Have you ever been prevented from voting? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:03:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever been prevented from voting? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have you ever been prevented from voting?  (Read 2620 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: October 24, 2015, 08:19:17 PM »

Not yet.  There have been many times when I didn't bother with it, which was most of the times, but on those occasions when I actually wanted to vote, I voted.

Usually I only vote in the November elections, not the March ones, and then only in even numbered years.  So, at best, I only vote 25% of the time, and probably not even that because often it's just a safe-seat US congressman and a few uninteresting referenda.  I think this year I will actually vote in the municipal and school board elections because the current school policies are becoming disagreeable.  I'll let you know if life gets in the way, but I can't imagine that it would.  The place is only a few blocks away and it's open before I wake up and stays open till after I get home from work.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 07:59:06 AM »

not sure either counts as "prevented"

I don't think the first episode was the result of prevention.  The rules were in place, but you simply did not bother to learn the rules.  The second one is more of a prevention, especially if it was a situation in which you feared that you might lose your job if you sneaked away long enough to vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies