Have you ever been prevented from voting? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:49:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever been prevented from voting? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have you ever been prevented from voting?  (Read 2626 times)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« on: October 23, 2015, 10:19:38 AM »
« edited: October 27, 2015, 09:14:20 AM by Mr. Illini »

Last year I had to have my friend that I had gone to vote with sign an affidavit confirming who I was. It was my first election living at my current address and so I had recently registered to vote here. The clerk's office messed up my name on the registration and so my name on my proof of residence (a piece of mail required to present upon first time voting) did not match that which appeared on my voter registration.

The poll worker was very nice and wanted me to vote, but he said had I gone to vote alone rather than with my friend (who signed the affidavit) he wouldn't have been able to allow me to vote.

A couple of my neighbors have had their names badly misspelled when they filed to vote as well and we live in an 80% Obama precinct in a county with a Republican county clerk (despite being a Likely D county). I can only wonder if his office does this on purpose and then passes it off as "entrance error" to prevent our liberal precinct from voting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies