Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:12:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in the Presidential runoff on May 22 ?
Norbert Hofer (FPÖ)
Alexander Van der Bellen (Greens)
I'd invalidate the ballot
I'd stay home
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016)  (Read 288235 times)
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« on: May 23, 2016, 09:48:02 AM »

Looks like the fix is in.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 11:24:20 AM »

I really doubt it. As much as I tend to back Hofer (or frankly anyone over a Green candidate) I do not see why the system will block his victory.  In fact, having Hofer win might make it more likely that PFO might  implode if he were to mess up.  The Prez in Austria is fairly ceremonial.  If the fix is in it is most more likely they will do it in 2018.  But if Hofer were to narrowly lose  which he did in this case it will most likely energize the PFO vote in 2018 especially if the overall political climate does not improve.

In the same way I back Trump but ideally I want him to lose narrowly to Clinton.  2018 will be a massacre for the Dems in 2018 if Clinton were to win narrowly with no coattails.  
Well, the energized FPO vote and chancellor Strache in next few years seem like a good chance. We'll see.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies