wing candidate.
BundouYMB

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 12:25:47 PM »

Another bullet dodged. No time for celebrating, but a sign of relief can be breathed: for the moment.

It says something about the state of Austria rn when a fascist winning "only" 49.7% of the vote is considered dodging the bullet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies