Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:19:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in the Presidential runoff on May 22 ?
Norbert Hofer (FPÖ)
Alexander Van der Bellen (Greens)
I'd invalidate the ballot
I'd stay home
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics 2.0 (Presidential runoff re-vote: 4 Dec. 2016)  (Read 289069 times)
Hnv1
YaBB God

« on: April 16, 2016, 10:11:58 AM »

As far as I know the official stand regarding the FPÖ is of boycott (Israel recalled its ambassador between 2000-03), though in recent years far-right groups here had been making contacts with far right parties and individuals in the US\EU with the "common foe" of Islam. So far it has been rather controversial especially with FN, Afd and such (blames of Jew-washing and such).

I don't know what Khaled said, and personally in my experience the foreign Palestinians and sometimes the foreign Israelis\Jews are being more radical and violent (and certainly more hawkish than locals here). But if it were true I'd be rather disappointed by the SPÖ considering the strong past mutual past links and the once strong Jewish vote(my great-grandfather was a member in the days of Austro-Hungaria before he lost his citizenship).

Back to Strache, as I've seen anti-Semitic Jewish bankers caricatures on his facebook page I'd say those who dwell in glass houses...  
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 12:38:31 PM »

Is that region of Austria not effected to a large extent by migration flux? this results are odd I would have expected FPÖ to rise
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 09:04:10 AM »
« Edited: May 20, 2016, 09:11:34 AM by Hnv1 »

The whole point was, that electing Hofer would mean electing a president that will be boycotted by Israel, which still is true.
That's really not going to happen. Israel will maintain normal relations with Austria and with whoever is elected president, whether it's VdB or Hofer.
Probably maintain relationship without recalling ambassador but he will not be welcome here on a state visit and president Rivlin will not meet him.

Frauke Petry was also here not long ago but again not a state visit (she wasn't even invited by any MK I think). MKs can invite who ever they want but it's not a state visit if it's  not according to protocol by the invitation of the foreign office (PM\FM meeting, House speaker [not deputy!], leader of the opposition, the president).

Regarding the incident, shocking a politician exaggerates...but he clearly wasn't at the incident, the parking lot is some 300-400 metres away. 
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 10:56:13 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2016, 10:59:31 AM by Hnv1 »

So basically if Hofer gets around 51% the postal vote will tilt it the other way? when will we get the Vienna results?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 10:59:57 AM »

if Hofer gets 51% of the postals; he will get 53% nationwide

postal are included in the 'hochrechnungen'

as is vienna.....
sorry I forgot the "the" in my message
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 09:49:20 AM »

Am I the only one seeing a problem with a party named the NEOs? or that term doesn't hold the neo-nazi meaning in Austria?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 10:02:45 AM »

Tender how do you predict voter turnout for a second time? and who benefits from it?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 07:20:41 AM »

Why the procrastination with the reelection? Who is acting president meanwhile?

Tender do you think we'll see a black-red-Neo coalition?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies