Conservative Party of Canada Leadership Race Megathread-May 27th 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:05:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Conservative Party of Canada Leadership Race Megathread-May 27th 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will some candidates drop out of the race in order to stop O'Leary from winning?
Yes

No

Maybe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Conservative Party of Canada Leadership Race Megathread-May 27th 2017  (Read 102268 times)
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 20, 2016, 01:59:29 AM »

The Conservative Party of Canada just went alt right

https://www.facebook.com/cpcpcc/photos/a.10150215051769204.329974.5661704203/10154297426314204/?type=3&theater
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 01:31:14 PM »

Too lazy to read 20 pages of comments but it appears there are actually candidates now. Here's my impressions of them based off skimming Wikipedia, tell me if I'm wrong:

Maxime Bernier: Former Minister for Foreign Affairs. Mainstream Libertarian-ish candidate. Think David Davis/Rand Paul.

Michael Chong: Former Minister of Sport. Generic conservative except makes pro-environmental noises. Half Chinese. Seems like a Cameron/Rubio type in that he seems young and moderate but actually isn't.

Tony Clement: Some dude who no one really likes but he's somehow rich and he keeps running for stuff. Eventually he was rewarded with a seat in parliament.

Kellie Leitch: Former Labor Minister. Very conservative candidate. Sort of a Canadian Andrea Leadsom.

Deepak Obhrai: Longest serving Conservative MP. Generic conservative but makes noises about need for moderation. Also Indian so that also makes him seem less conservative than he actually is. Like an Indian John McCain.

Andrew Scheer: Former Speaker of the House. Generic conservative boring dude. Trying to be like Harper I guess.

Pierre Lemieux: MP who says he's running but hasn't filed. Running as a social conservative.

Brad Trost: The same person as Lemieux.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies