Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:34:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 72
Poll
Question: Does uniting the right in Alberta mean the NDP is toast next election?
Absolutely they are done like dinner

NDP still might win, but will be a steep hill to climb

NDP will likely win, UCP too extreme

NDP will definitely win

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II  (Read 190338 times)
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: December 08, 2016, 06:13:56 PM »

PEI poll, posting it because I am happy to see Liberal support eroding there after their giant "fuck you" after going against the result of the electoral reform referendum.

Liberal: 46 (-18)
PC: 25 (+3)
Green: 22 (+13)
NDP: 7 (-1)

Ironically due to the vote split, they would probably win every seat with those numbers.
Holy sh**t, that can't be right, the Greens at 22%?!
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #726 on: December 12, 2016, 10:27:43 AM »

Feds want electoral reform legislation tabled by May.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #727 on: December 12, 2016, 01:53:02 PM »

The latest two polls for the Federal election have the Liberals crashing down like a meteor. What happened? Did that Fidel statement fiasco hurt Trudeau?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #728 on: December 12, 2016, 02:38:42 PM »

The latest two polls for the Federal election have the Liberals crashing down like a meteor. What happened? Did that Fidel statement fiasco hurt Trudeau?
Considering the Honeymoon period was longer than normal, and the last poll has them up still by 8 points, Crashing isn't something I would call it.  A return to normal is more likely.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #729 on: December 12, 2016, 03:27:49 PM »

There is the Forum Poll, what is the other poll?
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #730 on: December 12, 2016, 03:42:51 PM »

EKOS - 22 November
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #731 on: December 13, 2016, 11:18:23 AM »

Angus Reid premier approvals: Wall 58%, Pallister 50%, Clark 35%, Wynne 16%.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #732 on: December 13, 2016, 11:47:14 AM »

Maybe, but there is also pipelines, electoral reform flip flopping, etc. Bad last few weeks for the Liberals. I for one am back to my old loathing of Canada's natural  governing party.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #733 on: December 13, 2016, 03:37:07 PM »

EKOS - 22 November

Thanks. Probably this is mainly caused by a reaction to Trump's win, that Canada would do better with Trump with the Conservatives in power here.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #734 on: December 13, 2016, 04:21:48 PM »

They would win by more than they did in 2015 - that isn't crashing like a meteor. The extreme honeymoon is coming to an end.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #735 on: December 13, 2016, 09:02:28 PM »

They would win by more than they did in 2015 - that isn't crashing like a meteor. The extreme honeymoon is coming to an end.
I used the "crashing like a meteor" term in a Dan Rather way but it was quite a fall in just one month from a 20+ point lead to 10 or even single digits lead and, this is important, the Tories still don't have a leader.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #736 on: December 15, 2016, 05:39:50 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2016, 05:48:57 PM by Adam T »

I have a question for those who support the pipelines but oppose the Saudi Arabia arms deal.

The explanation for the support of the pipelines despite the claims of environmental degradation and potential impact on global warming is: "if we don't sell the oil somebody else will and look at all the jobs."

On the Saudi Arabia arms deal it's also true that if we don't sell them the arms somebody else will and this deal will reportedly create about 3,000 jobs.

So, my question is: how do you explain to those 3,000 people why they shouldn't have a job due to some ultimately meaningless moral posturing?

There are slight differences in terms of selling into a Middle East that is already a powder keg and that Global Warming is more of a longer term problem and the effects of selling the oil can be partially mitigated through carbon pricing, but ultimately, given that the carbon pricing proposed by all the countries in the world if actually implemented won't get the world to the targets of carbon reduction that the scientists say is needed to stave off a not too distant world wide catastrophe, I honestly can't see any significant difference between the two.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #737 on: December 15, 2016, 06:25:00 PM »

Well for one the pipeline is unlikely to be used to suppress Saudi dissidents.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #738 on: December 15, 2016, 06:27:24 PM »

And global warming won't lead to a lot of deaths?  So, deaths caused by government is bad but deaths caused by environmental destruction isn't?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #739 on: December 16, 2016, 08:03:59 PM »

And global warming won't lead to a lot of deaths?  So, deaths caused by government is bad but deaths caused by environmental destruction isn't?

Are murder, manslaughter and death due to negligence morally the same? That's the issue with equivocating rising sea levels and some poor Shia guy getting shot in the back of the head.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #740 on: December 16, 2016, 08:15:06 PM »

Potential Cabinet shuffle in the New Year.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #741 on: December 16, 2016, 08:42:06 PM »

Hmm, wonder who will be the Grits O'Connor or Bernier. My guess is Monsef.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #742 on: December 16, 2016, 09:47:52 PM »

Are murder, manslaughter and death due to negligence morally the same? That's the issue with equivocating rising sea levels and some poor Shia guy getting shot in the back of the head.

I think they are morally the same.  People who live right now in poor nations barely above sea level probably also agree with me.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #743 on: December 16, 2016, 09:52:39 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2016, 10:16:10 PM by Adam T »

I don't personally count the four who only hold positions that were previously ministers of state as full cabinet ministers, but yeah Monsef.

I'd say the other really poor performers are (listed by province from west to east,I hope I get the Atlantic provinces in the right geographic order):
1.Kent Hehr
2.Dominic LeBlanc
3.Laurence MacAuley
4.Judy Foote

Listening to Kent Hehr in interviews spouting the government's b.s talking points is just painful.  I'd say he's actually worse than Monsef, because at the very least she, at times, seems to acknowledge that she's made a mistake and tries to learn from it.  Of course, it's possible with her that everything she does is on the orders of the PMO.

In the case of Hehr, I don't want to be one of those who especially criticizes a Veterans Affairs Minister so that I can claim to be morally outraged over the treatment of veterans, but his performances are just embarrasing.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #744 on: December 17, 2016, 01:58:13 PM »

I don't personally count the four who only hold positions that were previously ministers of state as full cabinet ministers, but yeah Monsef.

I'd say the other really poor performers are (listed by province from west to east,I hope I get the Atlantic provinces in the right geographic order):
1.Kent Hehr
2.Dominic LeBlanc
3.Laurence MacAuley
4.Judy Foote

Listening to Kent Hehr in interviews spouting the government's b.s talking points is just painful.  I'd say he's actually worse than Monsef, because at the very least she, at times, seems to acknowledge that she's made a mistake and tries to learn from it.  Of course, it's possible with her that everything she does is on the orders of the PMO.

In the case of Hehr, I don't want to be one of those who especially criticizes a Veterans Affairs Minister so that I can claim to be morally outraged over the treatment of veterans, but his performances are just embarrasing.

Hehr and Trudeau have a bit of a rapport, and get along well, so I doubt he'll be sacked right now. He might get a warning, and perhaps next reshuffle if he continues to preform poorly, but not now.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #745 on: December 17, 2016, 02:05:13 PM »

LeBlanc won't be sacked unless there's a meltdown in his department. They've been close friends since childhood.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #746 on: December 17, 2016, 07:55:39 PM »

LeBlanc won't be sacked unless there's a meltdown in his department. They've been close friends since childhood.

Maybe he'd take a major diplomatic posting if one is available.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #747 on: December 28, 2016, 10:22:21 AM »

Electricity next on the government's energy agenda.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #748 on: January 01, 2017, 11:49:22 AM »
« Edited: January 01, 2017, 03:47:05 PM by RogueBeaver »

NBNDP leader Dominic Cardy quits after being fragged by the left.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #749 on: January 01, 2017, 03:12:02 PM »

Kind of surprised NBNDP even has a hard left. New Brunswick has got to be the least hospitable province for any sort of radical left, except maybe PEI. It has no big cities, no tradition of mining/farmer activism, and no arch-reactionary tradition to antagonize the left.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies